Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

I Received This Scam Mail And Nearly Fall Victim. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Received This Scam Mail And Nearly Fall Victim. (894 Views)

Motorcyclists Robbers In Imo Nearly Burnt To Death (Photos) / See Photos Of A Thief Caught At Ikeja This Morning And Nearly Beaten To Death / New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Received This Scam Mail And Nearly Fall Victim. by Cuzz: 2:46pm On May 12, 2015
I use access bank for transaction bt only through mobile banking, I don't transact through internet platform of using laptop and token etc. I received the below mail this morning and was shivering that I hv entered into this scammers net,my fear was that they hv already changed my password already.
They sent a link on hw I should change my password on the pic below,mehn I stopped all I was doing and about to log into the site andproceed wt the password change. I then remembered that I only use mobile banking which requires only pin and not password,that was when I stopped and check the mail again.
I discovered a lot of flaws bt the prominent one is that I saw a dot after (Access bank PLC) on the mail bt the original access bank mail doesn't hv a dot after PLC
On pic three ,The first mail is d scam mail, d second and third are d original bt just take a look at the third mail and compare wt d first.
I decided to share this so that everyone should be vigilant. We all know that the pressure to change ur account password fast to avoid siphoning ur money may tempt u to proceed wt d change wtout u scrutinizing d mail.

1 Like

Re: I Received This Scam Mail And Nearly Fall Victim. by shakazuldadon: 2:59pm On May 12, 2015
Boys aren't smiling
Re: I Received This Scam Mail And Nearly Fall Victim. by sammoe(m): 3:12pm On May 12, 2015
They be like: the hustle is real.

This is not just for Access bank users. I know many banks regularly warn their customers.

We just need to be more vigilant.
Re: I Received This Scam Mail And Nearly Fall Victim. by Digriz(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2015
Those guys must be programmers and lot of people will be falling into their traps.
My advice is never use the same account wt internet banking and bulk savings.Just leave a small amount depending on ur usage for ur online banking account.

(1) (Reply)

OAU Students And Crave For Money / International Paper Reveals The Main Reason Why Buhari Travelled to US / Breaking News: Three Sisters Die In Isolo, Lagos Fire Inferno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.