Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? (1105 Views)

Very Sensitive Situation. What Will You Do? / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? / In This Situation, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 11, 2015
This is actually my first time posting something like this on any forum. I am usually just an observer however I have kind of reached a cross road and urgently need some advise from experienced people out there. Please bear with me cause this might be quiet a read just so you understand the picture being painted.

I am currently in the UK doing my masters program and all has been well so far aside a little challenge. I stay in a two bedroom apartment with a flatmate and his wife. They are actually very nice people. On this particular sunday when myself and my flatmates wife came back from church (husband doesnt go for combination of some reasons) an argument ensued between the couple and I thought it was a normal thing even the teeth and the tongue do fight at times. When the argument began I decided to enter my room to sleep.
As I was sleeping I was awakened by the shout of the couple shouting and fighting themselves. I decided I was not going to interfere. The wife was accusing the husband of having an affair and he was picking the woman's call in their house when she was around and when she asked him who it was he did not reply her. After he finished beating her he left the house I felt very sad too and decided to go out. On my way out I met the husband and he told me that he was talking to the lady which he brought home some days back. He brought the lady home so they could seach for appartment together on the internet and I can confirm that nothing else went on between them as I was there all through. When he told me this I decided that I was going to make her know that her husband was not cheating on her. I consider her a friend and wanted to easy her suspisions. I got back to the house and then told her that yes her husband was helping a lady search for a house and nothing was going on between the two of them. I said this not knowing that he had not told his wife that he brought a lady home. That was my mistake But it was because I saw him as a responsible man who really loved his wife.Also I told her that unknown to me that there was already an issue pertaining another woman on ground before. On telling her this she opened up and told me a lot but the main thing was that she was not happy in the marriage. I tried comforting her and kept telling her divorce was not an option. She then got a call from her sister, husband had gone to tell her sister his own side of the story. I would want to say here that one of the major reasons why I decided against not interfering was because when I met him he said he regreted his actions.
I guess when the wife got to her sisters place she confronted him that I said he brought a lady home. Eventually they got home that day and were able to settle. I thought I was trying to help settle things between them but it was my greatest undoing
Time had gone by since then and very much everything has returned to normal until this night. This night when his wife came back from work she found out that he did not eat. She kept on pestering him asking him what he ate he said he did not eat anything but his wife did not believe him and started calling him a liar accusing him of going to eat in another woman's house.
Now this is where am really driving at. Am someone who really believes that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. Now that in mind I was in the kitchen when this argument was going on and the husband told the wife to ask me if he went out since I was her friend and it was only me she believed. This statement got me thinking about a lot of things.
Right now I am considering parking out of the house because I feel the husband has something against me and he is not showing it. I really need advise please people what do I do. Until today I don't know if the man is cheating on her or not and I dont care as I have promised myself not to say anything no matter what I know or see again.
Pls dont mind the typograghical errors and also my punctuation I am not in the best of moods right now.
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by kelvine(m): 12:05am On May 12, 2015
Forget about your mistake, let them handle their problem. Here in Nigeria we say Uche face your work, meaning face your studies.
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by Lordave: 12:06am On May 12, 2015
Get out of that house before weekend if you can shelter and care for yourself comfortably

I believe you love your life
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by Bisjosh(f): 12:08am On May 12, 2015
Leave that house!

Be wise.
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:08am On May 12, 2015
kelvine:
Forget about your mistake, let them handle their problem. Here in Nigeria we say Uche face your work, meaning face your studies.
Gbam!
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by adebayour26: 12:19am On May 12, 2015
Lordave:
Get out of that house before weekend if you can shelter and care for yourself comfortably

I believe you love your life

I recommend this opinion
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by elantraceey(f): 1:38am On May 12, 2015
The woman is looking for ways to leave that marriage but she doesn't want the blame to be hers so she's picking on everything she can get because she's not happy with the marriage and i tell you except a miracle happens she's going to leave when she gets a better choice so i'll advice you to go with what most people have said here and leave the house if you can afford to.
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by donbenedict(m): 3:53am On May 12, 2015
Marriage sef... This shii is scaring me out

1 Like

Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by Jorussia(m): 4:14am On May 12, 2015
move out of the house,if you can afford to do so. The husband may eventually start accusing you of having an affair with his wife.
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:58am On May 12, 2015
When a western/westernised woman is bored in a marriage, all these silly arguments become routine and divorce is inevitable. Instead of her to woman up and tell her husband what the deal is, she's busy making his life hell for no other reason but cowardice.

And you, OP, I think it's in order for you to apologise to the man for unwittingly spilling that piece of info about him bringing the woman to the apartment. To the best of my comprehension, that seems to be his only grouse against you, if at all there's any.

Meanwhile, you may need to warn him about getting physical with this woman he could injure her or he could end up in jail. I'd tell him what his wife said about being tired of the marriage if I were you, and then move out. It would be a shame to see this man's life fvcked up for no reason than choosing a witch to marry.
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by Enoquin(f): 11:07am On May 12, 2015
The man is angry because you betrayed his confidence. Yes, he was looking for apartments with a lady BUT he didn't let his wife know for reasons known to him. In trying to settle the matter, you should have assured the woman without bringing forth examples.

I know the deed has been done but there are lessons you should learn from that experience. Let couples settle their matter
If you want to help, always play neutral

I think you should apologise to the man and explain how you blundered while trying to help. Put all the blame on yourself and if you still want to leave after that, you can but clear the air first
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by chuckdee4(m): 1:23pm On May 12, 2015
OP the mistake you made was to offer any help in the first place, I did something similar between my younger brother and his gf and till now none of them speak to me.
Find another place because this place will no longer be comfortable for you to study
Re: Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? by winetapper: 1:28pm On May 12, 2015
i would not have advice you move out of the house but one it is not your country and its a country where cases are taken up to the core.. So just give them chance but show little intrest cos from the way i see things its gonna be hell.. The wife just doesnt like the husband any more

(1) (Reply)

Dead person,Please Help Contact His Family / Why Hands Are Best Marriage Counsellors / If Your Spouse Slapped You In The Public For Whatever Reason,what Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.