Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? (1101 Views)

Rock And Roll Legend Chuck Berry Dies At 90 (PICS) / Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? / Psychedelic, Afro-rock And Fuzz Funk In 1970s Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by Duekanem(m): 11:51pm On May 14, 2015
Like Imagine Dragons, Coldplay, The Heavy, Bruce Springsteen, U2, jefferson airplanes , Goldfish(south African band).
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by midolian(m): 12:00am On May 15, 2015
Duekanem:
Like Imagine Dragons, Coldplay, The Heavy, Goldfish(south African band).
same way Nigerians wld be wondering why americans don't like Fuji and apala music..

Bro, there are die hard fans of coldplay, imagine dragons in Nigeria..only that they are few.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by AndreRose(f): 12:05am On May 15, 2015
Someone started it there and others joined. In Nigeria, you can be the first to start it and we will join you. I believe there are those that do wonder the same as you so it's not like we don't like it, its all about something/someone to 'motivate' us to start it(for the interest of those that like it). You can be the first to introduce it here in Nigeria. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by bogolobango(m): 12:10am On May 15, 2015
Rock nd roll koo roll nd rock nii

Still enjoying my shoki joor
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by dulux07(m): 12:12am On May 15, 2015
I am a fan of rock music, pple tend to get used to what they grew up hearing, even if they dont like it, sooner or later they fall in.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by kelvine(m): 12:13am On May 15, 2015
The economy is already rocking and rolling many why should they suffer more in music. We need Afro hip hop to get us up.

I know I didn't make sense here, but what can I do now that sleep is refusing to come ?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by Duekanem(m): 12:28am On May 15, 2015
dulux07:
I am a fan of rock music, pple tend to get used to what they grew up hearing, even if they dont like it, sooner or later they fall in.
True, but I discovered rock music in 2013, and every other genre of music, has come behind, but I am not really into Metallic rock, more like soft rock and indie rock. But, I believe if we had a band in Nigeria like Goldfish in South Africa, the genre would grow.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by Duekanem(m): 12:29am On May 15, 2015
AndreRose:
Someone started it there and others joined. In Nigeria, you can be the first to start it and we will join you. I believe there are those that do wonder the same as you so it's not like we don't like it, its all about something/someone to 'motivate' us to start it(for the interest of those that like it). You can be the first to introduce it here in Nigeria. What do you think?

I am not a musician, just a lover of good music, no matter the language, genre.
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by AndreRose(f): 6:18am On May 15, 2015
Duekanem:

I am not a musician, just a lover of good music, no matter the language, genre.
Okay. I thought otherwise. Sorry.
If you do follow some musicians on twitter, why not tweet it and see their reaction.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by danidee10(m): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
dulux07:

Same here.....the reason why nigerians don't like rock is because they just don't get it the slow rhythms n all (alternative )

As for me I love rock because of the lyrics(there is always a song for every situation I find myself unlike 9ja music) and the drums
Re: Why Don't Nigerians Like Rock And Roll? by danidee10(m): 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
Duekanem:
Like Imagine Dragons, Coldplay, The Heavy, Bruce Springsteen, U2, jefferson airplanes , Goldfish(south African band).

Op u forgot simple plan angry grin

(1) (Reply)

Chaii Meet The Youngest Celebrity Hypeman In Nigeria....... / 10 Tips For Every Singer / Mad Over You Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.