Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Are Curses Real? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Curses Real? (1877 Views)

Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad / Jilted Pregnant Lady Storms Church With Schnapps, Curses Would-be Couple, Pastor / Nigerian Woman Curses Ex-Husband (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Curses Real? by Librakid(f): 12:06pm On May 14, 2015
Thought about this over and over but decided to ask my fellow NLders.
There are times you go into a relationship whole heartedly, a relationship that used to be good suddenly goes wrong for no reason and you feel betrayed and hurt. That could lead to hatred and a feeling that the betrayer should get hurt too. And there are moments in life when things go bad simply because that's the way it is. We go through cycles in life. Life is a series of lessons, sometimes we are in a bad patch and we can only get out from it once we have learnt something out of it.

My question still is...do curses really work?
Pls I need candid answers! Thanks
Re: Are Curses Real? by agarawu23(m): 12:08pm On May 14, 2015
yes ma

1 Like

Re: Are Curses Real? by winetapper: 12:13pm On May 14, 2015
Yeah some are real depending on the strenght the person has in spirit! Some weak some strong..

Power pass power

1 Like

Re: Are Curses Real? by Librakid(f): 12:21pm On May 14, 2015
winetapper:
Yeah some are real depending on the strenght the person has in spirit! Some weak some strong..

Power pass power

So spirits also determine if a curse will work or not? But how would you differentiate between a curse and real life situations?
Re: Are Curses Real? by winetapper: 12:29pm On May 14, 2015
Librakid:

So spirits also determine if a curse will work or not? But how would you differentiate between a curse and real life situations?
Yeah depends on how strong you are in spirit tho..
Before you work on a person you have to kill the spirit first then the body..
@second question.. so how you would know, when bad things happen continously without a good reason,shows an example of curse, and how you relate to people too, to much relating attract too many Haters too, and also this the need why one needs to be religious to strengten you spiritually.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Curses Real? by asumo12: 12:30pm On May 14, 2015
YELZ

1 Like

Re: Are Curses Real? by agarawu23(m): 12:45pm On May 14, 2015
winetapper:

Power pass power
there is nothing like power pass power

If you betray your partner in such a way that makes life miserable for the person believe me the person spirit will draw calamities upon calamities into the betrayer's life.

we all have our spirit and some spirit are not to be taken for granted. it happened within my family, the guy was unable to give birth due to the abortion he made for his first girlfriend and later left the girl for know reason.

he was told to locate the girl and beg for forgiveness before God will answer his prayers. To God be the glory, the lady forgive him and prayed for him , few months later the guy's wife was pregnant.

Though ppl will call it superstition but I just pray we don't offend ppl that will refuse to forgive us.

we should be careful how will treat our partners because everybody has his/her own spirit. some spirits are allergic to bullshit even if the lady/guy didn't cast a spell on you, the spirit will

cc librakid

5 Likes

Re: Are Curses Real? by Lilimax(f): 12:52pm On May 14, 2015
Curses are real but cannot work on the life on a person whom God has blessed.
Little wonder the scripture says in Proverb 26:2
As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come smiley
again You cannot curse whom God has blessed. Numbers 23:8

1 Like

Re: Are Curses Real? by winetapper: 12:54pm On May 14, 2015
agarawu23:

If you betray your partner in such a way that makes life miserable for the person believe me the person spirit will draw calamities upon calamities into the betrayer's life.

we all have our spirit and some spirit are not to be taken for granted. it happened within my family, the guy was unable to give birth due to the abortion he made for his first girlfriend and later left the girl for know reason.

he was told to locate the girl and beg for forgiveness before God will answer his prayers. To God be the glory, the lady forgive him and prayed for him , few months later the guy's wife was pregnant.

Though ppl will call it superstition but I just pray we don't offend ppl that will refuse to forgive us.

we should be careful how will treat our partners because everybody has his/her own spirit. some spirits are allergic to bullshit even if the lady/guy didn't cast a spell for on you, the spirit will

cc librakid
You very right sir but am giving my explanation in terms of Curse as a whole and life situation not related to Relationship
but if i am to add..
Karma should be the very best word to use.. It would surely be your turn

1 Like

Re: Are Curses Real? by agarawu23(m): 12:57pm On May 14, 2015
winetapper:

You very right sir but am giving my explanation in terms of Curse as a whole and life situation not related to Relationship
but if i am to add..
Karma should be the very best word to use.. It would surely be your turn
exactly!

1 Like

Re: Are Curses Real? by Librakid(f): 1:13pm On May 14, 2015
Lilimax:
Curses are real but cannot work on the life on a person whom God has blessed.
Little wonder the scripture says in Proverb 26:2
As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come smiley
again You cannot curse whom God has blessed. Numbers 23:8

Curses my dear come in different forms...I understand your stand as it is.but do we just overlook it?
Re: Are Curses Real? by Lilimax(f): 1:51pm On May 14, 2015
Librakid:

Curses my dear come in different forms...I understand your stand as it is.but do we just overlook it?
We should not overlook curses; if you notice that a curse is following you may be a generational curse,
you have to pray yourself out of it. There are so may people that have been caged in one way or the other as a result of ancestral or generational curses; These set of people need to go for an intensive prayer session or deliverance to break such curses.

1 Like

Re: Are Curses Real? by Wendy80(f): 3:27pm On May 14, 2015
I know this man and wife who were always having issues early years of their marriage and whenever the Man's mother tries to settle them the wife will abuse hell out of her mother inlaw.
During one of their fights the MIL tried to settle them but was slapped and pushed by DIL and she fell on the floor.
With tears she said 'since my only son married u, he hasn't known peace for that u will neva bear him a son'
Her son pleaded with her to retract what she said but she refused saying she'll bear children but not a son, that another woman will bear him a son.
All effort by friends and other families to get his wife to apologise to his mother failed. The wife said never will she apologise and it's been over 15years now. She has 4 lovely daughters, she wants to try another to see if it will be a boy buy her husband refused cos it's just 2kids they planned for but she kept trying for boy. Is it MIL's curse working? I can't say oh but most pple believe it is.

1 Like

Re: Are Curses Real? by Librakid(f): 3:33pm On May 14, 2015
agarawu23:

we should be careful how will treat our partners because everybody has his/her own spirit. some spirits are allergic to bullshit even if the lady/guy didn't cast a spell for on you, the spirit will

cc librakid

How many youths(guys nd ladies) are ready to learn from such experiences and live a decent life? changing girls like boxers is considered fun for most young men same with ladies. Some of our parents today are facing the consequences of their past lives...It takes nothing from one to lead a decent and noble life. With this we will be building a better world for our generations to come. Av seen what hurts do to people! Let's think twice before taking actions
Re: Are Curses Real? by Librakid(f): 3:36pm On May 14, 2015
Wendy80:
I know this man and wife who were always having issues early years of their marriage and whenever the Man's mother tries to settle them the wife will abuse hell out of her mother inlaw.
During one of their fights the MIL tried to settle them but was slapped and pushed by DIL and she fell on the floor.
With tears she said 'since my only son married u, he hasn't known peace for that u will neva bear him a son'
Her son pleaded with her to retract what she said but she refused saying she'll bear children but not a son, that another woman will bear him a son.
All effort by friends and other families to get his wife to apologise to his mother failed. The wife said never will she apologise and it's been over 15years now. She has 4 lovely daughters, she wants to try another to see if it will be a boy buy her husband refused cos it's just 2kids they planned for but she kept trying for boy. Is it MIL's curse working? I can't say oh but most pple believe it is.

As humans,experiences both ours nd others are mearnt to teach us a lesson! Tnx for sharing
Re: Are Curses Real? by Agrika: 5:39pm On May 14, 2015
We have this terrible Aunty (my Dad blood sister) who is always fermenting trouble for everyone most especially wives married into the family....My mum is always complaining about that woman...she is the Ada of the family and instead of facing her own children....her own is to cause problem in her brothers' marriages.
Now her younger brother, i.e my Dad's elder brother got married later than my dad to quite a Young woman....as fate would have it they were based in Lagos, the same state that my Aunty's kids were based so she usually visits there for Omugwo and the rest......
Now it happened that my uncle and his wife were having a disagreement and she was invited as an "elder" to settle the quarell....she just heard her brother's side of the story and without waiting for the wife's version started slapping her, threw her bags out and refered to her as this "bush animal wey we manage pick from village" chai....ds was a lady that is not even as old as her 4th daughter...and to make matters worse was over 6months pregnant.....she eventually lost that baby,.....it was only the pleading of my mum and some other elderly women that stopped her from reporting the matter to the umu-ada.

On another occasion, the woman who had a history of miscarriages and stillbirths,....was in a very critical condition in the hospital, inshort at a point the Dr's pronounced her dead and covered her with white cloth..... she just had a stillbirth and sent for the woman since her hubby was not in town....the woman replied her back and told her to "forget about them, that as for she and her children she was as good as dead to them"
hmmmm.....

Now the intresting part is that I travelled home recently for a cousin's wedding and as God will have it her second daughter came home, inshort I met her there and was told she has been home for close to 3 months now....later, on the day after the wedding, the daughter came weeping to my mum and confided in her that her husband's sister came into her house and started slapping her, "without any cause" and also threw her things and threatened to "deal" with her if she ever steps into the house.....and guess what, she was also preggy
I believe that my Uncle's wife cursed her Mother because of the "injustice" that was metted on her.

1 Like

Re: Are Curses Real? by Librakid(f): 8:44pm On May 14, 2015
Agrika:
We have this terrible Aunty (my Dad blood sister) who is always fermenting trouble for everyone most especially wives married into the family....My mum is always complaining about that woman...she is the Ada of the family and instead of facing her own children....her own is to cause problem in her brothers' marriages.
Now her younger brother, i.e my Dad's elder brother got married later than my dad to quite a Young woman....as fate would have it they were based in Lagos, the same state that my Aunty's kids were based so she usually visits there for Omugwo and the rest......
Now it happened that my uncle and his wife were having a disagreement and she was invited as an "elder" to settle the quarell....she just heard her brother's side of the story and without waiting for the wife's version started slapping her, threw her bags out and refered to her as this "bush animal wey we manage pick from village" chai....ds was a lady that is not even as old as her 4th daughter...and to make matters worse was over 6months pregnant.....she eventually lost that baby,.....it was only the pleading of my mum and some other elderly women that stopped her from reporting the matter to the umu-ada.

On another occasion, the woman who had a history of miscarriages and stillbirths,....was in a very critical condition in the hospital, inshort at a point the Dr's pronounced her dead and covered her with white cloth..... she just had a stillbirth and sent for the woman since her hubby was not in town....the woman replied her back and told her to "forget about them, that as for she and her children she was as good as dead to them"
hmmmm.....

Now the intresting part is that I travelled home recently for a cousin's wedding and as God will have it her second daughter came home, inshort I met her there and was told she has been home for close to 3 months now....later, on the day after the wedding, the daughter came weeping to my mum and confided in her that her husband's sister came into her house and started slapping her, "without any cause" and also threw her things and threatened to "deal" with her if she ever steps into the house.....and guess what, she was also preggy
I believe that my Uncle's wife cursed her Mother because of the "injustice" that was metted on her.

That's sad and indeed a lesson
Re: Are Curses Real? by SAMBARRY: 8:50pm On May 14, 2015
A curse without a cause is curse less or ineffective. Bottom line cause is the propelling force

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Take On This? / Pregnant Woman Who Went Viral Over Discolored Baby Bump Gives Birth / Chisos! Man Chops Off Wife's Lover's Penis (graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.