Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Mother Inspired By The Kardashians Is Left With Horrific Swollen Face After Alle - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mother Inspired By The Kardashians Is Left With Horrific Swollen Face After Alle (582 Views)

Man's Lips Swollen After MouthAction With A Lady - Facebook User (Photo) / Lipstick Left Woman With Swollen Lips - Lady Claims (Graphic Photos) / Swollen Testicles: My Right Egg Is 3 Times The Size Of My Left Egg, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mother Inspired By The Kardashians Is Left With Horrific Swollen Face After Alle by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 13, 2015
A mother was left with swollen face and battling for her life after suffering a life-threatening allergic reaction to hair dye. Amy Caddick, 25, was horrified when her face began to swell uncontrollably, after visiting a local salon to get a celebrity inspired dip-dye

The mother-of-two, from Liverpool, wanted to look like star Khloe Kardashian, whose locks are one colour at the top and another at the bottom.

But less than two days after visiting a local salon to having her roots dyed brown and her tips bleached, she was rushed to Royal Liverpool Hospital after her airways closed and almost suffocated her.

Ms Caddick had splashed out £43(N13,390) on the celebrity inspired treatment and spent three days after the allergic reaction in hospital. However, it took several weeks for her massive swollen face to contract back to normal.

The mother of two who leave with her husband and two kids had earlier taking a steroids and painkillers prescribed by a local General Practitioner, but the next day the swelling had increased so much she was unable to open her eyes and her throat was closing shut.

She said: 'I tried to open my eyes when I woke up but the swelling had sealed them shut,' she says.

'My head was massive and the skin was weeping a clear liquid. My hair got knotted up in the pus, but that was the least of my worries.

My skin was so tender and it felt like it was getting worse. The swelling had moved down my face towards my throat.

'I looked like a monster, and the children were too scared to look at me.

'While Eddie watched the girls, my grandparents drove me to hospital. I couldn't even hold my head up.

'I was absolutely terrified, it felt like I was dying.' The swelling was so severe, it was even pressing on her brain.

She added: 'They said my airwaves could have closed completely, which would have stopped me from breathing and eventually suffocated me.'I was in shock. Never in a million years did I think that treating myself to a new hairdo would turn out this way.'

Ms Caddick, whose hair is now thinner and patchier than ever before, has contacted a solicitor in the hope of claiming compensation, because she says the hairdresser did not do an allergy test.

See more photos
http://www.alertnaija.com/2015/05/mother-inspired-by-kardashians-is-left.html

1 Share

Re: Mother Inspired By The Kardashians Is Left With Horrific Swollen Face After Alle by GboyegaD(m): 2:35pm On May 13, 2015
Not all that glitters are gold. She learnt her lesson to be herself no matter what.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Of Celebs Slim Sexy Figure / Ooni Of Ife, Oba Sijuwade Dies At 85 / Hope As Cancer Drug Shows Promise In Flushing Out HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.