Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,971 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

ML350 Alarms - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ML350 Alarms (1383 Views)

Benz Ml350 Or Ml550??? / Ml350 Abs Actuator, Wheel Sensor And Abs Cu Cost / Choice To Make Between Buying An LR3 And An Ml350 Benz 4matic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ML350 Alarms by justask(m): 6:42pm On May 11, 2015
My Mercedes Benz ML350 year 2008 recently started displaying ESP alarm and won't clear even after several scan and attempted clearing with diagnostic equipment. The mechanic said it is faulty steering angle sensor, I ordered and changed out the part but alarm is still there. Please what could be the possible cause?

Secondly what's the correct engine drive belt size for this car, I bought 2404mm and the belt cut after three days, the mechanic said its 2420mm but manual says 2404mm, plz can someone help on this?

Thirdly, can all these alarms be deactivated and what will be the effect? Thanks
Re: ML350 Alarms by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 11, 2015
Seat belt, timing belt or serpentine belt?

1 Like

Re: ML350 Alarms by DECOtech(m): 1:35am On May 13, 2015
justask:
My Mercedes Benz ML350 year 2008 recently started displaying ESP alarm and won't clear even after several scan and attempted clearing with diagnostic equipment. The mechanic said it is faulty steering angle sensor, I ordered and changed out the part but alarm is still there. Please what could be the possible cause?

Secondly what's the correct engine drive belt size for this car, I bought 2404mm and the belt cut after three days, the mechanic said its 2420mm but manual says 2404mm, plz can someone help on this?

Thirdly, can all these alarms be deactivated and what will be the effect? Thanks

For your mech to rush at your steering angle sensor shows how clueless he is about this issue.

Firstly, ESP means Electronic Stability Control. when this warning light comes on, it could be caused by a range of faults from your brake light switch, ABS/wheel speed sensor or even the brake pressure sensor. Sometimes you might have touched the ESP button without knowing it. the steering angle sensor is not the first bus/stop in this matter. You should find a better (High end) scanner like the MB STAR or even a Launch X431 which can read codes off your ESP control module to give you a clearer picture of what the issue is.

Secondly, as regards the right belt size for your car. If your manual says 2404mm, then that's the right size. if the belt keeps cutting, then one of your pulleys or tensioners are faulty and needs to be replaced

If you need further assistance, you can call this number 08030938491

Cheers.
Re: ML350 Alarms by NwaTeacher1: 5:23am On May 13, 2015
Don't disconnect the alarm. The problem in from the brake sensor. Check the four wheels of the suv well and change the brake sensor wires. You can havd a special agrement with car parts dealers by telling them to give you the four sensor wires when you fix & detect d faulty ones in ur own, you buy that one & return the other ones. I hv hrd same experience. Nothing do ur ml
Re: ML350 Alarms by justask(m): 9:29am On May 14, 2015
Wow! a big thank you to Decotech and nwateacher1. I ll try ur advice.

(1) (Reply)

Automatic Transmission Additives / My Toyota Camry Needs Help / Common Symptoms Of Power Steering Pump Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.