Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

@christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. (2160 Views)

Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes / Help Me Understand And Explain This Dream Please / My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 15, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Jeeeeez.....thanks.

Uwc Liz smiley
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by Hiswordxray(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Romans 9 vs 15......"For he then said unto Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Please, who made this statement?

And if it is God, does this means that God's mercy and compassion is limited to some people alone?

Kindly help me in understanding this passage.

Thank you.
" For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared until all men " (Titus 2;11)

Heb 4:16 says "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

Grace have made mercy available to us all.

Another thing I would like to say is that I love this thread. I love it when Brothers help each other and appreciate it other. It's good to show love to other Christians even when there doctrine is different from yours.
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by timilehing(m): 6:47am On May 16, 2015
hopeforcharles:
There is a requirement for seeking something from God, if the person involved satisfied the requirements that can make him eligible, and He God can override protocols to effect mercy on whosoever he wishes, as long as you are truly sincere in your asking thereby opening a way for your upgrade your meet the requirements God will show mercy.
There's no requirement to receiving God's grace or mercy or favour. Only Him decides who gets it. Or can you mention some of the requirements?
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by hopeforcharles(m): 7:24am On May 16, 2015
timilehing:
There's no requirement to receiving God's grace or mercy or favour. Only Him decides who gets it. Or can you mention some of the requirements?
I believe if u accept jesus as you Lord as saviour, obey the holy spirit, live a godly life, that can make you eligible for grace, unmerited favour. The Bible says shall we continue in sin and expect grace to abound?

Romans 6-1
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by hopeforcharles(m): 7:28am On May 16, 2015
phabuloz:
Yea it's true. Even in the bible you can see that the children of Isreal really enjoyed these from God because they were privilege
Despite the fact that the Israelit enjoyed grace, it was available to them because they are God's people, God has a plan for them and they haven't really misbehaved,
But any time they misbehaved the grace is removed and they pay bitterly for it,

1 Like

Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by timilehing(m): 7:32am On May 16, 2015
hopeforcharles:

I believe if u accept jesus as you Lord as saviour, obey the holy spirit, live a godly life, that can make you eligible for grace, unmerited favour. The Bible says shall we continue in sin and expect grace to abound?

Romans 6-1
If that's the case, born-again Christians shouldn't be facing any difficulties in life, grace should cover everything
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by hopeforcharles(m): 7:51am On May 16, 2015
timilehing:
If that's the case, born-again Christians shouldn't be facing any difficulties in life, grace should cover everything
Grace doesn't exclude difficulties, it promises brake thru, God didn't say there will be no problem or turbulence but he will be there to make sure u land safely, difficulties as long as u are still human u are not immune to it, for the very fact that you are alive is grace, health is grace, remember grace means unmerited favour, checkout in your life those things money can't buy and those things u can't get without been given by God = GRACE
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by timilehing(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2015
hopeforcharles:

Grace doesn't exclude difficulties, it promises brake thru, God didn't say there will be no problem or turbulence but he will be there to make sure u land safely, difficulties as long as u are still human u are not immune to it, for the very fact that you are alive is grace, health is grace, remember grace means unmerited favour, checkout in your life those things money can't buy and those things u can't get without been given by God = GRACE
Bro, no need for argument but I can clearly say there's no criteria for receiving God's grace. Only Him decides
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by Nobody: 8:20am On May 16, 2015
Thanks fellas......I'm happy about all your comments. God bless you guys for me.
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by hopeforcharles(m): 8:23am On May 16, 2015
timilehing:
Bro, no need for argument but I can clearly say there's no criteria for receiving God's grace. Only Him decides
I am not arguing with you I am trying to explain things to you, don't think that because you are a Christian you wount face difficulties, nope, infact u must, Jesus himself faced it, I faced it, you pastor faced it, you must face it too. But with God we will all triumph.
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by malvisguy212: 8:27am On May 16, 2015
timilehing:
the grace of God is for all mankind, but not everybody accepts, if you read john 3:16 it indicate that grace is a gift to mankind through our Lord Jesus christ and the verse went on and say "whosoever believe in Him should not perish but have eternal life" meaning some MAY reject Jesus and some may accepts him.
To believe in Jesus doesent mean you are saved because even the devil believe" Jesus is Lord" you must confessed your sin and aknowleged Him.
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by timilehing(m): 8:31am On May 16, 2015
malvisguy212:
the grace of God is for all mankind, but not everybody accepts, if you read john 3:16 it indicate that grace is a gift to mankind through our Lord Jesus christ and the verse went on and say "whosoever believe in Him should not perish but have eternal life" meaning some MAY reject Jesus and some may accepts him.
To believe in Jesus doesent mean you are saved because even the devil believe" Jesus is Lord" you must confessed your sin and aknowleged Him.
Grace is for all & regardless of your beliefs. He's the God of all. Don't quote me again please
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by malvisguy212: 8:48am On May 16, 2015
timilehing:
Grace is for all & regardless of your beliefs. He's the God of all. Don't quote me again please
yes, that's the points I am making, Grace is for All mankind but not All accepts the grace of God, example some Jews reject christ. Hope you understand? Thank you.
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by Orikinla(m): 4:56pm On May 21, 2015
Wednesday, May 20, 2015

[size=18pt]Compassion and Kindness[/size]

"Be kind and compassionate [tenderhearted] to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."1

Michael Josephson of Character Counts shared how he "once read of a man on a subway with two young children who were being loud and unruly. The man seemed to ignore their behavior, so a fed-up passenger confronted him: 'Sir, don't you see how your children are disturbing everyone? How can you be so thoughtless?'

"The man sobbed, 'I'm so sorry. Their mom just died and I've been thinking of how we'll live without her.' In an instant the critic's self-righteousness turned to self-condemnation.

"Why is it that so many of us have to be hit over the head before we turn on our caring and empathy buttons?

"The next time you have the choice between being right and being kind, choose kindness."2

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please give me an understanding and compassionate heart so that I will always be kind when what is needed is understanding and kindness so that I will be 'more and more like Jesus in every way.' Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus's name, amen."

1. Ephesians 4:32 (NIV).
2. Michael Josephson, Character Counts, "Being Right or Being Kind." (533.5) www.charactercounts.org

<smiley)))><

NOTE: If you would like to accept God's forgiveness for all your sins and His invitation for a full pardon Click HERE http://www.actsweb.org/
Re: @christains.....please, Help Me Understand This Passage. by Nobody: 9:17am On May 22, 2015
God bless you too.

Anas09:
I love my Christian family. Godbless you all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thoughts On Religious Intolerance And Muslim - Christian Relations / Are You A Lawful Captive? / What Caused You To Become An Athiest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.