Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years (4033 Views)

The Future Of Machine Learning In Nigeria / In Need Of Software Developers / Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 11, 2015
How do you see software development in Nigeria in the next 15 years? Do u see any progress? Let's have a say
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by losprince(m): 7:18pm On May 11, 2015
The future of software development bright so tey we go need sun glasses

3 Likes

Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by AAinEqGuinea: 7:26pm On May 11, 2015
I do. I see smarter pastures ahead just from this Nairaland section alone

Only hindrance are great minds inability to work towards a common, bigger goal.

I could understand that programming and deving are hustles to many and it pays my bills too, so I can understand the reservations to help potential competition there, but I've already seen a lot of Nigerian applications and hardware projects and ideas in the wild that substantiates the forecast of exceptionalism in Nigeria's programming future.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 11, 2015
I wouldn't dispute if u gimme facts.
I been calling and calling, different hospitals and some other small companies (since I wonna have a portfolio or say a souvenir) and they be like, Ok we would get back to you later. Funny they think it's a scam.... The later sef I never see, I come day wonder watin I do this fellows

Seeking a client in Nigeria isn't easy,personally thinking of moving the market to some place else and having my office here in this country. What you have to say to this

1 Like

Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 11, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
I do. I see smarter pastures ahead just from this Nairaland section alone

Only hindrance are great minds inability to work towards a common, bigger goal.

I could understand that programming and deving are hustles to many and it pays my bills too, so I can understand the reservations to help potential competition there, but I've already seen a lot of Nigerian applications and hardware projects and ideas in the wild that substantiates the forecast of exceptionalism in Nigeria's programming future.

Seems you in equatorial Guinea, how nice
Well lemme hear why you said so.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by AAinEqGuinea: 7:45pm On May 11, 2015
gimakon:

Seems you in equatorial Guinea, how nice
Well lemme hear why you said so.

grin LOL no I'm African American. I did this DNA test which informed me that my closest modern population match in the world is the people of Equatorial Guinea (Nigeria was last, as far as my African matches goes cry ).. My result was worthy of a screen name, at the very least.

Nigerians are smart, they only suffer from poor leadership (which may change for the better soon). In my life I've befriended and heard too many stories of Nigerians and other Africans doing great things in tech despite the challenges they face. I'm sure you've probably seen thought-provoking ideas crop up in this section as well.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 11, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

grin LOL no I'm African American. I did this DNA test which informed me that my closest modern population match in the world is the people of Equatorial Guinea (Nigeria was last, as far as my African matches goes cry ).. My result was worthy of a screen name, at the very least.

Nigerians are smart, they only suffer from poor leadership (which may change for the better soon). In my life I've befriended and heard too many stories of Nigerians and other Africans doing great things in tech despite the challenges they face. I'm sure you've probably seen thought-provoking ideas crop up in this section as well.

Sure I have, see I have even had in mind once to design something like alibaba.com myself, I been able to do it in asp.net, some other guy I met on here brought the idea up too...
I don't have a single idea where else to send my proposals and since I just registered my company name (tho I haven't gotten the certificate yet) am still striving hard to see if I can raise cash and set up an office, hence I be able to perfect ma plans.
I designed a banking software also with c# and mssql, my problem is who wants to buy, the nation we live in uses software which is not made in Nigeria, and it's bad for us.
It makes us seem lazy like, o yea this fellows who wonna design for us doesn't know what he's doing or he's scam... blah blah, let's patronise India or Switzerland, this is why I decided to ask this question on here. I program in several languages, c#, php, c++, Java...yet I don't have a job,ehen u try to start something on your own, it seems a mess. it's bad. Very bad...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by AAinEqGuinea: 8:01pm On May 11, 2015
I think Seun and Nairaland deserve a long-awaited award or global recognition for this forum, its ability to engage in deliver a massive variety of reliable, contentious, and socially engaginb information, while also having sides for fun and games. Nairaland is literally the digital gateway to Africa.

Technically speaking, Nairaland isn't bloated with energy consuming processing and is accessible and responsive to a broad genre of users, true techno-diversity.

I could go on, but if Nigeria is able to build and sustain a free digital service like Nairaland, in which many come to for medical advice before consulting an actual medical professional, this speaks volumes about the people's technical propulsion smiley

1 Like

Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 11, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
I think Seun and Nairaland deserve a long-awaited award or global recognition for this forum, its ability to engage in deliver a massive variety of reliable, contentious, and socially engaginb information, while also having sides for fun and games. Nairaland is literally the digital gateway to Africa.

Technically speaking, Nairaland isn't bloated with energy consuming processing and is accessible and responsive to a broad genre of users, true techno-diversity.

I could go on, but if Nigeria is able to build and sustain a free digital service like Nairaland, in which many come to for medical advice before consulting an actual medical professional, this speaks volumes about the people's technical propulsion smiley

Sure nairaland is super awesome. I give it to whoever has such or had such an idea. Asides nairaland,what of other places? I mean why them no day use naija software sef. Peeps on here know what am saying
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by AAinEqGuinea: 8:08pm On May 11, 2015
gimakon:

Sure I have, see I have even had in mind once to design something like alibaba.com myself, I been able to do it in asp.net, some other guy I met on here brought the idea up too...
I don't have a single idea where else to send my proposals and since I just registered my company name (tho I haven't gotten the certificate yet) am still striving hard to see if I can raise cash and set up an office, hence I be able to perfect ma plans.
I designed a banking software also with c# and mssql, my problem is who wants to buy, the nation we live in uses software which is not made in Nigeria, and it's bad for us.
It makes us seem lazy like, o yea this fellows who wonna design for us doesn't know what he's doing or he's scam... blah blah, let's patronise India or Switzerland, this is why I decided to ask this question on here. I program in several languages, c#, php, c++, Java...yet I don't have a job,ehen u try to start something on your own, it seems a mess. it's bad. Very bad...

I offered my suggestions on your bank software here

Persistence pays off. Don't let their inferior complex get to you.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 11, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Are you saying, are you saying I send them something like a fax and be like showing them the banking software I designed in screenshots? That what you mean? I haven't done that tho. Was one of the primary things I did when I taught myself c# earlier on last year..

Kindly advise
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 11, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Last question suppose you were someone like me, do you also think writing proposals for offshore contracts to nations like Peru, Costa Rica, Azerbaijan could be a good idea?
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by AAinEqGuinea: 8:22pm On May 11, 2015
gimakon:

Are you saying, are you saying I send them something like a fax and be like showing them the banking software I designed in screenshots? That what you mean? I haven't done that tho. Was one of the primary things I did when I taught myself c# earlier on last year..
Kindly advise
gimakon:

Last question suppose you were someone like me, do you also think writing proposals for offshore contracts to nations like Peru, Costa Rica, Azerbaijan could be a good idea?

Lets go over to your thread where this idea came up.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by aydj(m): 5:55am On May 15, 2015
gimakon:

I certainly can feel your grieve! I am an IT Business Analyst working in the software development industry outside of Nigeria. As a Nigerian, i wish i could return home with my wealth of experience in modeling business processes and gathering Software requirements, but hey, Software Development industry in Nigeria to me still does not exist. Companies would rather outsource outside of Nigeria rather than patronizing the good smart guys around here.
I currently have a Business Idea that i'm planning to execute in Nigeria and I have been thinking for days on how to overcome the programming part of my solution (since i know nada about programming). I am a frequent Nairalander but i've never visited the Programming Section. So in search of a programmer that might be able to help in delivering my solution, I have found guys that have done sample stuffs of what am looking for. Truth be told, the solution quality that have seen around on Nairaland may not be as good as what have seen outside Nigeria, I still believe there are smart programmers whose potentials need to be harnessed in this country. This is part of why we are still where we are today in terms of technological advancement!
My advice to some of you guys that believe in your work, do not limit yourself to the walls of this country. Please showcase your work to the international community, you never can tell what you will find. Here is a website where you can register as a Freelance Programmer https://www.elance.com/. I believe it should be free t register. People like me who need programmers for small or medium projects go there to hire and pay them on hourly basis. I believe there are many other freelancer sites like this.
Goodluck guys!
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 6:35am On May 15, 2015
aydj:

I certainly can feel your grieve! I am an IT Business Analyst working in the software development industry outside of Nigeria. As a Nigerian, i wish i could return home with my wealth of experience in modeling business processes and gathering Software requirements, but hey, Software Development industry in Nigeria to me still does not exist. Companies would rather outsource outside of Nigeria rather than patronizing the good smart guys around here.
I currently have a Business Idea that i'm planning to execute in Nigeria and I have been thinking for days on how to overcome the programming part of my solution (since i know nada about programming). I am a frequent Nairalander but i've never visited the Programming Section. So in search of a programmer that might be able to help in delivering my solution, I have found guys that have done sample stuffs of what am looking for. Truth be told, the solution quality that have seen around on Nairaland may not be as good as what have seen outside Nigeria, I still believe there are smart programmers whose potentials need to be harnessed in this country. This is part of why we are still where we are today in terms of technological advancement!
My advice to some of you guys that believe in your work, do not limit yourself to the walls of this country. Please showcase your work to the international community, you never can tell what you will find. Here is a website where you can register as a Freelance Programmer https://www.elance.com/. I believe it should be free t register. People like me who need programmers for small or medium projects go there to hire and pay them on hourly basis. I believe there are many other freelancer sites like this.
Goodluck guys!

I'm glad you see the same thing and the same feeling I feel. Way to go. Moving ma market international first, later on, I bring it back home, that's what
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by digitite: 8:30pm On May 15, 2015
The industry changes. Aspiring Software developers/ Engineers need to change with it.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 15, 2015
digitite:
The industry changes. Aspiring Software developers/ Engineers need to change with it.

In what way abeg? Which software only reigns in naija, website and co. Sometimes sef the website whatever them day call people from Yankee make them do am,you come day rant this one, open your eye,or you not in Nigeria
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by digitite: 5:58am On May 16, 2015
gimakon:

In what way abeg? Which software only reigns in naija, website and co. Sometimes sef the website whatever them day call people from Yankee make them do am,you come day rant this one, open your eye,or you not in Nigeria

I no understand you bro, make you yan better.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by hbkrajan(m): 2:33am On May 18, 2015
hey ! you are an die hard fan of iron man? if Yes then shop an exciting sunglasses of iron man and other celebrities in Initium eyewear.
for more:[url][/url]http://initiumeyewear.com/
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by aydj(m): 5:33am On May 20, 2015
digitite:

gimakon:

@digitite is actually right....one of the challenges with technological development in Nigeria is that we are not in sync with the rate at which the rest of the world is evolving technologically. Technology is a rapid changing industry and it's heavily driven by software development. That is why most Nigerian businesses are yet to optimize technology in improving their processes.
In the Travel Section, someone was complaining that he called a Travel Agency to get a quote for flight and afterwards, went ahead to make a bank deposit. According to him, the Travel Agency did not call him back to acknowledge that payment was received, and also, the quoted price had changed within mins or hr. I really find it hard to understand why a Travel Agency will not have an online booking platform where customers can make bookings instantly, or why an intending traveler will prefer to make bookings in a crude way as such. That's a great business opportunity right there for Developers/web designers....Just my humble opinion.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by digitite: 8:42am On May 20, 2015
aydj:

@digitite is actually right....one of the challenges with technological development in Nigeria is that we are not in sync with the rate at which the rest of the world is evolving technologically. Technology is a rapid changing industry and it's heavily driven by software development. That is why most Nigerian businesses are yet to optimize technology in improving their processes.
In the Travel Section, someone was complaining that he called a Travel Agency to get a quote for flight and afterwards, went ahead to make a bank deposit. According to him, the Travel Agency did not call him back to acknowledge that payment was received, and also, the quoted price had changed within mins or hr. I really find it hard to understand why a Travel Agency will not have an online booking platform where customers can make bookings instantly, or why an intending traveler will prefer to make bookings in a crude way as such. That's a great business opportunity right there for Developers/web designers....Just my humble opinion.

You understand what I am talking about...Man drop you face-book contact so we can keep in touch.With time, we will take the Nigeria Software Industry by storm...
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 8:57am On May 20, 2015
aydj:

Now u see what I mean, oya call that so called travel agent now, give am proposal tell am make u design something like that for am, he go think say na scam. I called a hospital once, and be like I wanted to design hospital management system for them, they asked me to send them screenshot, I did, and ever since then, they stopped calling, when u even call them, they would be like call us next week, when you do,they tell u very infuriating and smelling things that would make u regret studying computer science as a course.
I'm speaking from experience, that's why I have gone to register ma business name, so also getting an office and seeking customers some place else, thus pushing ma market to places far away from Nigeria, maybe in a way when they need solutions and they seek hands abroad then they could recommend us,since na Wetin them want. Nigeria doesn't need made in Nigeria software, if you nor Indian or American, you don't design software, to then na yahoo yahoo u day do.

Thus,this thread... came on this section of the forum.
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 9:01am On May 20, 2015
digitite:

You understand what I am talking about...Man drop you face-book contact so we can keep in touch.With time, we will take the Nigeria Software Industry by storm...

Hustler!
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by digitite: 9:51am On May 20, 2015
gimakon:

Now u see what I mean, oya call that so called travel agent now, give am proposal tell am make u design something like that for am, he go think say na scam. I called a hospital once, and be like I wanted to design hospital management system for them, they asked me to send them screenshot, I did, and ever since then, they stopped calling, when u even call them, they would be like call us next week, when you do,they tell u very infuriating and smelling things that would make u regret studying computer science as a course.
I'm speaking from experience, that's why I have gone to register ma business name, so also getting an office and seeking customers some place else, thus pushing ma market to places far away from Nigeria, maybe in a way when they need solutions and they seek hands abroad then they could recommend us,since na Wetin them want. Nigeria doesn't need made in Nigeria software, if you nor Indian or American, you don't design software, to then na yahoo yahoo u day do.

Thus,this thread... came on this section of the forum.

Man, you get the point. That is the challenge. You are on the right track. That is what I am on... It will get better. That is if you Believe ooo...

gimakon:

Hustler!

Which one be hustler again... I dey yan like Fulani cow ?
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 10:07am On May 20, 2015
digitite:

Man, you get the point. That is the challenge. You are on the right track. That is what I am on... It will get better. That is if you Believe ooo...

Which one be hustler again... I dey yan like Fulani cow ?

U have microfinance banks one can sell software to? Let's start from there
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by digitite: 10:16am On May 20, 2015
gimakon:

U have microfinance banks one can sell software to? Let's start from there

I have a good marketer who is an insider in the industry... But you seem to harbor doubt in your heart? How do you go from there ?
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 10:35am On May 20, 2015
digitite:

I have a good marketer who is an insider in the industry... But you seem to harbor doubt in your heart? How do you go from there ?

Mba o, na English I speak o. I just wanted to know cause I...Heheheheheh.. don waka, maybe I don't have good market skills,i musnt be jack of all trades.

That's why I wanted to know how we go.
No offence
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by digitite: 10:07pm On May 21, 2015
gimakon:

Mba o, na English I speak o. I just wanted to know cause I...Heheheheheh.. don waka, maybe I don't have good market skills,i musnt be jack of all trades.

That's why I wanted to know how we go.
No offence

I just collected software's developed by Nigerians to market. When you are ready and believe in your solution. Holla....
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 21, 2015
digitite:

I just collected software's developed by Nigerians to market. When you are ready and believe in your solution. Holla....

Hahahahahah calm down, gimme your number and email and BlackBerry pin
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by digitite: 10:43pm On May 21, 2015
gimakon:

Hahahahahah calm down, gimme your number and email and BlackBerry pin

I specialize on Management software's... If you have any, PM me...
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 21, 2015
digitite:

I specialize on Management software's... If you have any, PM me...

Asset management software and account management and inventory software for banks u mean? Right now I have account management
Re: Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years by Adenugay(m): 10:49am On May 23, 2015
gimakon:

Can you send me your number, for some business of some sort?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Fix Google Adsense Identity Verification Fail Within 30 Minutes ( VIDEO) / How Can I Learn OOP With Java? / How Much To Install A Hotel Management System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.