Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (58748 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Seun(m): 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2016
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, "but aren't you atheist?" He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

[url=https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171?comment_id=10103363945378291&reply_comment_id=1852873111664385&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D]https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171[/url]

This is unfortunate. If not for the explicit "no", I would have said that he was dodging the question, but he said it. He threw atheism under the bus. He has made it very clear to everybody that he doesn't identify as an atheist and doesn't want to be considered as an atheist. Bless him. This doesn't mean he's not an atheist, of course; an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God.

I don't believe for one second that Mark believes in the existence of the Jewish God. The one who forbade Jews from eating pork instead of teaching them how to cook it properly. Who created foreskins to protect the sensitive tips of male organs, but then ordered the Jews to cut them off their newborn babies. Who permitted Jews to enslave foreigners and treat them as property, even though he created all people. Who made women menstruate but then declared that a menstruating woman is unclean, and anyone who touches her - even her husband - is also unclean. Who banished children of single parents and their descendants from entering his temple for 400 years (the 10th generation).

I don't believe that Mark believes in that God. And since he hasn't talked about any other God, I continue to believe that he is an atheist. He may choose to call himself an agnostic, a cultural Jew, or whatever helps Facebook and his family, but that doesn't mean he's not an atheist.

57 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by saxwizard(m): 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2016
I have nothing to say i just want to observe

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Chipappii(m): 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, "but aren't you atheist?"

He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171?comment_id=10103363945378291&reply_comment_id=1852873111664385&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

This is unfortunate. If not for the explicit "no", I would have said that he was dodging the question, but he said it. He threw atheism under the bus. He has made it very clear to everybody that he doesn't identify as an atheist and doesn't want to be considered as an atheist. **** him. This doesn't mean he's not an atheist, of course; an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God.

I don't believe for one second that Mark believes in the existence of Jewish God. The one who forbade the Jews from eating pork instead of teaching them how to cook it properly. Who created foreskins to protect the sensitive tips of the male organs, but then ordered the Jews to cut them off their newborn babies. Who permitted Jews to enslave foreigners and treat them as property, even though he created all people. Who made women menstruate but then declared that a menstruating woman is unclean, and anyone who touches her - even her husband - is also unclean. Who banished children of single parents and their descendants from entering his temple for 400 years (the 10th generation). Who commanded Jews to commit genocide many many times. Whose favorite person in the whole world (David) was a serial mass murderer.

I don't believe that Mark believes in that God. And since he hasn't talked about any other God, I continue to believe that he is an atheist. He may choose to call himself an agnostic, a cultural Jew, or whatever helps Facebook and his wife, but I know what he is, and now, so do you!

So u r not circumcised? shocked grin

167 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4kings: 2:52pm On Dec 26, 2016
The Oracle has spoken. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2016
what still surprises me is how excited Christians were when they saw the news

so excited that you'll be forgiven for thinking Mark just called Jesus his lord and Personal saviour

51 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
Think I'm still at the agnostic stage too

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by pweetyoge(f): 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
From ur response to the fact that he confirmed he is not an atheist, i can tell u are a bit disappointed in Mark. I have been following ur comments about religion so far n i know u are just at that point where u question everything just like mark did n soon or anytime in the future u had respond just like mark just did. I will be waiting to hear about it someday.Shalom

272 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by ireneony(f): 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chipappii:

So u r not circumcised? shocked grin
i was about to quote him...or is he trying to tell us he will not circumcised his male child

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 3:03pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hehehehrhe

After all the mentions ......
This thread will help buffer the effect..

I feel u, Seun...

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by ireneony(f): 3:03pm On Dec 26, 2016
I hope one Day seun will finally realised that there is God. I think he is going through same phase like Mark zuckerberg.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by DeSepiero(m): 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
What if Mark lied?

9 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4kings: 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
ireneony:
I hope one Day seun will finally realised that there is God. I think he is going through same phase like Mark zuckerberg.
What phase are you guys always talking about.
Mark started questioning religion at the age of 13.

Do you know how old Seun is.
Or do you have an experience of this "phase", I would like to know.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by factorial1(m): 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
I knew it.
I knew Seun will eventually comment on Mark's opinion.

9 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
DeSepiero:
What if Mark lied?
that's one funny fact peeps fail to understand... anybody can lie to protect his or her interest best known to him or her.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by sinaj(f): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
pweetyoge:
From ur response to the fact that he confirmed he is not an atheist[b], i can tell u are a bit disappointed in Mark. [/b]I have been following ur comments about religion so far n i know u are just at that point where u question everything just like mark did n soon or anytime in the future u had respond just like mark just did. I will be waiting to hear about it someday.Shalom
Exactly my thought.

Mark has confirmed that he is no atheist, I wonder why seun sounds so pained.

Smh!

142 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by DeSepiero(m): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
ireneony:
Realize? Reality is based on verifiable facts not unfounded beliefs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Richie0974: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mark would do anything to keep the facebook family from getting frenzied, that I think is the reason for his answer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by FisifunKododada: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
cool
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Rilwayne001: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
This seun sef. Mark Zuckerberg refusing to join your delusion of atheism is really paining your ass, because i see no reason trying to rationalize is response to mean that he is not really a theist.

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by jmoore(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
Painment of an atheist. tongue

Cry me river ogun.

Mark gave a concrete"No" and you still doubt him

Even if God comes down physically, you will still not believe.

Hearts made of stones powered by illiteracy. Most Nigerian atheists are illiterates. So I am not surprised why a simple sentence is difficult to interprete.

Wright brothers were Christians. They delivered airplane to you. There are many scientists that are Christians so you should stop making it look as if all scientists are atheists. Such assumption exposes your ignorance.

Here is a quote from Galileo who was a Christian
"The prohibition of science would be contrary to the Bible, which in hundreds of places teaches us how the greatness and the glory of God shine forth marvelously in all His works, and is to be read above all in the open book of the heavens. And let no one believe that the reading of the most exalted thoughts which are inscribed upon these pages is to be accomplished through merely staring up at the radiance of the stars. There are such profound secrets and such lofty conceptions that the night labors and the researches of hundreds and yet hundreds of the keenest minds, in investigations extending over thousands of years would not penetrate them, and the delight of the searching and finding endures forever."

141 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by lielbree: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
angry5
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Dezzx(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
wink it seems atheism is gradually been eroded out of existence, so even Mark Zuckerberg has finally denounced being atheist, then I believe very soon seun will find his way back to God.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by FranksOha(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
Must he be an atheist? grin

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
DeSepiero:
What if Mark lied?

Lol

U wish

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by iamariwa(m): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
make i take my afternoon nap here
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Mujaheeeden: 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun na wetin

14 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Mujaheeeden: 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mark said he is no atheist and some people are telling us that he is wrong because he didn't explain it very well.

Seun, my mum said she is not on Nairaland so do you have to bring in any logic through tha back door to make him one because she views naij.com page?

Seun, kindly let Mark be and respect his wish just like We respected yours.

Thank you

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by xender(m): 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by AntiWailer: 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lol

Very childish from Seun.

You want to force him to be who he said he is not ?

Plenty dumb questions in the last set of paragraphs.

At every point in everybody's life, we pause and ask questions and later move on.

That does not qualify u to be an Atheist.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Jaytecq(m): 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
believe in God or not, God is God

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Lah84(m): 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
pweetyoge:
From ur response to the fact that he confirmed he is not an atheist, i can tell u are a bit disappointed in Mark. I have been following ur comments about religion so far n i know u are just at that point where u question everything just like mark did n soon or anytime in the future u had respond just like mark just did. I will be waiting to hear about it someday.Shalom
Word

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Prophetic Picture Of The 2016 By D.K OLUKOYA / "Pastor Poured Liquid In My Private Part"; Woman Injured After Deliverance. PICS / Church Aborts Couple’s Wedding Over Groom’s Refusal To Remove Designer Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.