Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,357 members, 7,957,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:56 AM

Journey Of A Gentleman - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Journey Of A Gentleman (481 Views)

A Gentleman On The Highway / Poem :The JOURNEY OF A MAN BY WISDOM NWEDENE. / MY JOURNEY TO Eko(lagos). Part1 Episode 1 Story By Kelly9ice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Journey Of A Gentleman by HARUNAEZEKIEL: 11:51pm On May 13, 2015
When it begin and end at the beginning
It only end to begin again
When the sun dive into the westgate of Aso Rock
Darkness hurries to wear the crown
Suddenly the sun rise in the east to give vision to the country whole

Jonathan
Yours was not war of swords or a muscle might display
But of gentleness so rich and rare
You chosed not to fight even when you still have arrows flaming
You mopped your wounded foes with flags of truce and brotherliness
You spewed few words embalmed in plethora of foresight streaming unperturbed from your stock of plenipotentiary

Jonathan
Despite the fussilades of fiery sparks hurled at you from the confine of sambisa
Your faith did not wane
Through the tsunamis of clueless criticisms and oppositions - you guided you pledges to fulfilment
Your lips were sealed - yet you spoke
Your limbs fettered - still you led
Yours was not power show but thoughtfulness

Jonathan
I dare not sing you a dirge
"no ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian"? Wow! you are a hero on a greater duty
The "backward never forward ever" journey you set out with Yar'adua is in circle - it end to begin again
Many mothers saw your luck and have it for their babes' baptistery

You conceded defeat with such beauteous smiles
You do not as others clench fists of hostility, but opened them to allow handshakes of friendship to survive - Buhari felt the vibes race down his spine when he shook you
And your smiles - i shall teach them to my children
Just as Abraham Lincoln's famous letter to his son's teacher read "teach my son to smile even when he is angry"
You lost the race
But got our hearts locked up in your briefcase!

(1) (Reply)

A Perfect World - Book 1 / Mind Of A Roberee.. / When I Am Gone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.