Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (16482 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU / Nairaland Interschool Debate Match Three: WINNER OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by veraponpo(m): 6:35pm On May 16, 2015
I really appreciate the OAU guys, you did a good job.

Kudos.

Great Ife
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:37pm On May 16, 2015
Great Ife rocks. The political discussions held in our rooms help.
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by papindinho(m): 6:45pm On May 16, 2015
Greatest Ife Articulate Ife! Kudos.....

Go ahead and win it all.....

In my opinion, decamping is a good omen to the pursuit of good governance. Even though, 60% of the defection as exhibited by our politicians are politically motivated as against the primacy of national interest and public good.

Reducing the humongous size from Nigeria as a whole to Oyo State, I would like to analyse the basic intent of most Nigerian politicians.

The downfall of People's Democratic Party (PDP) is conspicuous in Oyo state than anywhere else. At first, the party lost one of its big men in Sen. Adewolu Rasheed Oladoja, a politician widely loved by the civil servants of the state. Why did he decamp? Politics.

Few years after his defection, clash of interests ensued as there was not one thing like a modus vivendi among members of the party. The modus operandi has turned something else. I want this and you want it- both of us can't have it at the same time. Even though the question of why you want it more than I do can better be left. This was showcased by Sen. Teslim Folarin, Dr. Alao Akala and the youths' favourite, Engr. Seyi Makinde. Disgruntled members of the party left solely because they weren't granted the governorship ticket, hence their defection, leaving Teslim Folarin an empty and deserted house to lead in PDP in Oyo state.

Quite often, the decisions of politicians' defection are selfishly and politically inclined which is dangerous to our pursuit of good governance. Mere defection implies change of party but not change of character.

I would like to stand aside at this point and read from panoply of views held by fellow Nairalanders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by abdulkayus(m): 6:46pm On May 16, 2015
Wooooow, am impress, ABU representing well. Pls more university from the north should be included too. Universities like BUK, ATBU, UNIMAID and the rest.

3 Likes

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by skondo09(m): 6:49pm On May 16, 2015
kudos to Joseph Danjuma n all abusites on dis thread shoutout to all class 2014 esp U09ag..

4 Likes

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by skondo09(m): 6:52pm On May 16, 2015
!!ABUSITES!! Naturally Ahead

1 Like

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by solelymade: 7:02pm On May 16, 2015
lazsnaira:

Lol

I lost a rib laughing

How you gonna pay for my rib now?
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by solelymade: 7:03pm On May 16, 2015
lazsnaira:

Lol

I lost a rib laughing

How you gonna pay for my rib now?

Bros, no b laughing matter b dis o. Basically, it more of enlightening the audience, we ave been blessed by learning from dem.
Please I no fit pay 4 rib oo.....

1 Like

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by cally3D(m): 7:11pm On May 16, 2015
N' u expect mi 2 read all that?

1 Like

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by papindinho(m): 7:17pm On May 16, 2015
nice one Microflux.
@Miracy, Oluwatola5 and Bolaji73: my ogas, I salute you all o
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by Danjuma827(m): 7:21pm On May 16, 2015
solelymade:
Debaters please exercise sound knowledge of the use of the English language. Some of these are unnecessary
1. In my own way, I call decamping as political prostitution,....the usage of 'as'. Just put it, I call decamping political prostitution.
2. But before I proceed, however it is absolutely imperative....the usage of 'however', 'but' and 'imperative'[d same principle that applies to the word 'crucial' applies here] . Better written as, before I proceed, it is imperative.
We're all learning!!!
Thanks alot I am grateful for your observation and comment. Such mistakes won't repeat itself.

1 Like

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by kinibigdeal(m): 7:31pm On May 16, 2015
The use of vague language should be disallowed. The purpose of this organized debate should be to communicate to the readers with a reflection of comprehension and assertive conclusion. The moderator started with portmanteau and alphagram outlines that lack a simple "English collocations". Instead of using too many vocabularies, I will prefer future writers to use a glossary of terminology instead, in other for the readers to understand the message.

1 Like

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by Fynestboi: 7:33pm On May 16, 2015
kinibigdeal:
The use of vague language should be disallowed. The purpose of this organized debate should be to communicate to the readers with a reflection of comprehension and assertive conclusion. The moderator started with portmanteau and alphagram outlines that lack a simple "English collocations". Instead of using too many vocabularies, I will prefer future writers to use a glossary of terminology instead, in other for the readers to understand the message.

NOTED SIR.... smiley
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by boxypane(m): 7:35pm On May 16, 2015
My Love with the O.A.U team.
We should not negate the term "Decamp". Be that as it may, looking at the current maturity rate of our Democracy, it is imperative to forestall the freedom of movement whether by choice of self interest or in just for the favour of the masses at heart because it is a major tool for Political development and Maturity as it reflects to the constitution as stated by the speaker and also in line with freedom of movement. To throw a lime at its freshness, the current political exercise by pdpians into APC does not necessarily mean they are recognised for sensitive offices.
Change is d only constant thing, it is needed to move forward.
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by lazsnaira(m): 7:39pm On May 16, 2015
solelymade:

Bros, no b laughing matter b dis o. Basically, it more of enlightening the audience, we ave been blessed by learning from dem.
Please I no fit pay 4 rib oo.....

Of course you're right.

Reminds me of one of my lecturers then, who always insists he learns from us students whenever he is teaching us.

1 Like

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by free2ryhme: 7:50pm On May 16, 2015
Fynestboi:

i dont extrapolate this sir

You can't becos this is not matrix
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by falseman(m): 7:54pm On May 16, 2015
free2ryhme:

You can't becos this is not matrix

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by Miner13: 7:56pm On May 16, 2015
The oau representative have done so well in letting us know what decamping is all about and when it will yield good and bad dividends in a Democratic government. Nigeria has come a long way in democracy and decamping is no more a newborn. We have seen decamped politicians from different state who have won election. So you should have give example(s) of the goods benefited from it.

Thanks

Good piece keep the good work going
Microflux
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by smallrincowis16(m): 8:06pm On May 16, 2015
any way, I root for my school, OAU
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by GeneralB: 8:14pm On May 16, 2015
lets hear from the judges now..... undecided
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by Kaslino(m): 8:18pm On May 16, 2015
I must say that this is the most interesting debate on nairaland i have witnessed.Everyday,my conviction in the fact that Nairaland is more than just a chatroom gets strengthened with Posts,Topics and Debates such as these.I'm also proud of the representatives of both schools who have proven themselves as erudite scholars of Nigerian Politics most especially,the representatives of my School,OAU.Like Hidentity said,they have shown that OAU is no 2nd class school.
As a fresher in the Law faculty who would be resuming with a whole lot of students tomorrow,i can't help but ask to be mentored by the OAU Representatives because i see in them an oil field of knowledge which freshers like my humble self need to explore a little before their time on campus is done.I humbly request to Miracy,MicroFlux,Bolaji73 and Oluwatola93 the chance to be their acquaintance while i can before their time on the campus is over.This is my email address-oriekejoseph@yahoo.com and i look forward ro meeting them when i resume.
God bless Nairaland. [color=#000099][/color]

3 Likes

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by Miner13: 8:29pm On May 16, 2015
Danjuma you just let us know the motive behind most political decampee and what it cost the party involved

Try and relate the instability within the party to how the country will be govern

When the foundation is faulty the building will not stand the test of time
When there is instability within a party the country they govern will ................

Like I'm talking too muchmuch undecided
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by solelymade: 8:48pm On May 16, 2015
Danjuma827:
Thanks alot I am grateful for your observation and comment. Such mistakes won't repeat itself.
We will all be better for it
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by 2el(m): 8:57pm On May 16, 2015
Abusitee really doing a great job...
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by SmartHanif(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2015
Thumbs up Danjuma! We really appreciate ur efforts. Danfosites/Engine boiz send dia special regards.

2 Likes

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by Danjuma827(m): 9:15pm On May 16, 2015
SmartHanif:
Thumbs up Danjuma! We really appreciate ur efforts. Danfosites/Engine boiz send dia special regards.
thanks alot

1 Like

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by skondo09(m): 9:20pm On May 16, 2015
SmartHanif:
my neighbour 4rm Danfodio, agerboiz hail thee
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 16, 2015
GREAT IFE!!!grin
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by Funom001: 9:26pm On May 16, 2015
wow Danjuma's Essay was kul and nyc. the way he wrote and organised it. The preamble to the topic sentences to was kul.Not the less other OAU pals like micro flux did also well. kudos to you all. Danjuma's command of English was nyc and motivating.
Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by ademasta(m): 9:34pm On May 16, 2015
skondo09:
kudos to Joseph Danjuma n all abusites on dis thread
shoutout to all class 2014 esp U09ag..
Rep U09Elect/Elect... Greatest Abusites! Master P.

1 Like

Re: OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU by ademasta(m): 9:44pm On May 16, 2015
SmartHanif:
Thumbs up Danjuma!
We really appreciate ur efforts.
Danfosites/Engine boiz send dia special regards.
Master P hailing EngineBoys! Proudly an ABU Engineering Alumni!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2018/2019 Post UTME /admission / Federal Polytechnic Bida 2011/2012 Admission Is Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.