Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? (16209 Views)

10 Things Only People Who Hate Beans Will Understand / 6 Simple Foods Every Nigerian Women Must Know How To Make / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by free2ryhme: 2:32pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:
kiss Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? 45% of our Men does it, but 99.9% of Women are not into it.The few ones that does it, are termed as a prostitute, or looked down upon by Nigerians. Why this?

Pls don't quote me wrongly, the purpose of this thread is not to encourage smoking but to get explanation from Nairaland deep thinkers of what could be the probable cause of it. but from my own observation, When i was opportuned to visit USA (Miami, Florida) to be precise. I was forced to compare and contast the social live styles of our Women with theirs as regard to smoking and drinking. I noticed about 45% of them were habitual smokers.

Note: Pls don't abuse me on my thread if you have nothing good to say just view and leave or else i'll give you the feedback you wanted

Pls your comment is needed.

Where is your empirical evidence to support your claims
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Djicemob: 2:34pm On May 24, 2015
They doesnt like it because they doesnt want to die young...if they 'does' it undecided tongue grin

I was also privilege to visit the US(California,compton) to be precise. cool grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by DollyParton1(f): 2:34pm On May 24, 2015
MissiPEE:
Simple, Nigerian women love their men a lot and don't get it when their fellow woman chooses "death" cos that's what prostitutes do.

Girl... use ur brain biko. This post of yours is very ridiculous.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by seedorfg(m): 2:34pm On May 24, 2015
eve U ass me ! na woe hy go a55
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by oromankirisi(f): 2:35pm On May 24, 2015
..i guess cos its primarily not an african "thing",

*looks fun tho* (runs away!)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by mizjules(f): 2:35pm On May 24, 2015
I'm sorry to say, but I find this question funny.... Its just like you asking why people don't do bad things. Smoking is badhealth wise and it is not accepted socially amongst women.
We should be seeing things that should encourage us. And not otherwise...

Next theard we are going to see is why do some women hate abortions
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 24, 2015
Apart from been labelled a prostitute and the opinion of the society,church and culture;i believe there are effects to smoking, healthwise(e b lyk say u knw no).

and what is the enjoyment in smoking,burnt lips?i'll pass

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Missmossy(f): 2:37pm On May 24, 2015
It just isn't in our blood,we dislike it with disdain!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by nnanyereugo(m): 2:38pm On May 24, 2015
I bliv dis girl is lukn for hu wil encourage her to indulge in d act. Op ve dcidd to get lost n is lukn for an xcuz for it. Bt so sori undecided

Bt if sombdy askd sombdy to smoke n sombdy doznt want to smoke, can't sombdy allow sombdy to b? Na by force? grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 24, 2015
If there is anything I like about the Nigerian women this should be it. Please, Nigerian women don't change your ways on that. There is nothing special in smoking and it is a deadly and addictive habit that can lead to cancers, etc.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by ekiloui(f): 2:38pm On May 24, 2015
I believe women abroad smoke because of the weather, why should nigerians under the hot blazing sun we experience bother smoking? Nicotine is addictive and if u have no business smoking (as in no legit reason) then you should stop. Not only do you get addicted you also smoke away your lungs and start disturbing your entire family to look 4 operation funds.

Say no to smoking

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Bonapart(m): 2:39pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:
kiss Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? 45% of our Men does it, but 99.9% of Women are not into it.The few ones that does it, are termed as a prostitute, or looked down upon by Nigerians. Why this?

Pls don't quote me wrongly, the purpose of this thread is not to encourage smoking but to get explanation from Nairaland deep thinkers of what could be the probable cause of it. but from my own observation, When i was opportuned to visit USA (Miami, Florida) to be precise. I was forced to compare and contast the social live styles of our Women with theirs as regard to smoking and drinking. I noticed about 45% of them were habitual smokers.

Note: Pls don't abuse me on my thread if you have nothing good to say just view and leave or else i'll give you the feedback you wanted

your thread is irrelevant...
Don't even know why it's on front page...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 24, 2015
Trash. Go to clubs and see a whole lots of them smoking. Note I ain't talking about runs girls here.

They smoke in movies too even if they don't inhale it.

Naija girls smokes but can't be compared to the men like it is else where
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Bonapart(m): 2:40pm On May 24, 2015
ekiloui:
I believe women abroad smoke because of the weather, why should nigerians under the hot blazing sun we experience bother smoking? Nicotine is addictive and if u have no business smoking (as in no legit reason) then you should stop. Not only do you get addicted you also smoke away your lungs and start disturbing your entire family to look 4 operation funds.

Say no to smoking
kiss kiss.... wife material spoted

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by mmsen: 2:40pm On May 24, 2015
Smoking is an odd habit to pick up but if you're going to do it at least smoke decent tobacco and not the horrible cigarette tobacco.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Bonapart(m): 2:42pm On May 24, 2015
mizjules:
I'm sorry to say, but I find this question funny.... Its just like you asking why people don't do bad things. Smoking is badhealth wise and it is not accepted socially amongst women.
We should be seeing things that should encourage us. And not otherwise...

Next theard we are going to see is why do some women hate abortions
i tire o... or why do Nigeria women hate divorce?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 24, 2015
ekiloui:

Say no to smoking
You guess wrong, hun. It is not the climate but it is an old western habit.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by lordhugo(m): 2:44pm On May 24, 2015
FOR WARRI, NA GIRLS SMOKE PASS! (indoors).

smoking men are a larger propotion of the population but the women that smoke are chimneys....abi na COAL FIRED POWER STATIONS!

BENSON SWITCH PACKS NA SAWALELE!

abi na igbo u wan talk?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by trytim100(m): 2:48pm On May 24, 2015
is one our taboos
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by zhirinmai(m): 2:48pm On May 24, 2015
I gUess its because most nigerian societies frown at it...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by ibro2hot(m): 2:49pm On May 24, 2015
Its disgusting to seen an African Woman smoking.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Generalkorex(m): 2:49pm On May 24, 2015
Smoking inside hot sun chai. I think its our weather.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by whitestar01(m): 2:49pm On May 24, 2015
Op if smoke dey hungery you beta enter bunk do am lick tom tom wipe ur mouth come out nawao.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by naija1stpikin: 2:50pm On May 24, 2015
Because dem no soji. All them sabi do Na to romance car steering for picture like op cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 24, 2015
chowlade:

societal values differs from place to place.
Nigerian society frowns and abhors women that smokes and even the men that do smoke are sometimes looked upon as being irresponsible.

what is generally acceptable in another society may be rejected in another society that is why we have what is called cultural differences.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by naija1stpikin: 2:52pm On May 24, 2015
oromankirisi:
..i guess cos its primarily not an african "thing",

*looks fun tho* (runs away!)

Since 2013, where have you been hiding that I haven't cme across you? shocked

You fine no be small
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 24, 2015
Well, 2014 was the first time I experienced winter
I still have nightmares about the cold...Lawd

Anyway by mid October I was looking longingly at people puffing away with smoke rising from their "cores' or so it seemed
The most inviting thing I ever saw lipsrsealed

Well going by how cold I was, I would have become a chimney by now
...if I had not asked a guy, who was smoking if the smoking warmed him
He laughed soo hard, told his 'colleagues' @ smoking and they laughed some more angry
Then they told me it does nothing to warm the body
I was like, 'bloody waste of smoke then"

Anyway.....I would have graduated to weed, crack and more if I had been told smoking could warm the body by now
Without giving a hoot what my Nigerian society would think!
I remain a non smoker however
(waiting for the smokes that would warm the body cheesy)

Another thing....I love the smell of tobacco in cars....beds etc, but not really on the smoker...
I could date a guy who smokes...but would totally kill my relatives if I caught them smoking
I am a hypocritical dater who prefers blood to sem.en I guess
SMH

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 24, 2015
In America or Europe.. Smoking is not really a life style, dey smoke cuz of d cold weather, so both men and women can smoke freely without having negative thought abt it. But in Africa u see ple smoke under hot weather and is becoming a life style.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by mizjules(f): 2:54pm On May 24, 2015
Bonapart:
i tire o... or why do Nigeria women hate divorce?
Lool tiz well, btw why do women hate not exposing their bodies embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by U2ice(m): 2:55pm On May 24, 2015
DollyParton1:
Culture.
Its ok to sleep with many guys without protection. Its ok to accept a ride from a stranger, but its a bad thing to smoke because, it portrays u as a bad/immoral girl to the society.

DUMB!! No insult intended

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Bonapart(m): 2:55pm On May 24, 2015
mizjules:

Lool tiz well, btw why do women hate not exposing their bodies embarassed lipsrsealed
cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 24, 2015
The federal ministry of health warns that tobacco smokers are liable to die young!

That is your answer... Woman follow instructions more than men!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Steak Lovers / How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / Teach me How To Cook Fio-fio Or Dried Akidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.