Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? (4080 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by tartar9(m): 9:07am On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Of course, Horses and Camels have one too.
I meant atheist have no brain lipsrsealed
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 9:10am On May 28, 2015
tartar9:
I meant atheist have no brain lipsrsealed

Oh sure they don't. at least not a common one as yours. . . So i said Horses and Camels have brains too but that didn't make them any less dumber just exactly like wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by NumberOne2(m): 10:16am On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

You know its very obvious you are scared and running away from a little drill.cheesy
I just told you i will become a believer if you have; is that not affecting enough?

Please Tell me na

No, Seeing Jesus is not a requirement to become a believer.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10:9-10

You can start with the scriptures above. Good luck. wink
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 10:28am On May 28, 2015
NumberOne2:

No, Seeing Jesus is not a requirement to become a believer.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10:9-10

You can start with the scriptures above. Good luck. wink

Ooh now you just disappointed me embarassed

This is a very cheeky way to dodge a question... But i was wondering??

How come you stipulated Jesus has Brown or black hair?
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by NumberOne2(m): 10:39am On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Ooh now you just disappointed me embarassed

This is a very cheeky way to dodge a question... But i was wondering??

How come you stipulated Jesus has Brown or black hair?

How come you stipulated God has white hair?
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 10:55am On May 28, 2015
NumberOne2:

How come you stipulated God has white hair?

And this is where it creeps in. here was my quote when i was sarcastically referring to depicting god in the movies just like another fiction; spider man was.smiley
But seriously was hoping your god could say "hi" in the movies too,
kinda imagining if it will have long white beards.. Wouldn't it be great !!!
And somehow this post means i stipulated he has white beards?? Oh don't even add english comprehension to the list please

So do you agree you were only imagining he has brown/black hairs just like the post shows i was imagining too? smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by NumberOne2(m): 11:14am On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

And this is where it creeps in. here was my quote when i was sarcastically referring to depicting god in the movies just like another fiction; spider man was.smiley

Okay okay! From my experience with arguments, when reference is being made to what was SAID or NOT SAID, it has gone past making an INTELLIGENT point to being a WASTE of precious time. Well, time I dont have, for intelligent arguments I can squeeze time for.

So call me up when you have something intelligent to say rather than the hair colour of a God YOU dont believe (but you will believe if I tell you His hair colour) SMH.
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 11:31am On May 28, 2015
NumberOne2:

Okay okay! From my experience with arguments, when reference is being made to what was SAID or NOT SAID, it has gone past making an INTELLIGENT point to being a WASTE of precious time. Well, time I dont have, for intelligent arguments I can squeeze time for.

So call me up when you have something intelligent to say rather than the hair colour of a God YOU dont believe (but you will believe if I tell you His hair colour) SMH.

I think probably running away when drillings start is your second name.
First you resort to straw man, then dodge questions and zoom off.

Since you don't even know how what you claim to know looks like, it certainly is now brightly clear; Assumptive imagination is at play here.

It should be brown or black; You don't even know which it is... Lmao.. Nairaland won't kill me with daft assertions.

It's so funny how you were very bold to ask if i would believe if you have seen, when you get a positive answer, your bold liver got cut.

I think when you find out simply what honesty means first, we can then talk about seeing an intelligent post from you.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by NumberOne2(m): 1:42pm On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

I think probably running away when drillings start is your second name.
First you resort to straw man, then dodge questions and zoom off.

Since you don't even know how what you claim to know looks like, it certainly is now brightly clear; Assumptive imagination is at play here.

It should be brown or black; You don't even know which it is... Lmao.. Nairaland won't kill me with daft assertions.

It's so funny how you were very bold to ask if i would believe if you have seen, when you get a positive answer, your bold liver got cut.

I think when you find out simply what honesty means first, we can then talk about seeing an intelligent post from you.

Oh, I am touched. Almost in tears. cry An honest Atheist?
You talk of honesty yet your lies are epic. "You will believe if I tell you"? Oh please, even a 5 year old knows you were lying.
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 1:50pm On May 28, 2015
NumberOne2:

Oh, I am touched. Almost in tears. cry An honest Atheist?
You talk of honesty yet your lies are epic. "You will believe if I tell you"? Oh please, even a 5 year old knows you were lying.

Lol... why not tell me first smiley

Are you afraid you can't substantiate your claim as usual?... lol.. its understandable boy smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by tartar9(m): 4:21pm On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Oh sure they don't. at least not a common one as yours. . . So i said Horses and Camels have brains too but that didn't make them any less dumber just exactly like wink
meaning the horses and camels are better than atheists grin
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by johnydon22(m): 4:27pm On May 28, 2015
tartar9:
meaning the horses and camels are better than atheists grin

Well i think it means they are just like you. . . And nairaland is proof enough you in particular lacks what it takes to match any atheist here, so it just means your brain is just as simple as the camel's or horse' smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by italo: 12:31am On May 29, 2015
BraveGuy:

You have been misinformed again or your conclusion is just as wrong.

Here is the truth:
The Word became flesh - John 1:1
That flesh was given by Jesus to the Jews (and to anyone who would believe) - John 6:51 & 54

[size=14pt]The flesh = the Bread = the Word. In essence, He was asking people to accept the Word of God, not to become cannibals. [/size]

The Word contains contains Life - the Life of God.

Jesus says in John 6:63, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

[size=14pt]The Blood contains life, but this is the very essence of God - His Spirit.[/size]
Leviticus 17:11

Just as physical blood carries life (mostly oxygen), the same with the Blood of the Lamb, it carries the Life of God.

The Blood is represented by the Wine, non-alcoholic, as Jesus' Blood never had any form of impurity. So, the wine should not be alcoholic.

Ephesians 5:18 says, "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;"

When people saw those who were filled with the Spirit of God, they taught they had been drinking wine, not because they lost control of their senses, but because they spoke in tongues.

So, you were right at the initial time that it was a representation/symbol of the flesh and blood, but because there was no proper explanation or understanding, flasehood slipped in and you were misled. I was like that too, but now I understand better. Hosea 4:6 - Ignorance is terrible. Thank God, I am not ignorant anymore!

Matt 26

26 While they were eating, Jesus took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; 28 for this is my blood of the[d] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins

All the epistles in the world cannot twist that!

2 Likes

Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by NumberOne2(m): 2:11am On May 29, 2015
italo:

Matt 26

26 While they were eating, Jesus took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; 28 for this is my blood of the[d] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins

All the epistles in the world cannot twist that!

Oh my religious people!...As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be World without end, Right?
So, why did Jesus not take a knife and cut his body and pour his blood for them. Apostle Peter had a sharp sword with him.
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by Crispels(m): 5:59am On May 29, 2015
onetrack:
32/32. Painfully easy, but I am an atheist who studied history at university. A couple of questions require special knowledge of the US, but the quiz was designed for Americans, so it's understandable.

History from which university bro??
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by italo: 5:11pm On May 29, 2015
NumberOne2:

Oh my religious people!...As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be World without end, Right?
So, why did Jesus not take a knife and cut his body and pour his blood for them. Apostle Peter had a sharp sword with him.

He didn't want to. He wanted to make the bread his body by proclaiming it so...and he did it that way.

"This is my body!"

Nothing you say can twist that.
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by ihedinobi2: 12:30am On May 30, 2015
I scored 100%. I thought the questions would have been tougher. I only had to make a wild guess with one because I didn't remember who was in The First Great Awakening. But I knew all three ministers and Jonathan Edward was, I think, the oldest old-timer there. He was the most likely and someone here left a clue anyway.

I am not American, never been there. I am so Christian some people find it nauseating.
Re: Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
italo:

He didn't want to. He wanted to make the bread his body by proclaiming it so...and he did it that way.

"This is my body!"

Nothing you say can twist that.

interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Winning Atheists: The Place Of Personal Character / Pastor WF Kumuyi Build Bridge And Public Car Park / Secrets Of The Secret Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.