Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,006 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years (4257 Views)

The Future Of Machine Learning In Nigeria / In Need Of Software Developers / Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by digitite: 11:10am On May 23, 2015
gimakon:

Asset management software and account management and inventory software for banks u mean? Right now I have account management

We would be interested in the Asset Management Software cool.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 23, 2015
Adenugay:

Can you send me your number, for some business of some sort?

08098688235 or 08149577430 you can also get to me via bbm 2BD65558 , sorry for the late reply
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 23, 2015
digitite:

We would be interested in the Asset Management Software cool.

What features should it have, you can temme, lemme see what I can do.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by digitite: 10:43pm On May 23, 2015
gimakon:

What features should it have, you can temme, lemme see what I can do.

So, you don't have it already made?
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 6:29am On May 24, 2015
digitite:

So, you don't have it already made?

You might want to add some extra features, that's what am asking or do you just want something that would just save data to mysql database only? There might be something you might want to add that's what am asking you
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by digitite: 7:07am On May 24, 2015
gimakon:

You might want to add some extra features, that's what am asking or do you just want something that would just save data to mysql database only? There might be something you might want to add that's what am asking you

I thought you had a complete asset management solution. so long fellow...
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 24, 2015
digitite:

I thought you had a complete asset management solution. so long fellow...

Mxm. Abeg have fun. Bye
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by NumberOne2(m): 11:57am On May 27, 2015
I think the Nigerian software development will evolve like NollyWood movies. The good ones will thrive, the bad ones will dies a natural death. However, there will be some kind reward for hardwork and innovation (either financial or verbal recognition).
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by jobadaiya: 11:21pm On May 27, 2015
The future of software development will be determined largely by the business community and favourable government policy in the sector. We may have some good developers (relatively few) but lack understanding of Nigeria business environment. You cant just develop anything and expect people to just buy... The market (or would be market, by any test) should determine what to a developer should focus on. Government role is to deepen adoption of technology by her functionaries and also adopt sound policies and improve infrastructure that will support the sector.

1 Like

Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 7:00am On May 28, 2015
jobadaiya:
The future of software development will be determined largely by the business community and favourable government policy in the sector. We may have some good developers (relatively few) but lack understanding of Nigeria business environment. You cant just develop anything and expect people to just buy... The market (or would be market, by any test) should determine what to a developer should focus on. Government role is to deepen adoption of technology by her functionaries and also adopt sound policies and improve infrastructure that will support the sector.

I pray o. Heheheheheh naija like paper and biro things sha... look at Japan, America, China even India then you sure would know we are eminently behind.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by jobadaiya: 7:59am On May 28, 2015
Goodmorning Gimakon, these countries you mentioned, developed because of their peculiar nature - for instance, USA was built from scratch by the immigrants who left their old world and culture which they dont like...; India with her staggering population is only responding to natural economic laws to speed up development (You cant have such population and be on merrymaking!); and Japan has a long history of innovation and organization ingrained in their culture. In my little experience in Nigeria, getting the right developer with right attitude is a big challenge. The problems are much to say the least. However, we need focus on solutions on way forward for Naija...
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 9:08am On May 28, 2015
U
jobadaiya:
Goodmorning Gimakon, these countries you mentioned, developed because of their peculiar nature - for instance, USA was built from scratch by the immigrants who left their old world and culture which they dont like...; India with her staggering population is only responding to natural economic laws to speed up development (You cant have such population and be on merrymaking!); and Japan has a long history of innovation and organization ingrained in their culture. In my little experience in Nigeria, getting the right developer with right attitude is a big challenge. The problems are much to say the least. However, we need focus on solutions on way forward for Naija...

Let me believe you
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by JameHacks(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
jobadaiya:
That's right, solution is what is needed
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by codeigniter(m): 2:06am On Dec 28, 2020
Nothing really changes in this part of the world and its still a shock that we still have the same problems till date

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Learn C++ Programming Language / How To Implement Licensing For Vb.net Application / Best Java Book For Serious Learners/ Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.