Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,875 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Urgent Help Needed. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Urgent Help Needed. (853 Views)

I Need Urgent Help On Freebitco. In / Ultimate Cyler Urgent Help / Urgent!! Help Me Out With Loan Of 1000naira And Get 5% Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed. by mekonglobal(m): 11:55am On May 12, 2015
Pls nlders lend me a helping hand in this: I hv a younger cousin whom his father is late, according 2 him, he found among his father's documents a file dat contains share some certificates.
He brought it 2 me wanting 2 know whts its all about. Well i did my best in tryn 2 explain 2 him wht a share is and hw is been obtain en tal, but now d issue is dat he asked me if, it possible 2 claim d dividends of those shares.
Here are sometins dat will help u make ur deductions.
My findings after examining d documents are as follows:
1. They are ordinary shares 2. the original certificate & fotocopies are still intact. 3. the date i saw ranges from 1978-1988 4. Dividends paid before were usual tru d dad's acct which hv been close afta d dad's death.
My gud people of nairaland what do i tell dis broda in need.
p.s. matured minds pls, those with jokes can hit d jokes section!!!
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by bigtt76(f): 12:29pm On May 12, 2015
You need the letter of administration bequeathing the shares to your brother or yourself, bank account in your name or your brother's, letter of confirmation from the bank, then you contact the registrar managing the shares of the company you have the share details for more instructions. All the best.

mekonglobal:

Pls nlders lend me a helping hand in this: I hv a younger cousin whom his father is late, according 2 him, he found among his father's documents a file dat contains share some certificates.
He brought it 2 me wanting 2 know whts its all about. Well i did my best in tryn 2 explain 2 him wht a share is and hw is been obtain en tal, but now d issue is dat he asked me if, it possible 2 claim d dividends of those shares.
Here are sometins dat will help u make ur deductions.
My findings after examining d documents are as follows:
1. They are ordinary shares 2. the original certificate & fotocopies are still intact. 3. the date i saw ranges from 1978-1988 4. Dividends paid before were usual tru d dad's acct which hv been close afta d dad's death.
My gud people of nairaland what do i tell dis broda in need.
p.s. matured minds pls, those with jokes can hit d jokes section!!!
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by mekonglobal(m): 11:48pm On May 12, 2015
[quote author=bigtt76 post=33659943]You need the letter of administration bequeathing the shares to your brother or yourself, bank account in your name or your brother's, letter of confirmation from the bank, then you contact the registrar managing the shares of the company you have the share details for more instructions. All the best.

Beqeath? hw? Wt out d companys' consent.. Pls i would like u 2 throw more light on these, tanks 4 ur time anyways.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by mekonglobal(m): 11:52pm On May 12, 2015
Pls my people dont jus view & walkaway if u hv anytin dat can be of help, pls do contribute is needed. Thanks in advance.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by i1: 2:29am On May 13, 2015
What you require is a letter of administration over the shares and the bank account. It can be obtained from the nearest high court.
After that you will need to approach the registrars of the company for the list of shares owned and for the registrars to transmit the shares from your dad's name to the Estate.
PS. This process will take months.
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by bigtt76(f): 9:02am On May 13, 2015
First an foremost, did his father die with a Will or Intestate (No Will)? If there's a Will then the shares and other property would have been listed and assigned to the man's children or any other designated person.

The Will also would have an executor who will ensure that the assigned properties get to the listed persons. In the case where there's no written Will, then a letter of Administration for the late father's estate would be required. It is this letter that will now assign the right of ownership to your friend. This letter is issued by the courts.

With this in hand and other documents stated earlier, your friend would approach the Registrar handling the company's shares to the public. The registrar has all the authorization from the company to manage this so your friend do not need to get the consent of the company before a change of ownership can be effected and past dividends paid out.

[quote author=mekonglobal post=33681716][/quote]
Re: Urgent Help Needed. by mekonglobal(m): 4:11pm On May 13, 2015
bigtt76:
First an foremost, did his father die with a Will or Intestate (No Will)? If there's a Will then the shares and other property would have been listed and assigned to the man's children or any other designated person.

The Will also would have an executor who will ensure that the assigned properties get to the listed persons. In the case where there's no written Will, then a letter of Administration for the late father's estate would be required. It is this letter that will now assign the right of ownership to your friend. This letter is issued by the courts.

With this in hand and other documents stated earlier, your friend would approach the Registrar handling the company's shares to the public. The registrar has all the authorization from the company to manage this so your friend do not need to get the consent of the company before a change of ownership can be effected and past dividends paid out.

Thank u very much sis, this will go a long way 2 help. GODBLESS U!

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Business Plan On A Small Scale Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory / How To Become Poor; Everybody Must Read / Project Finance/bg,sblc Specifically For Lease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.