Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,451 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person (2620 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Why Do We Marry? / 6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by baybeeboi: 2:57pm On May 13, 2015
#1. You pick the wrong person because you expect him/her to change after you’re married.
The classic mistake. Never marry potential. The
golden rule is, if you can’t be happy with the
person the way he or she is now, don’t get married. As a colleague of mine so wisely put it, “You actually can expect people to change after their married… for the worst!” So when it comes to the other person’s spirituality,
character, personal hygiene, communication skills, and personal habits, make sure you can live with these as they are now.
#2. Choosing a life partner based on physical attractiveness is not bad but, before that , it must be taken into consideration that beauty, as it is, is a natural wealth for a short period of time. Humans change with respect to time. If the person does not age, there are other factors that can really take the attractiveness of the without us not able to do anything about it. We are just life flowers, wild and all rosy in the morning but gloomy and weak by night fall. Have you asked yourself whether you will be able to live with the person should all the attractiveness fade away?

#3.Another factor that influences bad partnership decision is sex. Most ladies especially, when in their youth, desire men who can actually make them feel good in bed. But we must not forget that it is a lifetime decision and a long term execution of plan
not a short term one. The problem is that sometimes we forget that it is a long term decision we are taking and thus choosing a partner for that journey should go far beyond the physicalities. Imagine eating one particular food for a month, two or three. Would you ever have an appetite for that particular food in the next month to come? Definitely no! It is same with sex. Having sex with one particular person for a long period of time can be boring sometimes thus not good factor to consider when choosing a partner. Intimacy is always on the woman’s terms. Men are goal-oriented, especially when it comes this area. As a wise woman once pointed out, “Men have two
speeds: on and off.” Women are experience-
oriented. When a man is able to switch gears and become more experience-oriented, he will discover what makes his wife very happy. When the man forgets about his own needs and focuses on giving his wife pleasure,amazing things happen.

#4. You choose the wrong person because you do not share a common life goals and priorities. There are three basic ways we connect with another person: chemistry and compatibility share common interests share common life goal Make sure you share the deeper level of connection that sharing life goals provide. After marriage, the two of you will either grow together or grow apart.
To avoid growing apart, you must figure out what you’re “living for,” while you’re single — and then find someone who has come to the same conclusion as you.
This is the true definition of a “soul mate.” A soul mate is a goal mate — two people who ultimately share the same understanding of life’s purpose and therefore share the same priorities, values and goals.

#5. You choose the wrong person because you get intimately involved too quickly.
Intimacy before the commitment of marriage can be a big problem because it often precludes a fully honest exploration of important issues. Physical involvement tends to cloud one’s mind. And a clouded mind is not inclined to make good decisions.
It is not necessary to take a “test drive” in order to find out if a couple is physically compatible. If you do your homework and make sure you are intellectually and emotionally compatible, you don’t have to worry about it. Of all the studies done on
divorce, incompatibility in the intimate arena is
almost never cited as a main reason why people divorce.

#6. You pick the wrong person because you do not have a deeper emotional connection with this person. To evaluate whether you have a deeper emotional connection or not, ask: “Do I respect and admire this person?”Most people choose to accept anyone as a life partner because of the fact that they are probably ageing. This is most common among women. Most women believe that once they get to their late twenties and still man less, must accept anyone without consideration if not, much about the composition of the man they are going to tie the knot with which sometimes ends up in disaster.

#7. Pity, they say is the sweetest form of love.
Actually, I don’t see any sense in that. How can you make a choice of a wife or husband based on that?
It is too cheap. If you going out with someone and think the person doesn’t march the kind of
husband or wife you intend marrying, why don’t you just forget about the person and ignore the fact that the person will probably change one day.
In fact it is the worst mistake and harm you can
ever do to yourself.

#8. You pick the wrong person because you use the relationship to escape from personal problems and unhappiness.
If you are unhappy and single, you’ll probably be unhappy and married, too.
If you are unhappy and single, you’ll probably be unhappy and married, too. Marriage does not fix personal, psychological and emotional problems. If anything, marriage will exacerbate them.
If you are not happy with yourself and your life, take responsibility to fix it now while you are single. You’ll feel better, and your future spouse will thank you.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 13, 2015
ur name is babyboy right?

Now u know how to make a d right choice, I no wan hear story for ur marriage and choice of woman

Make use of d advice

Am married

1 Like

Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Bestinstinct(m): 3:03pm On May 13, 2015
You're so on point. It takes grace to have a blistering marriage dis days. I kinda pity single guys sha, just can't wondering if there's still sincere lady out there. undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 13, 2015
Tats y I stay SINGLE... & happy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by baybeeboi: 3:16pm On May 13, 2015
Taylor86:
ur name is babyboy right?

Now u know how to make a d right choice, I no wan hear story for ur marriage and choice of woman

Make use of d advice

Am married

Bros, am married...jst passing advice to unmarried wife hunters like you.
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Babacele: 4:35pm On May 13, 2015
KashyBaby:
Really?
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 13, 2015
Babacele:
Really?

Aahh hmmmm...y wonderin?
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by obiak4(m): 4:44pm On May 13, 2015
KashyBaby:
empress deep down down in your heart of hearts are you really "HAPPY" WITHOUT MARRYING??
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 13, 2015
obiak4:

empress deep down down in your heart of hearts are you really "HAPPY" WITHOUT MARRYING??

Is this pidgin?? Coz i dnt get it... grin
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Babacele: 7:00pm On May 13, 2015
KashyBaby:

Aahh hmmmm...y wonderin?
cos I no think say na true you dey talk. When u see your soulmate baby, you won't let him go, cos d only 2 times u will want to be wt him shall b now n forever. Na lie?
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by rudebouy: 11:06pm On May 13, 2015
Dis is so onpoint
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by MMotimo: 4:33am On May 14, 2015
#9 - Not having a vision of the person you want

When you have no standards, it's easy to setup with just anyone and have regrets
Nothing wrong with having standards
You can decide to willingly and consciously lower them but start from somewhere, don't just settle
Everyone should have minimum reasonable standards

2 Likes

Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Qualer: 6:05am On May 14, 2015
KashyBaby:

Not for long... I'm coming for you! cool
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 7:19am On May 14, 2015
Qualer:

Not for long... I'm coming for you! cool

Mmmmmm..... tongue
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 7:22am On May 14, 2015
Babacele:
cos I no think say na true you dey talk. When u see your soulmate baby, you won't let him go, cos d only 2 times u will want to be wt him shall b now n forever. Na lie?

Hhahahah..but bae, lemme tell u sumtin too...tat not all of us,regardless of ur age,race or gender has its own soulmate...so i am ok being single..i am happy & i am fine grin
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Babacele: 9:45am On May 14, 2015
KashyBaby:

Hhahahah..but bae, lemme tell u sumtin too...tat not all of us,regardless of ur age,race or gender has its own soulmate...so i am ok being single..i am happy & i am fine grin
Your wish.
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Babacele: 9:49am On May 14, 2015
KashyBaby:

Your wish , but factor x can change ur mind. don't tell me u ve never felt butterflies in yr tommy n sweet fever for any Adam b4?
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 10:48am On May 14, 2015
Babacele:
Your wish , but factor x can change ur mind. don't tell me u ve never felt butterflies in yr tommy n sweet fever for any Adam b4?

Been there,done tat grin but i am talking abt my present status & not the past wink
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Babacele: 1:39pm On May 14, 2015
KashyBaby:

Been there,done tat grin but i am talking abt my present status & not the past wink
Ouch! sorry baby. you just inspired a song n ll gist u abt it later. Enjoy your new status.
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 14, 2015
Babacele:
Ouch! sorry baby. you just inspired a song n ll gist u abt it later. Enjoy your new status.

Aight...juz drop here whenever ur ready grin
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Babacele: 8:41pm On May 14, 2015
KashyBaby:

Aight...juz drop here whenever ur ready grin
ok
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by rudebouy: 11:50pm On May 14, 2015
KashyBaby:

No offense intended. Am just curious. If u dont need a man in ur life, dont u need a dicck in ur life? As in a big black dicck?cheesy
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 14, 2015
rudebouy:

No offense intended. Am just curious. If u dont need a man in ur life, dont u need a dicck in ur life? As in a big black dicck?cheesy

Tats the thing....i dnt know but honestly i dnt feel of a "need"
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by rudebouy: 12:01am On May 15, 2015
KashyBaby:

Tats the thing....i dnt know but honestly i dnt feel of a "need"

Well its good ur lady sha. Cos an average lady can stay a whole year without sex but an average man cant. But when konji begin nack u, u can always get urself a friend with benefitwink.

And, why do you always say "tat" instead of "that" or beta still "dat"? I know its an abbreviation but it kinda confuses me.

And when will u be coming to naija? I wd love to host you. How abt dis Christmas?wink
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:33am On May 15, 2015
rudebouy:

Well its good ur lady sha. Cos an average lady can stay a whole year without sex but an average man cant. But when konji begin nack u, u can always get urself a friend with benefitwink.

And, why do you always say "tat" instead of "that" or beta still "dat"? I know its an abbreviation but it kinda confuses me.

And when will u be coming to naija? I wd love to host you. How abt dis Christmas?wink

Hahhahaha...FWB is aint ma thang bae wink im coming soon... grin grin grin
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by rudebouy: 10:03am On May 15, 2015
KashyBaby:

Hahhahaha...FWB is aint ma thang bae wink im coming soon... grin grin grin

Frankly speaking, I wd love to have a 5 days exclusive private tourism with you, you know...just the two of uswink...we can make it if we trycheesy...
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 15, 2015
rudebouy:

Frankly speaking, I wd love to have a 5 days exclusive private tourism with you, you know...just the two of uswink...we can make it if we trycheesy...

Hahahahah.....5days exclusive private tourismwell i dunno wat d hell is tat mean grin....but one thing for sure il b all over Nigeria...first stop abuja wink
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by rudebouy: 1:33pm On May 15, 2015
KashyBaby:

Hahahahah.....5days exclusive private tourismwell i dunno wat d hell is tat mean grin....but one thing for sure il b all over Nigeria...first stop abuja wink

We cd do d tour togeda u know? And I wd love to be ya delegate waiting for thee at d airport.

All over naija u sed. Hope u have d dollars for such a tour? We certainly do need dat ur tourism dollarscheesy
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 15, 2015
rudebouy:

We cd do d tour togeda u know? And I wd love to be ya delegate waiting for thee at d airport.

All over naija u sed. Hope u have d dollars for such a tour? We certainly do need dat ur tourism dollarscheesy

wink u dnt need to wait in the airport...
Re: 8 Common Ways We Marry The Wrong Person by rudebouy: 2:04pm On May 15, 2015
KashyBaby:

wink u dnt need to wait in the airport...
So how do I catch u when u arrive na?

(1) (Reply)

I Am Dying Slowly, I Need Help Seriously / I Am Taking 50% Of Your Wealth! / Her Husband’s Brother Molested Her Twice. She Needs An Advise!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.