Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,273 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed (1335 Views)

See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly / How My Friend Got A Job That Gave Him N5m In Just Four Months / See Terms & Conditions Given To My Friend At A Job He Applied For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by MamaCass: 3:45pm On May 13, 2015
A friend of mine (Male) is out of job and has a car. He does not want to use it as a cab because he does not fancy that kind of job. He asked me to advice him how best can he make the car work for him. I told him i will reply him in two days time. I know we have intelligent people on this forum who can help him out. Mind you, he ruled out using it as a taxi. Feel free to give your advice.
Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by StPete: 3:55pm On May 13, 2015
What other advise does your friend require?
Or is he better than thousands of people who engage in the cab business?
I don’t think he has started feeling the impact of unemployment, cos wen he truly does, no one will tell him what to do.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by heneversleep: 4:00pm On May 13, 2015
If he doesn't like the stigma that comes with being a cab driver,what about giving it out to someone else and be collecting returns based on a mutual agreement? Or better still, sell the car and use the money to start something.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by moscobabs(m): 4:02pm On May 13, 2015
StPete:
What other advise does your friend require?
Or is he better than thousands of people who engage in the cab business?
I don’t think he has started feeling the impact of unemployment, cos wen he truly does, no one will tell him what to do.
nothing more to say cry cry
Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by Zumibliss(m): 4:08pm On May 13, 2015
Register d car as airport taxi,I think he will not have shame there.
Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by obiak4(m): 4:12pm On May 13, 2015
heneversleep:
If he doesn't like the stigma that comes with being a cab driver,what about giving it out to someone else and be collecting returns based on a mutual agreement? Or better still, sell the car and use the money to start something.
giving it to someone should be ruled out of the equation he should swallow his pride and plunge into the business it very lucrative
better still he can move to a new locality where he is not known if he is shy
my 3cent
Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by obiak4(m): 4:15pm On May 13, 2015
the man above me has brains ten bottle water for you better still do taxi to raise money and register as an airport taxi GREAT IDEA
Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by heneversleep: 4:49pm On May 13, 2015
obiak4:

giving it to someone should be ruled out of the equation he should swallow his pride and plunge into the business it very lucrative
better still he can move to a new locality where he is not known if he is shy
my 3cent
Couldn't agree less with you bro, and very much opined with your advise. But we shouldn't be the judge here, some people just aren't built for it. Infact he may end up crashing the car on the very first day. It's our differences that makes us humans.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by debbie(f): 5:18pm On May 13, 2015
A car is for transportation,is it not? Either for private or commercial! He should swallow his pride and start a cab business. He may not need to paint it to look obvious. I have a friend who started this cab business. He spoke with some hotel managers in surulere to be able to carry their customers within and outside the area.Now he has long list of customers who he pick at the airports,bus terminals or for any business meeting in Lagos.At times he doesn't meet up with the demand! His egde over other cab drivers is that HE IS A GOOD MAN AND HONEST TOO. As we speak he has paid for another car which he will lease out.
My dear,there is dignity and reward in labour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 13, 2015
since he's ashamed of cab business, let him use it for ambulance to convey dead people.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by idu1(m): 6:23pm On May 13, 2015
Commercial driving is a nice profession. I don't know what he's ashamed of. There's a lot money and convenience if only he agree to do it.

What is shame in picking and droping people?
Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by ogawisdom(m): 7:51pm On May 13, 2015
MamaCass:
A friend of mine (Male) is out of job and has a car. He does not want to use it as a cab because he does not fancy that kind of job. He asked me to advice him how best can he make the car work for him. I told him i will reply him in two days time. I know we have intelligent people on this forum who can help him out. Mind you, he ruled out using it as a taxi. Feel free to give your advice.

Let him use it for taxi (drop type) if d car is very clean. Tell him to get off his butt n go n work. He shld nt give it to someone to drive for him bc he will only get stories.

If he is shy he can work only in d nite 7pm to 2am daily jst stay arnd popular hotels n club houses

Last shot if all fails sell off d car n start a biz with d money (NB I won't sell d car if I ws in his shoes but he can if he wants)

No biz will pump money faster into his acct in a short time lik cab biz only if managed by him

1 Like

Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by tahoe(m): 11:28pm On May 13, 2015
Make he become transporter like jason statham
Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by 4godsake: 9:09am On May 14, 2015
You can contact me on presto67@live.co.uk with detailed of the car then we can discuss further.
Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by princejenks(m): 9:51am On May 14, 2015
We are not told the kind of vehicle,is it clean,luxurious and high ended or just any of those regular cars plying our roads? Well,you have been told some options but lemme only add dat he could start a delivery kind of business where a car can enhance his movement and prestige
Re: My Friend Does Not Know What To Do With His Car-advice Needed by fm7070: 4:57pm On May 14, 2015
Nice contribution so far. However, it depends on the type of car.
Some cars are not so strong for taxi. some cannot withstand pressure
also some have high maintenance cost. he should try and check out his car very well before putting it into taxi business

(1) (Reply)

British High Commission Fresh Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Workforce Teller / Urgent: M10 Africa Global Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.