Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect (1480 Views)

I Went Into Drug Trafficking To Raise Money For Wedding – Suspect / ‘how I Was Tricked Into Prostitution In Libya’ / NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Shipping $23m Narcotics To S’africa (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by Ugochukwu45: 5:53pm On May 14, 2015
A suspected drug trafficker has alleged that he was tricked into the act in Brazil by the person who sponsored the trip.

Celestine Ikechukwu Okonkwo, 39, who was a trader at the Balogun Market in Lagos said he was given a mouth-watering job offer before he embarked on the trip to Brazil.

Commander of the Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja, Hamisu Lawan, said the suspect tested positive for cocaine ingestion when he was arrested.

“the suspect tested positive to drug ingestion while returning from Sao Paulo, Brazil. He later excreted 70 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.326kg”.

Celestine said that he was a happy man until the drug barons approached him with a promise of better job abroad.

“I was in my shop at Idumota market where I sell used clothes. I will never forget the day a young man came to my shop to buy shirt. He told me he is from Anambra and that he lives in Brazil. He also promised to help me with a good job opportunity over there. Honestly, I was excited and felt it was answer to my age long prayer. He collected my phone number and left. This was how it all started” Celestine stated.

After three months, the man called him that he was back to Nigeria. In his words,

“he prepared my international passport and also secured a visa for me. Then he told me to get set to travel any time. Few weeks later, he brought my ticket and I travelled to Brazil in January 2015. He gave me the name of the hotel where I will stay pending when he will get me a job. I was eventually abandoned to suffer. When I exhausted my money, I began to sleep in a church. I also began to work for a Nigerian woman who owns a restaurant in order not to starve to death”.

The suspect also stated that drug trafficking was not originally discussed with him before he left Nigeria.

“Nobody discussed drug trafficking with me while in Nigeria. It was after I had lived in the church for some months that my sponsor located me in Sau Paulo. I was told that there is no free lunch in Brazil and that I have suffered and experienced difficult life in Brazil. This was the point they introduced drug trafficking as the only way out. They said that was what people do to make money. It took me about seven hours to swallow 70 wraps of cocaine. I was inexperienced because it was my first time. They promised to pay me 400,000 naira when I get to Nigeria” he stated.

Celestine left Anambra to Lagos in 2010. He abandoned his education in 1999 when he was in year two in junior secondary school. His wife and daughter are living with his parents in the village. Speaking on his advice to young people, the drug suspect said that there is no place like home. “God bless Nigeria. There is no poverty here except the person chooses to be poor” he stated.

Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade said that the story of Celestine should serve as a warning to others who are seeking to travel out of the country. In his words, “there is nothing wrong in seeking greener pastures but people must be properly guided. Travelling out of the country without money to pay for your accommodation and feeding is ill-advised. Those who promise job opportunities abroad are after their selfish interest”.

Giade also added that the Agency is determined to investigate and expose the sponsors of Celestine.

- See more at: http://www.homelandnewsng.com/other-news/i-was-tricked-baron-drug-trafficking-suspect

Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 14, 2015
Ibo boys naani.... shey na only them dey overseas.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by Lovebond34(m): 6:04pm On May 14, 2015
hmmmm...nice story
Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by MRBrownJ: 6:06pm On May 14, 2015
complete NONSENSE!!!!! how was he forced to swallow these pellets? did they force them down his throat? why couldnt he go to the police straight when he was at the airport in São Paulo? this is too easy to blame the drug barons, and try to take the blame away from themselves. this guy is the only one who got caught and therefore he should fully serve his sentence. desperation should NEVER be accepted as the excuse to do any crime in this world. no wonder that its always lazy people like this man, who want to cut corner for easy riches, that ALWAYS end up as drug courier. just like its always greedy people who end up falling for 419scams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by kodded(m): 6:14pm On May 14, 2015
wow a drug baron Tinubu comes to my mind lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by kodded(m): 6:17pm On May 14, 2015
[s]
Borrussia:
Ibo boys naani.... shey na only them dey overseas.
[/s]undecided

foolish tribalistic ram

If he won an election in brazil...........he is a nigerian

But if he is caught with drugs ........you will point fingers to his tribe

FoooooooOl
angry
Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by OYAY(m): 6:32pm On May 14, 2015
Arrant nonsense because of 400k you risked your life and shatter your reputation! Why can't you continue to stay in that church and be doing menial jobs till you are able to raise money to get your ass back home? Do not blame any baron but blame yourself because you should have find your way back home immediately you discover there is job waiting for you and you still have some on you inthat hotel.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by vivinaps: 7:11pm On May 14, 2015
Please we are looking for a guy named NNADIEKWE RAPHAEL, he goes around duping people. He has abandoned his house at satelite town. Any info will be welcomed. Thanks
Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by j1mmy: 5:54pm On May 17, 2015
Igbo drug dealers, most of the time they are Igbos
Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by MRBrownJ: 9:36pm On May 17, 2015
OYAY:
Arrant nonsense because of 400k you risked your life and shatter your reputation! Why can't you continue to stay in that church and be doing menial jobs till you are able to raise money to get your ass back home? Do not blame any baron but blame yourself because you should have find your way back home immediately you discover there is job waiting for you and you still have some on you inthat hotel.

pls bro, for how much are YOU willing to risk your freedom?! whether 400k or 400millions, it is the same thing. wrong is wrong!
Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by j1mmy: 12:44pm On May 18, 2015
Rubbish, no one needs to trick an IGBO person into transporting drugs, it is in their blood.
Why is it only IGBO that get tricked into carrying drugs abroad?
Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by Chukky86: 3:04pm On May 18, 2015
Baba suwe na ibo boy too.
Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by j1mmy: 4:19pm On May 18, 2015
Chukky86:
Baba suwe na ibo boy too.

How many baba Suwe are facing firing squad for drugs in Asia and in prisons around the world
the over 2000 IGBOs executed in Indonesia alone are all baba Suwe
21 IGBOs next to be executed in Indonesia in a few weeks, no baba suwe there!

This is a predominantly IGBO crime and you people are ignoring the facts, Nigerian passport renderred useless by IGBO drug dealers all over the world and all you have to say is baba Suwe.
Re: I Was Tricked By A Baron Into Drug Trafficking - Suspect by ebbymani: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2015
vivinaps:
Please we are looking for a guy named NNADIEKWE RAPHAEL, he goes around duping people. He has abandoned his house at satelite town. Any info will be welcomed. Thanks

Raphael Nnadiekwe has relocated to Agbara. He runs a property company called Shalom Properties Ltd. he attends the catholic church in agbara estate.

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Fight In Oshodi / OMG!!! Nigerian Boy Tries Committing Suicide In 3rd Mainland Bridge – The Reason / 10 Terrifying Snake Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.