Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! (50261 Views)

GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government / Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away / Why Are Banks Not Opened Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 15, 2015
kennygee:

I was copied.
How does it work?
How do I get on the panel o
What I'm I to be doing there?

U are not among the panel.

U are guest lol.

U can ask question when the floor is declared open to ask questions.
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by gtswt(f): 5:20pm On May 15, 2015
Hello All
The reason for the rush is due to the mouth watering discount on all items in stock. Take a little girls ball dress that goes for 5k-7k selling @ 2,999 yesterday till 24th May 2015.
Who nor like awhof?
Even in the US, haven't u heard of big stores eg Walmart and co.. during black Friday sales, hw whites and blacks rush in to be the first to enjoy such discounts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Lagusta(m): 5:21pm On May 15, 2015
Lobolintin:
Ya hahahaha waiting patiently for northern primitives states

There is shop rite in kano and Kaduna, and they conduct themselves with dignity....

Why call hausas primitive

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by sokera: 6:00pm On May 15, 2015
Now I know more ppl than are local more than the Ibadan ppl ...
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 15, 2015
mayorkyzo:
Una too do know know..which one be warri which one be effurun..mtschewwwww
I fear the guy o! As far as am concerned Effurun, Warri and Udu are all part of the Warri metropolis. Moreover, there's no more land in Warri to build a gigantic structure like this. The only place that has such free land is Effurun

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by dragon2(m): 6:32pm On May 15, 2015
e be like say I go start shopleft cheesy

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by etiosapeacepe(m): 7:14pm On May 15, 2015
all u laffing d people in dis pix, especially d last pix... Na warri u dei oh... If u dull ur property go dissapear like willi willi..... #WaFfarIAn till i qUenCh

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 15, 2015
OgagaMic:

Yea u re correct bt we all are one so its not wrong calling Effurun warri

We re 1
would i be right if i opt to call 'oleh' 'ozoro' simply because they are both isoko towns and have close proximity? No, right? If i can't, then you would, in the same vein, be wrong if you call "effurun" "warri" as both are different towns with distinct names like oleh and ozoro; their proximity notwithstanding.

I never said we are not one. For obviously we are (never mind an average ijaw man doesn't agree with an average itsekiri man). On the contrary, I'm only drawing attention to an often repeated specious fib which really should be corrected - that effurun and warri are two different towns like you were honest enough to accept.

Bamz:

Wow insightful
Thanks.
Good to know there are still folks left who are sucker for hard karnel facts and not some assumption-fuelled, mummy-told-me stories.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by persius555(m): 7:16pm On May 15, 2015
Epaul:
@OP shoprite is not in warri. It's actually in effurun, a stone throw from where i stay.

Funny pics though.

Modified:
A great many folks tend to confuse effurun for warri and very often inter-change both. Maybe, because both cities have close proximity and are actually commutable from one another.
Fact is they both are two compeletely different cities, sitting on different local governments. While Effurun is under uwvie local government, warri is under Warri South.
Warri is not effurun no more than Abraka can be called ukwani.
Warri to ekpan then onward to effurun is not upto 10km. For all we care and to outsiders both are in the same cosmopolitan area. Why emphasie the disparity.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by UfuosLaLa: 7:24pm On May 15, 2015
Epaul:
sure 'na we we' chairman.
You can be rest assured i was not being tribalistic in the least when i said warri is quite distinct from effurun. It was little more than saying oleh and ozoro are two different towns. You get?
The emboldened in your post is very correct. But it still, you will agree, doesn't derogate from the fact that they are different towns, cities if you like.
At any rate "We all na one" (even if we have to feign it)

i've heard of Odion. Where exactly is it?.
I guess u know Warri city stadium, cemetery road, the popular Iyara st. Etc. This is Odion area in what I'll like to call old Warri. As history goes, it was established in ancient times by the founders of Agbarha-Ame presently in Warri metropolis before they advanced to found the seven major communities which make up Agbarha-Ame or Agbarha-Warri as it is mostly called presently with Otovwodo(Agbassah) as it's headquarters. The name Odion is an Urhobo word associated with Elders or ancestors. There is still some 'native' presence of Okere-Urhobo people presently with a few Itsekiri families around *cleans sweat*.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by UfuosLaLa: 7:34pm On May 15, 2015
LKO:

Meanwhile, FUPRE is not in Effurun. FUPRE is in UGBOMRO, a town in Uvwie Local Govt. U see the gist na. All small nearby towns in Warri can be referred to Warri when u are outside Delta State.

Even the guy quarrelling, would also tell his friend in Abuja that he leaves in Warri, meanwhile he stays in Effurun. Funny. Proudly a Waffarian.
Bros, i know nearly all the boundaries around Warri. FUPRE is actually located within Ugbomro territory BUT it is called FUPRE(federal university of petroleum resources EFFURUN) and yes it is quite alright, afterall Effurun is the traditional headquarters of Uvwie.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 15, 2015
Epaul:
would i be right if i opt to call 'oleh' 'ozoro' simply because they are both isoko towns and have close proximity? No, right? If i can't, then you would, in the same vein, be wrong if you call "effurun" "warri" as both are different towns with distinct names like oleh and ozoro; their proximity notwithstanding.

I never said we are not one. For obviously we are (never mind an average ijaw man doesn't agree with an average itsekiri man). On the contrary, I'm only drawing attention to an often repeated specious fib which really should be corrected. That effurun and warri are two different towns like you were honest enough to accept.

Thanks.
Good to know there are still folks left who are sucker for hard karnel facts and not some assumption-fueled, mummy-told-me stories.

WO Omo Ru Vwie ?
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Cherlene(f): 7:53pm On May 15, 2015
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 15, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
I guess u know Warri city stadium, cemetery road, the popular Iyara st. Etc. This is Odion area in what I'll like to call old Warri. As history goes, it was established in ancient times by the founders of Agbarha-Ame presently in Warri metropolis before they advanced to found the seven major communities which make up Agbarha-Ame or Agbarha-Warri as it is mostly called presently with Otovwodo(Agbassah) as it's headquarters. The name Odion is an Urhobo word associated with Elders or ancestors. There is still some 'native' presence of Okere-Urhobo people presently with a few Itsekiri families around *cleans sweat*.
Impressive. You deserve a bottle of orijin for your trouble.
Thanks for the education. Will do a further reading on it.
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by UfuosLaLa: 8:01pm On May 15, 2015
Epaul:
I'll not stoop to call you a mentally r.etard fellow even though you clearly reason like one.

Look at the emboldened in your post and see how silly you sound! Are you just dumb or you just elected to be one today?

Now listen! Uvwie and warri south are two different local governments legally recognised in delta state.

Let me ask you.
if uvwie and warri south are one, how come they both have two different local government chairmen? I know you will want to inanely tell me that warri has two local government chairmen. ('e no hard u do'). You now see how much of a fatuous i.mbecile you are.? You have not seen it? Ok.

If uvwie and warri are one, how come they get different allocations from the state government? Is that not enough proof you are silly?

If uvwie and warri are one and the same cities, how come they have two members in the state house of assembly? I guess you obviously don't know there can only be one representative from which each local government.

for they fact uvwie and warri are speciously often referred to as one by a few ignorant folks doesn't mean they actually are. They remain two different local government ovwie local government and warri south local government.
But the truth of the matter is the growth of a metropolis does not recognise local govt. Boundaries, my claim it is very clear in the case of Warri and even more glaring in Benin-city. I hail o.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 15, 2015
ah dey warri ooo...i nr go

ah rada go nd buy from okere market or main market dan shoprite

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by UfuosLaLa: 8:09pm On May 15, 2015
Epaul:
Impressive. You deserve a bottle of orijin for trouble.
Thanks for the education. Will do a further reading on it.
Hehehehehe very little is documented about Odion but i think i can do something about it in the near future, lol.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by SexyNairalander: 8:24pm On May 15, 2015

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by tottinova: 8:31pm On May 15, 2015
"illiteracy" just see how Nigerians dey pack like sey na iPhone dem dey dash
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 15, 2015
Happens everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Juvante(m): 9:54pm On May 15, 2015
Cherlene:

@ Juvante

You are most LIKELY joyful ey.

Cherlene
I am ambivalent about the whole idea. I always shop at Shoprite Grand Towers at Apo or the outlet at Wuse, all in Abuja when I am in town, and their prices are fair and the quality and authenticity of goods is guaranteed. That is a plus.
But on the negative side, it will destroy the small businesses that are thriving in that area, especially the great Effurun Market which has existed for centuries. Apart from food groceries which comes from nearby villages, I can assure you that the small time traders will wiped out in the nearest future, due to competition. The cost of transporting from the market to the Shoprite outlet is about 30 to 50 naira by public transport, and the distance is less than 5 minutes!
It is one of the bitter price of globalization, the large companies gobbling up the smaller business entities, and no one seems to care!

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by LKO(m): 9:55pm On May 15, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
Bros, i know nearly all the boundaries around Warri. FUPRE is actually located within Ugbomro territory BUT it is called FUPRE(federal university of petroleum resources EFFURUN) and yes it is quite alright, afterall Effurun is the traditional headquarters of Uvwie.

Hahahaha, funny. Again u lie. Effurun is the administrative capital/headquarter of Uvwie. The traditional headquarter of Uvwie is Ekpan. Are u frm Uvwie?
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 15, 2015
OgagaMic:

WO Omo Ru Vwie ?
ejoh.
I'm from a different stock.
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Juvante(m): 10:31pm On May 15, 2015
tosag:
I fear the guy o! As far as am concerned Effurun, Warri and Udu are all part of the Warri metropolis. Moreover, there's no more land in Warri to build a gigantic structure like this. The only place that has such free land is Effurun
Stop spreading lies online. It is obvious that you are ignorant of the location of Warri.
1. Warri boundary starts from Enerhen junction to NPA and ends at Express junction,which is in Ekpan, also, the boundary from Edjeba also ends at the NNPC Housing Complex bridge. Onwards, you are in Ekpan,which is in Uvwie Kingdom,ruled by HRH Abe 1, a retired CBN director, while the city of Warri was split by military fiat, into four kingdoms, after years of bitter acrimony and court litigation by the Agbarha Urhobo and Okere Urhobo communities and the Ogbe Ijaw people against the Itsekiri people, by Navy Capt. Walter Feghabo,the last military administrator of Delta State.
Contrary to the knowledge of non- residents that Warri is homogeneous, there are four kingdoms in cosmopolitan Warri alone, the Agbarha Kingdom, the Okere Urhobo kingdom, the Ogbe Ijaw kingdom, and the Itsekiri Kingdom.
2. From Enerhen junction ( which is jointly claimed by both Uvwie and Udu Kingdoms,though the community speaks fluent Udu dialect of Urhobo language), to the left is Effurun-Sapele Road which ends at the Shoprite outlet, and to the right, the road leads to either Enerhen community,or if you deviate to the right along the road,it leads to the heart of Udu Kingdom, where lies the Delta Steel Company, which bestrides the Ovwian and Aladja (my maternal village) communities. There are royal fathers, HRH Okaka 1 in Ohruwonrun and HRH Delekpe 1, my maternal uncle,at Otor Udu,the capital of Udu Kingdom.
@ all Warriginals on Nairaland, ( warri guys are the only original guys, and all Nigerians knows that),I troway 24 gunshots! Una too much!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Juvante(m): 10:39pm On May 15, 2015
Cherlene:

@ Juvante

You are most LIKELY joyful ey.

Cherlene
I am ambivalent about the whole idea. I always shop at Shoprite Grand Towers at Apo or the outlet at Wuse, all in Abuja when I am in town, and their prices are fair and the quality and authenticity of goods is guaranteed. That is a plus.
But on the negative side, it will destroy the small businesses that are thriving in that area, especially the great Effurun Market which has existed for centuries. Apart from food groceries which comes from nearby villages, I can assure you that the small time traders will wiped out in the nearest future, due to competition. The cost of transporting from the market to the Shoprite outlet is about 30 to 50 naira by public transport, and the distance is less than 5 minutes!
It is one of the bitter price of globalization, the large companies gobbling up the smaller business entities, and no one seems to care!

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by UfuosLaLa: 10:48pm On May 15, 2015
LKO:

Hahahaha, funny. Again u lie. Effurun is the administrative capital/headquarter of Uvwie. The traditional headquarter of Uvwie is Ekpan. Are u frm Uvwie?
Eprhon(Effurun) is the traditional headquarters of Uvwie don't argue that with me,The location of the Ovie's Palace in Effurun is a visible proof to my claim so u have to make more research. I'm not from Uvwie but I'm a full blood Urhobo citizen, wa do.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Juvante(m): 10:56pm On May 15, 2015
tosag:
As for the location, the Shoprite was sited on that piece of land; due to its proximity and accessibility from Sapele, Oghara, Mosogar, Ughelli,Udu, Agbarho, and of course, Warri. The Effurun Roundabout is the only spot that can offer such a vista. That land and other vast portion of lands along the Refinery road,which also house a Naval Air wing, was actually acquired for the siting of the Nigerian Defence Academy ( NDA), but it was moved by our Northern brothers to Kaduna for reasons best known to them. It is on record that that piece of land was sold by the Ministry of Defence for 2 billion naira,and a dime was not paid to the host community. The matter ended in court,and the construction was stalled until the operators agreed with the Uvwie Kingdom to settle out of court. It is in public records.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by LKO(m): 10:57pm On May 15, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
Eprhon(Effurun) is the traditional headquarters of Uvwie don't argue that with me,The location of the Ovie's Palace in Effurun is a visible proof to my claim so u have to make more research. I'm not from Uvwie but I'm a full blood Urhobo citizen, wa do.

Because ovie palace is in Effurun, does nt make Effurun d traditional headquarter of Uvwie. Go ask elders in Uvwie and thank me later. Enjoy!
Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 15, 2015
LKO:

Not necessary. Na so u dey insult people for real life? Too bad.
what's your definition of insult?
LKO:
Outside Delta State, Agbarho, Effurun, Ekpan Udu are all referred to as Warri.
lol. your argument is not that effurun and warri are one in actuality but that they are referred to as warri outside Delta. How such a squirm can you be? Doesn't this your statement underpinned my claim that effurun and warri are not one and the same cities even though they are used inter-changeably by most ignorant folks?
To you who live in Delta state is Agbarho, effurun and warri the same town? You and I know that claim is skewed at best. Read what you wrote after you claimed effurun and warri are one city
LKO:
Hahahaha, funny. Again u lie. [b]Effurun is the administrative capital/headquarter of Uvwie.[b] The traditional headquarter of Uvwie is Ekpan. Are u frm Uvwie?
If effurun is the administrative capital of uvwie local government area as you just wrote, how come effurun is still the same city with warri which is in a different local government altogether? Isn't that clearly an inconsistent claims?

LKO:
The last time I checked, it is Warri Airport and not Osubi Airport.[/b]Read the flimflam you wrote there. Do you honestly believe your own lie? Osubi airport is and always has been so called. Osubi airport is Osubi Aiport. Never warri airport. [quote author=LKO post=33767226]U probably would tell ur friend on phone that u stay in Warri, but u leave in Effurun. U would also claim to be a Warri boy, but according to u, u stay in Effurun.
you must be omniscient to have known i tell my friends that i stay in warri. Your problem is you assume awful alot. And assumption really is the lowest form of knowledge. At least you could have checked my location on my profile before putting your thumbs to keypads. But no. You didn't. You were too in a haste to type. It seems you are allergic to facts.
LKO:
So leave that matter. Proudly Effurun/ warri.
effurun/warri? Lol. What about ughelli/oleh? You definitely need 'laying of legs'. But before then, receive sense in Jesus Name!

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by Juvante(m): 11:07pm On May 15, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
He doesn't understand Urhobo traditions,if not,he should know that the great grove of Iroko trees that is found in the central shrine of a Kingdom grows only at the capital! The Effurun shrine located at the market, is the central shrine headed by the Chief Priest of Uvwie Kingdom. Perhaps, he wants to compare the size of the shrine located before Afieki Street, Ekpan, to the one at Effurun Market, the size of Ekpan market to that of Effurun Market, which is ludicrous!
I am actually surprised that someone will say that Ekpan,(which is traditionally run by the former Usiavwe of Uvwie Kingdom,and currently the Unuevworo, Chief Newton Agbofodoh,a king maker) is the capital of Uvwie Kingdom.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by UfuosLaLa: 11:19pm On May 15, 2015
Juvante:

Stop spreading lies online. It is obvious that you are ignorant of the location of Warri.
1. Warri boundary starts from Enerhen junction to NPA and ends at Express junction,which is in Ekpan, also, the boundary from Edjeba also ends at the NNPC Housing Complex bridge. Onwards, you are in Ekpan,which is in Uvwie Kingdom,ruled by HRH Abe 1, a retired CBN director, while the city of Warri was split by military fiat, into four kingdoms, after years of bitter acrimony and court litigation by the Agbarha Urhobo and Okere Urhobo communities and the Ogbe Ijaw people against the Itsekiri people, by Navy Capt. Walter Feghabo,the last military administrator of Delta State.
Contrary to the knowledge of non- residents that Warri is homogeneous, there are four kingdoms in cosmopolitan Warri alone, the Agbarha Kingdom, the Okere Urhobo kingdom, the Ogbe Ijaw kingdom, and the Itsekiri Kingdom.
2. From Enerhen junction ( which is jointly claimed by both Uvwie and Udu Kingdoms,though the community speaks fluent Udu dialect of Urhobo language), to the left is Effurun-Sapele Road which ends at the Shoprite outlet, and to the right, the road leads to either Enerhen community,or if you deviate to the right along the road,it leads to the heart of Udu Kingdom, where lies the Delta Steel Company, which bestrides the Ovwian and Aladja (my maternal village) communities. There are royal fathers, HRH Okaka 1 in Ohruwonrun and HRH Delekpe 1, my maternal uncle,at Otor Udu,the capital of Udu Kingdom.
@ all Warriginals on Nairaland, ( warri guys are the only original guys, and all Nigerians knows that),I troway 24 gunshots! Una too much!
Hmmm i must confess u have a good Knowledge of the area. But i think the guy u quoted is right to say the mentioned areas are part of METROPOLITAN Warri. The Warri airport is at Osubi(Okpe L.G), Warri refinery at Ekpan(Uvwie L.G), and Warri shoprite is at Effurun(Uvwie L.G) etc. L.G.As jurisdiction does not affect or influence the growth and boundaries of a Metropolis like the one Warri has become. Old warri is made up of Agbarha-Ame, Okere-Urhobo and some Itsekiri communities; Ogbe-Ijaw(Warri south-west L.G) is not part of old Warri but metropolitan warri and Enerhen is a Pure Udu community belonging to the Urhedjor Sub-Clan(consisting of Opete, Okpaka and Enerhen) of Udu but is presently in Uvwie L.G for administrative purposes as a result of boundary adjustment(remember Enerhen is the only Udu community across the Warri river).

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! by UfuosLaLa: 11:32pm On May 15, 2015
LKO:

Because ovie palace is in Effurun, does nt make Effurun d traditional headquarter of Uvwie. Go ask elders in Uvwie and thank me later. Enjoy!
U are the one who need to ask elders and thank me later. So the traditional Ephron market and central shrine are not enough proofs? It is clear u don't understand Urhobo culture, no hard feelings abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bar Manager Walks Out Underage Boys Who Came To Drink Beer In His Bar / Floating Naira: Importers Abandon Tokunbo Cars At Seaport / What Can One Do Legally To Be Financially Independent In 2021?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.