Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone (49667 Views)

My Itel After Formatting Can No Longer Install Apk Or Open Home Page / Tecno H6 blinking screen after formatting (Solved) / How To Recover Whatsapp Deleted Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by EdDave(m): 7:50am On Jun 23, 2016
That would be only if you initially backed up the messages.
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by Louiscutedude(m): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2016
Wow cool.....because any tym I reinstall my whatsapp n I can't see those old msg's I feel uncomfortable wit d charting I really lyk seeing those old msg's but wat abt d email backup do it still function in other phone as in from android to bb or so
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by shegzan(m): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2016
ok
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by toprealman: 8:34am On Jun 23, 2016
veekid:
I know these before
ITK.....lol
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by pode(m): 9:36am On Jun 23, 2016
Noted, thanks
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by tayo200(m): 9:47am On Jun 23, 2016
who no sabi this one b4
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by jude90(m): 10:33am On Jun 23, 2016
nice job
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 23, 2016
pls someone should help,

I tried to open an account on whatsapp then when i click on application it keeps on asking me to adjust the date and time where by they're correct,

i tried to uninstall and reinstall from play stall, yet I've not been successful

thanks
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 23, 2016
charlsecy:
It is a workable option to retain all your WhatsApp conversations after formatting your Android phone. You can also transfer your WhatsApp conversations from one Android phone to another. Formatting is supposed to clear your smartphone of all user-installed applications and inputs, and sets the device to its factory settings. However, you may wish to have your WhatsApp conversations back to your phone after a format. Furthermore, in the event that you want to dispose of your phone, you may also want to retain your WhatsApp conversations, and put them in a new phone.

pls hlp me to open a new acc check my post above
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by bestbenbb: 11:09am On Jun 23, 2016
nice one guy,
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by Xhaka(m): 11:51am On Jun 23, 2016
Won't work on iPhone
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 23, 2016
have known this for long
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
valdetino:
Can this procedure work on IPhone?

Nope..... Simply backup with icloud
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by blezynetym(f): 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
Good to know
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by bamite(m): 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
charlsecy:
It is a workable option to retain all your WhatsApp conversations after formatting your Android phone. You can also transfer your WhatsApp conversations from one Android phone to another. Formatting is supposed to clear your smartphone of all user-installed applications and inputs, and sets the device to its factory settings. However, you may wish to have your WhatsApp conversations back to your phone after a format. Furthermore, in the event that you want to dispose of your phone, you may also want to retain your WhatsApp conversations, and put them in a new phone.

Op can you help me with a link on how to get my google play store to start working? It keeps saying authentication needed when i try to access it, even though i have a google account. Even the gmail app no longer updates my emails.
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by gtswt(f): 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
charlsecy:

Thanks op
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by refiner(f): 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
SporaD8:
I still have all my earlier chat encrypted files on whatsapp database. but the upgraded version won't open encryption from previous version.
Have use all the text reader file but na my current chats they all show.

helo dear...smiley
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by kokobongo: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hi Boss, @charlsecy thanks for the post. do you by any chance know how to retrieve whats-app calls on an iPhone.
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by Saraha1(f): 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
charlsecy:

Thanks for sharing.
I had to quote all for future purpose
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by bamite(m): 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
charlsecy:

Consider this:

Delete the account by going through Settings > Accounts, and try re-adding the accounts.

You can also go to PlayStore under Settings > Applications and use the "Clear Data" button.
Wow i tried it and it's back on, have been giving me alot of head ache. Thanks bro
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by SporaD8: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
refiner:

helo dear...smiley
Hi
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by refiner(f): 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
SporaD8:
Hi

good evening dear...

please I wish to seek for your vote in this ongoing miss nairaland contest...the finals will be coming up on Saturday by 10:00am dear,your vote will sure count!..pls sire!

will be looking forward to seeing you dearsmiley
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by usibengate(m): 10:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hmmmmmn
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by 40manlappy: 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
charlsecy:

Hi OP, I got a new Android device and recovered my Whatsapp chats. However, I noticed that my phone contacts did not sync "namewise" with my Whatsapp contacts i.e. unlike before, my Whatsapp contacts are ONLY displaying phone numbers and not the names of my contacts.

I have rebooted my phone several times, deleted and reinstalled Whatsapp twice on the phone but nothing has changed. When someone chats me up, I need to check our past chats or the profile picture to determine who I am chatting with. This is really frustrating, to say the least.

Has anyone experienced this? How was it resolved? Thank you.

Looping: McBrooklyn martolux EdDave Thoniameek FreeWorld23 Mcowubaba Hisduchess Hisduchess priscaoge VivyGift nongo123 donhils Oahray matrixme
Re: How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone by ltaidays: 8:44am On Aug 13, 2016
For Android users, you can directly recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android phone with the help of Android Data recovery, as for iPhone, you can try using iPhone Data Recovery, which provides three simple ways to recover deleted whatsapp messages from iPhone in a click.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? / 5 Ways You Answer Phone Call In Public That Make You Look Local / Infinix Hot 8 Full Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.