Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,313 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? (26263 Views)

16 First Class Graduates Get Automatic Employment In Taraba / Psychology Graduates, Get In Here / I Refused A 200k Per Month Job Because I Cannot Work Under A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Curvinus(m): 12:37pm On May 15, 2015
A lot of graduates are unemployed, practically earning next to nothing. So I'd not be surprised if they are forced to settle for crumbs. Its like standing between a rock and a hard place.
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by coconat(m): 12:37pm On May 15, 2015
[b]its a serious matter! dont know where this country is heading to. In any case,i am a graduate and need info on how to get an area that is densely populated so i can do business. I repair phones and laptops and am very good at this skill. Pls anybody with useful info?
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Gboliwe: 12:37pm On May 15, 2015
talk2yommex2000:
Bro, i no go mention any school name here but i know of a school (though not a secondary but nur/pry sch) not paying up to 6k in a month, especially for newly employed teachers. Nigeria....Good People, Great Nation.

Are those teachers graduates or just passing6?

@topic, i'll rather do a volunteer job than take a 6k job as a graduate. And before you try to crucify me, I have volunteered in several organisations and I wasn't paid a dime as wage or salary. Atleast, I came and went as it pleased me and I wasn't tied down by yeye rules or badbelle of anybody.

I got the experience I needed, got the connection I needed and when the time came, I moved. No regrets. My idea of "start small" does not include this kind of wicked salary

9 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 15, 2015
steppin:
Be self-employed, that's the best thing.
How many people have you helped become self-employed and how many more do you intend helping now... sad

...kindly drop your number because some peeps are willing but got no capital for it cool cool

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by trigar12(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2015
i know graduates that are being paid within 30-40k .... Most graduate will shout Halleluyah shocked when they mistakenly hear 60k (some graduates, not all) ...... There is scarcity of job in Nigeria. Working in Nigeria has to do with the people you know.

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Jorussia(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2015
Yes,that's true,in benin city graduates earn that amount in private schools.
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by sweetval: 12:38pm On May 15, 2015
U dey pay person less than 6k in a month and hw d hell in he suppose to fend for himself wit that.. God dey sha....
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by VickyRotex(f): 12:38pm On May 15, 2015
artisticallyart:
Una dey shout, how about those that do not pay(owe you salary) and pay less than half of the total money owed.
There is a school located on the the mainland in Lagos, #3500 for graduate, #2000 for non-teaching staff.

You dont mean it? What? Shey na per day abi half a week undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Kk4(m): 12:39pm On May 15, 2015
And some people will go to club and blow millions..

I wonder when we will get it right in this country.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 15, 2015
Gboliwe:

Are those teachers graduates or just passing6?

@topic, i'll rather do a volunteer job than take a 6k job as a graduate. And before you try to crucify me, I have volunteered in several organisations and I wasn't paid a dime as wage or salary. Atleast, I came and went as it pleased me and I wasn't tied down by yeye rules or badbelle of anybody.

I got the experience I needed, got the connection I needed and when the time came, I moved. No regrets. My idea of "start small" does not include this kind of wicked salary
... cool cool cool cool smiley
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Skynet247(m): 12:40pm On May 15, 2015
nahh for me... I was asked to teach some students just basic computer... for 27k per month... I refuse.. because thank God for internet... fiverr and binary makes me very selective... and am just a secondary school graduate... if I come become university graduate... e go worse oooo....

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by stepo707: 12:42pm On May 15, 2015
Na him I reject 75k job.ooga o
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Ghost01(m): 12:42pm On May 15, 2015
One day, the poor will have nothing left to eat but ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 15, 2015
YOUR INCOME VS YOUR EXPENSES.
If I ask you how many are your regular expenses, you may not be able to give an instant answer until you pick up a pen and list them. Why? They are very many! And that is just the regular and predictable ones. How about the unforeseen ones? What if I also ask, how many sources of income do you have? Will it take so long before you answer? No! Why? Not as many. May be just one or two. Again, how often and at what rate does your present source(s) grow? Is it corresponding to the rate and how often your expenses show up? Mostly no! The reality is that while expenses come uninvited, you must take conscious effort before income comes. Living has costs! That is why you hear cost of living. What are you doing at the moment to increase your income level? In a country where almost all infrastructures are provided by the individuals, you can be sure that it is not safe to depend on one income or sit and not do anything to augment your income. While it is normal to blame the government as we always do, has that in anyway changed the situation? No! Someone says the new government will change all that. Well I hope so too. That was how we have been hoping since 1999 and seriously we should keep hope alive. But while we do that, age is counting and responsibilities are mounting. I was a teenager in 1999, now I'm a father! If this new administration will usher in our age-long elusive desires I will be so glad. But, suppose they are there for the next 8years and they fail like previous ones! How old would I be by 2023? God forbid the situation remains as it is in our public universities. Will you be able to afford the cost of private school education for your children by then? If you say you will manage the public universities like that for your children not minding the incessant strikes, what of the challenge of securing admission? Even public universities education is getting costly for the average Nigerian. While we pray, lets take some steps. May God bless our efforts. Amen. What inspired this write up? I just got alerted on my UBA account from my second income as I do every two weeks and it's open to every interested person. It costs me N3,000 to start but God is using it to help me gradually. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by tolexy007(m): 12:43pm On May 15, 2015
o ga, those plpp who hav job with better pay don't no what God has really done for dem..Well let me say Tank you Jesus for mine. Thank You Jesus. click like if u are with me on diz, hit share if u don't care

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by castruccio(m): 12:45pm On May 15, 2015
steppin:
Be self-employed, that's the best thing.

Tru talk ooo ... Imagine person lyk me de earn 6k even 40k sef too small bt wen one is self employed you can make ur money according to how you work

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by babatgtr: 12:45pm On May 15, 2015
nawa ooo
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by expozey(f): 12:46pm On May 15, 2015
My first salary as a graduate working in a primary school was #7000. So I'm not surprised at the op's story

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by themodernman: 12:46pm On May 15, 2015
I'm employing 5 waitresses to my new beer parlour business.

Salary is 20k/month. Worktime from 4pm - 12 midnight.

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by VickyRotex(f): 12:46pm On May 15, 2015
What? undecided

Honestly as hard as it may seem, being self employed/being an entrepreneur seems to be the best. Tho it pays more when you are a focused, determined, persevered, risk taker.

But I know not all can do that. Some will be due to capital limitation. But you dont have to start big. I'm very sure if the person receiving 6k per month had started a mini business, e.g selling of stationeries/frozen stuffs, his/her gain will be more than that 6k in a month.

Or even learn a skill, like making of bags and shoes, making/selling of snacks. Catering services et all...

Even when I was serving, my PPA payed 10k. Not to say a full graduate. Saddening angry

Oga ooo angry
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by steppin: 12:48pm On May 15, 2015
chimkaire:
How many people have you helped become self-employed and how many more do you intend helping now... sad

...kindly drop your number because some peeps are willing but got no capital for it cool cool
You go wait long na.
I worked hard to get the little I have now, and no one helped me then. I did the hustling on my own.
So I'll advise them(you inclusive) to do the same.
Nothing good comes easy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by ReachRich(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2015
My people its true. Some graduates earn below N10,000 in 9ja.Our graduates are really suffering. Our legislooters should put up laws that mandate private organisations to either pay the min wage of N18k or risk being shut down by the government. The private organisations take advantage of the fact that there are no jobs to pay their employees anything they feel like. This is unfair & should be stopped.

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Donpizzle(m): 12:52pm On May 15, 2015
whr chichi mke she com follow me say wetin I dey c ooo. she dey complain say na JUST 25k dem dey pay am for her school, by d time she go c dis post ehn, na thanksgivin she go give for church.smh
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 15, 2015
Some wey no get job nko?

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by jieta: 12:54pm On May 15, 2015
artisticallyart:
Una dey shout, how about those that do not pay(owe you salary) and pay less than half of the total money owed.
There is a school located on the the mainland in Lagos, #3500 for graduate, #2000 for non-teaching staff.
lies frm the pit of hellshocked

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 15, 2015
steppin:

You go wait long na.
I worked hard to get the little I have now, and no one helped me then. I did the hustling on my own.
So I'll advise them(you inclusive) to do the same.
Nothing good comes easy.
You should have sounded this way earlier on. Maybe, you didn't think it through to know many are willing but can't. Oh, you big now? You can still employ those you are encouraging wink
Sorry, I aint employable wink cool

1 Like

Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Donpizzle(m): 12:55pm On May 15, 2015
coconat:
[b]its a serious matter! dont know where this country is heading to. In any case,i am a graduate and need info on how to get an area that is densely populated so i can do business. I repair phones and laptops and am very good at this skill. Pls anybody with useful info?

go to ladipo or computer village.
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by deltateam: 12:55pm On May 15, 2015
drnairalov:
no graduate is paid that.

but

If i marry Amaka DURU with her 800k salary, we shall both be earning a combined salary of 815k. Not bad

Funny, yet true. So when are we coming for wedding?
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 15, 2015
per1:
Five Subjects, pay #6k. In kd
Is that Ikorodu? Nigerians are suffering and smiling.... While Indians milk us dry!!!
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Deprofessional(m): 12:58pm On May 15, 2015
fbtowner:
its the fault of those graduate who took the job, their are other things you can do and earn more than 6k

most graduate no nothing after book, all they know is book and that is the reason they found their life useless if they cant get a job

thank God for my life #just saying

The question we should ask is how many hours does he/she put in the teaching in a week? Most of these low paying private school teachers don't really do anything in school. They hardly spend up to 2 hours in the school in a day. Some of them come to school only 2 days in a week with a lot of excuses for the other days in the week.

So, before we conclude that N6,000.00 is nothing, we also have to look at their responsibilities in their respective work places.
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by maryhaam(f): 1:00pm On May 15, 2015
It is well
Re: Graduates Get Paid As Low As #6000 Per Month In Nigeria? by Donpizzle(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2015
stepo707:
Na him I reject 75k job.ooga o
tarh na lieee

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2018 WAEC Marking Date And Centres Released! / Nairalanders Epic reply to a UAE Job scam / Nigerian Airforce List Of Successful Candidates For 2017 Recruitment Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.