Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... (38702 Views)

Villagers Gather For 'Spiritual Cleansing' In Omambala River In Anambra. Photos / Big Python Saved In My Village(pics) / Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by meforyou1(m): 3:24pm On May 14, 2015
Mortiple:
Wait, is this real or an upcoming Nollywood movie? grin grin

The whole pictures look stage-managed.
It is so real. We chased out 2 men with similar behavior from my village one Christmas period. We even stripped naked and marched them away

1 Like

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by highmood(m): 3:25pm On May 14, 2015
KoloOyinbo:
OH MY GOD!

I hope few people from the rest of the world see this. Nigeria does not need such damage to its image.

Witch doctors, killing roosters, mami waters and wheeling around guys in wheelbarrows with grass around their necks!!!!!!

Meanwhile the rest of the world get on with 21st century activities and leaves such 16th century superstitious rubbish to those so uneducated they could not get a job shovelling sh1t!
what the people are doing is not superstition. Its a way of punishing evil doers rather than killing them. Its a kind of banishment that brings public mockery to the individual. In my hometown, if a man is barnished from there for doing evil, and is found there without him been authorized, he would be killed.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by dasensible1(m): 3:26pm On May 14, 2015
Taylor86:
some of these sacrifices are hilarious and fake

d other day i saw a masquerade drinking beer
grin grin.....don't wound me with laughter this afternoon o

2 Likes

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by funkybully(f): 3:27pm On May 14, 2015
Who took this rubbish to fp without source?
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by doreenvee(f): 3:28pm On May 14, 2015
Wheelbarrow ride is better than trekking plus someone is riding him without charges. Enjoy yourself, bro.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by sammie771: 3:34pm On May 14, 2015
Guys u cant believe this? That is my real community.Am from umudimihun family in Eziama,isi-ala mbano LGA.Cheii this people don fall my hand.Infact i dey vex

1 Like

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 14, 2015
Such backwardness in da land of da living!
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by qualityovenbake(m): 3:35pm On May 14, 2015
Man wickedness to man.
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Joel3(m): 3:36pm On May 14, 2015
this remind of of the animated firm. Madagascar. Alex the King part two.
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Akiika: 3:36pm On May 14, 2015
Afr-idiots!
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Ishilove: 3:40pm On May 14, 2015
Lmao!!! Akuko cheesy cheesy

Wetin we no go see for Naija. I love my country grin

1 Like

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Mariojane(f): 3:42pm On May 14, 2015
abeg i read something like the shrine sent letter to the brother or maybe am not reading it right, maybe i need glasses abi? do shrines now send letter of summon like court? the gods must be learned. i bet the gods now go to school and they must be good with computer to help them type maybe they have a secretary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by abnsugbe: 3:44pm On May 14, 2015
eleojo23:
That picture is really funny.

Why is the man looking so sad? Let him enjoy the ride jare.
Na the 'driver' and his entourage on Legedis Benz go tire. grin

But on a more serious note, some aspects of culture need to be discarded, especially those that have to do with superstition.

This stuff is embarrassing to us as nation.

lozzz..we are nt a nation Pls..check ur dictonary.....a Nation is a group of people sharing the same culture or language...what ve we to go with the Huasa people..Biafra must come
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 14, 2015
This is hilarious cheesy

I thought it was one of those nollywood ish cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 14, 2015
rexbuton:
he is Ibo
see ur left nyansh lyk ibo, evn 2 spell sef?

2 Likes

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Marotzke(m): 3:51pm On May 14, 2015
Mariojane:
abeg i read something like the shrine sent letter to the brother or maybe am not reading it right, maybe i need glasses abi? do shrines now send letter of summon like court? the gods must be learned. i bet the gods now go to school and they must be good with computer to help them type maybe they have a secretary.
This particular shrine have a bank account and gives loans. Yes some dare devils collect the money and squander it. Later on stories that touch the heart follows.
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by themodernman: 3:52pm On May 14, 2015
Atheist & free-thinkers dey enjoy life I swear!
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 14, 2015
[quote author=Makamuanwuo post=33730722][/quote]

I thought igbos r Christians? .....

I THOUGHT IGBOS R CIVILIZED..... THIS SHYTE CAN NEVER HAPPEN IN MY VILLAGE, IT LOOK SO BARBARIC.
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by ErepaTV: 3:55pm On May 14, 2015
grin grin

Tales by moonlight
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 14, 2015
Taylor86:
some of these sacrifices are hilarious and fake

d other day i saw a masquerade drinking beer

You mean you saw a spirit drinking beer grin grin grin
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Inkman(m): 3:58pm On May 14, 2015
Rexxie:
Such backwardness in my land!

shocked
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by SUBWAY101(m): 4:00pm On May 14, 2015
This is Buddahmonk Aka OkijaAmaka shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by princezhavilah(f): 4:02pm On May 14, 2015
highmood:

what the people are doing is not superstition. Its a way of punishing evil doers rather than killing them. Its a kind of banishment that brings public mockery to the individual. In my hometown, if a man is barnished from there for doing evil, and is found there without him been authorized, he would be killed.

u are on point bro
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by SeverusSnape(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2015
coldsummer:
Dude is being chauffeur driven
grin grin grin
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Tdhforreal(m): 4:05pm On May 14, 2015
Jambsupport:
WTF!!!
Lmao

Hmmmmmm
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by ajigiteri(m): 4:06pm On May 14, 2015
The sorrow of people following other gods are numerous. My Ibo people are dying for lack of knowledge.
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by adbokus(m): 4:06pm On May 14, 2015
Very soon we will be hearing 'we are the Jews of Africa'. Jews dey visit Okija?!...
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by beek: 4:09pm On May 14, 2015
Hardheolar:
Things like diz happen Only in d ___________ grin grin grin

EAST
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by SeverusSnape(m): 4:09pm On May 14, 2015
Mariojane:
grin grin grin
Modernized Fetishness.
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 14, 2015
This looks very scary! I hate watching horror movies.
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:21pm On May 14, 2015
highmood:

Its all the mami waters and witch doctor and curse etc stuff I was referring to. If people had the education (and basic common sense) to realise such things are superstitious rubbish they would not need to punish by parading around a village in a wheelbarrow!
Re: Sacrilege In My Village Where Man Lure His Brother And Wife For Cleansing....... by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 14, 2015
Drdaps:
The man looked worried
Anyway he enjoy free ride grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of My Uncle And Ogunwusi In Loyola College, Ibadan. / Khadija Yusra Sanusi Graduates From American University Of France (Photos) / Cultural Similarities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.