Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

EFCC Ban On Night Browsing In Cyber-cafes - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / EFCC Ban On Night Browsing In Cyber-cafes (8387 Views)

Poll: Is the night browsing ban good or bad?

Good: 32% (21 votes)
Bad: 67% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Glo Free Browsing In Ghana. / Cyber Cafes With thin Client Technology In Operation. / The Best Free Browsing In Town, Blackberry, 2go, Mig33 Anything Browse: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Ban On Night Browsing In Cyber-cafes by cyprianjr(m): 9:32am On Sep 26, 2006
Lucifer did i just read you call yahoo-yahoo small time 419? Dude have a re-think, that which you are reffering to as "small" has made lots rich overnight and i ain't talking about 4 m naira rich here---remember not to make your remarks only on the guys around you.

Overnight browsing can only do little but i guess we all know the drill about projects here in Niger ---------- did i hear someone say that ban go soon face out?

Re: EFCC Ban On Night Browsing In Cyber-cafes by otanaworld: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2006
Ban on Night Browsing? ill informed, myopic and dubious act.

1. Internet has a global scope, night in Nigeria is day in other parts of the globe

2. Home browsing has also unlimited access plan

3. Ban on cafe without corresponding half slice of unlimited access tarriff charged by ISPs is parochial.

4. Excuse to increase browsing time charged from N100 to N200 with no bulk time, one day use apart from not holding anything for consummer protection has increase the cost of service delivery for those using v-sat to run cafes - a good market for dial-up connections that charges very low tarriff as low as N21,000 per annum.

5. Compulsory Registration with Local, National Chapters, EFCC and NCC has not taken into consideration the different sizes of cafes, there are cafes of 100 computers and more, 50,30,15,10 or even less.

5. To me is like some pple are using the EFCC to force some pple out of Cafe business so they can start running mega cafes like is happening for Filling Stations - maybe they are eying these online registration stuffs , but don't quote me- OK?
Re: EFCC Ban On Night Browsing In Cyber-cafes by alabiyemmy(m): 2:57am On Dec 29, 2006
Nigerians are one amazing lot - nothing you do is good in their sight - when the whole world carried the news that internet scamming is on the rise in Nigeria, many rose up to say the government is not doing anything - now the government is taking at least a semblance of an action to curb that trend, but alas, what will my country men say, they say government no do good o. Tell me something sweet - what is it you are researching that you can't research all thruough the day? Most boys who go doing night browsing don't go there doing research, they go scamming knowing fully well that most people in America - who they target often - are up and on the internet at about that time - all they do is use email exractors and credit card number readers to do their dubious act. What can anyone suggest to the government to do to curtail all these yahoo-yahoo activities of these boys - noone wil suggest anything but rather blame government in at least taking these step.

Most school aged boys now want to get rich by scamming on ebay - scamming on even dating sites, posing as women to men in other to dupe money out of them, where goes the leaders of tommorrow? All we do is blame government for poverty, is Nigeria the only African country with poverty? The other day I went to Johannesburg, and I needed to use a cafe, almost everyone I asked told me I will find my country men operated cafes around, and when I eventually found one, come and see the number of Nigerians there, phoning and talking on top of their voices, posing as Ministers and Central bank governor, we wont see these but we are all quick to blame and put down the government on anything.

I have spent three days in a cyber cafe night browsing before and all these boys do is chat and find targets and victims online - they don't do no research - if anyone is checking emails and doing genuine work - the day time is adequate and enough - at least in Nigeria - before things atke shape.

www.dailytech.com">http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/05/29/8378124/?www.dailytech.com

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1215/p07s02-woaf.html

http://grandioseparlor.com/2006/05/nigerian-yahoo-boys-the-scourge-of-a-nation/

http://www.independentngonline.com/news/51/ARTICLE/16523/2006-12-04.html

How can these shame be curbed?

Western Union fraud - Nigerians are there - Visa fraud, Nigerians are there - Credit Card fraud - Nigerians are there - yet all the blame goes on the government and not onthe individual.
Re: EFCC Ban On Night Browsing In Cyber-cafes by Igboguy(m): 10:54am On Dec 31, 2006
I think the good job EFCC is beginning to have a salutary effect on Nigeria's image abroad. The ban is ok but it should be reviewed when EFCC acquires advanced tools and talents for monitoring suspicious activities on the net. America's FBI doesn't restrict Internet access either in public or private places. Instead, it boasts of superior tracking technology for cyber offenders.

There's no need in the long run cutting the head in order to cure headache. The ban should come up for review in time.
Re: EFCC Ban On Night Browsing In Cyber-cafes by ATLANTA96(m): 11:06pm On May 23, 2007
i really think is a good idea 100%
but they should also proved jobs for the graduates bcox a lot of our
gratuates in nigeria have no job, most of this so called 419!!!!!!!!!!!
have gratuated for years and no jobs for them, and for those that
managed to got the job they have someone there and they also
know some one at the top post, men! is not just band band band
what of the so called GOVERMENTS what are day doing?
chop alone, tranfer all goverment money into there secret
ACCOUNT, are they helping the economy of nigeria?
MY PEOPLE 419 STARTED FROM OUR LEADER, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.
IMAGINE THE LAST ELECTION IN NIGERIA, HOW MANY SOUL WHERE
LOST, WE HAVE A LOT OF JOB TO DO TO STOP CORUPTION IN GENERAL
AND NOT JUST, STUDEND DOING 419, EFCC BANDING NIGHT BROWSING,
AS FOR THE EFCC THEY ARE REALLY TRYING, BUT IT DOES NOT END THERE ALONE,
Re: EFCC Ban On Night Browsing In Cyber-cafes by nawa1(m): 12:35pm On May 26, 2007
alabiyemmy:

www.dailytech.com">http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/05/29/8378124/?www.dailytech.com

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1215/p07s02-woaf.html

http://grandioseparlor.com/2006/05/nigerian-yahoo-boys-the-scourge-of-a-nation/

http://www.independentngonline.com/news/51/ARTICLE/16523/2006-12-04.html

How can these shame be curbed?

Western Union fraud - Nigerians are there - Visa fraud, Nigerians are there - Credit Card fraud - Nigerians are there - yet all the blame goes on the government and not onthe individual.

it's really a shame after seeing all these things this so called "yahoo-yahoo boys" can do?

but by stoping all night browsing mean all this crimes can't be committed during the day?

or does it mean that these boys can't buy a laptop and do their thing mobilily?

i think the EFCC should figure out other ways to curb these crimes

, for many reasons baning all night browsing will even improve the activities of scammers
cos now they don't need to do their things in the open, i'm sure u know what i mean.
Re: EFCC Ban On Night Browsing In Cyber-cafes by darediamond(m): 6:03pm On May 16, 2012
If cpmputer based 419 is what EFCC is trying to Curd by this move, then they are Mistaken for yahoo-yahoo can be done on PHONES. All a yahoo guy needs is communication channel. With more sophisticate hand-held devices like Ipad, yahoo just got easier.
EFCC, you need to re-educate yourself. Maybe the day your Database get Hacked remotely by the Power of www.google.com, you will understand how to make good policies in the IT world.
Mumu People!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Convert Airtime To Data On Airtel / New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC / SOLD Lenovo Thinkpad T460s, I7-6600u, 8gb Memory, 512gb SSD Storage SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.