Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos (27429 Views)

12 Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re 100% Qualified) / The Rigorous Processes Of Some Job Interviews In Nigeria / 9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 18, 2015
By this time next month I will secure my federal job in jesus name~amen.

Receive jobs in jesus name!

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by EDhims(m): 4:53pm On May 18, 2015
Tbells91:
My question is: is it OK to use one cover letter for all your applications?

D ideal thing is u have to write to suit where u are submitting ur cover letter to, #amstillalearnerthough

1 Like

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by afton: 4:53pm On May 18, 2015
Forget a traditional job and just become a webcam model at GIRLSDOCAM - make big money without the BS
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 18, 2015
It depends on the content of your cover letter Sir
Tbells91:
My question is: is it OK to use one cover letter for all your applications?
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Ajiowe: 5:02pm On May 18, 2015
Well done, you made a good revelation on job seeking. Thank you very much.
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 18, 2015
Yea.Also,like what someone above said,don't joke with social gatherings and meetings you find yourself. Develop your interpersonal skill and reach out to people.Get to know people you come in contact with cos your network to an extend determines your net worth
Rexphobia:
I was hoping to see a detailed listing....Nice write up though
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 18, 2015
You are welcome
Ajiowe:
Well done, you made a good revelation on job seeking. Thank you very much.
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by themodernman: 5:06pm On May 18, 2015
doctorken:
Hello fellow nairalanders especially the job seekers I've got good news for you.I want to reveal a very little secret that will get you employed before the end of June.

I understand that the mindset an average graduate in Nigeria has is that there is no job in Nigeria and you really need to know someone before you get a Job.Quote me anywhere,there are lots of jobs in Nigeria especially Lagos,it's just that most graduates are not informed(there is no mountain anywhere,every man's mountain is his Ignorance,Bishop David Olaniyi).

3 weeks ago,when two new staff were introduced to older staff of my Company,I was just wondering to myself that people keep on saying there is no job while others are changing Jobs anyhow.

As a fresh graduate,your topmost goal should be getting your first job,It does not matter if the pay ain't on the high side, the most important thing is that you are working and taking care of your basic needs.

From my observation,employers are sceptical about employing fresh graduates(especially those who have stayed at home for long after NYSC),the reason is not far fetched,they believe that fresh graduates do not have the requisite skills that will start bringing value immediately to their Company once they are employed.

Hence,if you know you are a fresh graduate and you know within yourself that you dont really have the skill(s) but you just want an opportunity to be trained while working I will advice you start with the one you see.There are lots of marketing jobs in Lagos,some even pay 50k/month for fresh graduates,yet some graduates look at it with disdain and want that Oil/Government job. Don"t get me wrong,I am not against you working in an Oil Firm or following your dream Company,my point is dont be idle(involve yourself even if it is a voluntary job),In the process of working in your first Company/Organisation,you will meet people who can turn your job story around.

In Conclusion,visit websites of different Companies of your choice,go to their career page and submit both your Cover Letter and CV(even if there is no vacancy for you),believe you me once there is an opening,you will be the first person the Company will contact for an interview and definitely you won't have much competitors for that job.My Story

(Do not strive to be successful,strive to add value........Albert Einsten).

Good pep talk but the youth of nowadays no go hear word...na fast schemes & "dont dull" mentality na hin scatter their brain.

Meanwhile vacancy for 5 cute & sexy waitresses for a mini-club business.

Pay is 20k/month.

Work time is: 5pm-dawn.

Prerequisite: Beauty & Brain.
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 18, 2015
That's great.It is a giant stride and is worth emulating.
buzquet:
Thank you OP. BT I av my own biznes dt am running.
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by jaymdee(m): 5:11pm On May 18, 2015
medamillion:
Why should I apply for jobs in the first place?
Can't I create jobs?
*walks out of thread*
Have you created one yet?
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Ayjos10(m): 5:13pm On May 18, 2015
Dis land is nt for sell

make i go dust my CV
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Rapsodee(m): 5:16pm On May 18, 2015
medamillion:
Can't I create jobs?
*walks out of thread*
You can!
How many have you created?
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 18, 2015
Are you unemployed?If you are I want to use you to proof what I am saying.Send me a PM so we can connect and before the end of this month or early next month you will be invited for interviews but hope you will be able to represent sha.What did you study?
spoilerx:

you haven't said anything new
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by izzy4shizzy(m): 5:20pm On May 18, 2015
medamillion:
Can't I create jobs?
*walks out of thread*

and how do u plan to fund ur new job monetery wise nd experience wise.. if u dnt gain or lern sumtin from sumone first

1 Like

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by izzy4shizzy(m): 5:24pm On May 18, 2015
Holywizard:
i need a job!!!!

Dear God pls i pray dat as soon as i graduate pls set my table wit job offers in Jesus name....

Say 'AMEN' with ur 'LIKES'

u r only prayin for ur sef na!! oya now like if u personalise the prayer
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by medamillion(m): 5:25pm On May 18, 2015
Rapsodee:
You can!
How many have you created?
My mindset is to be on the path of job creation and not the contrary...mark my prophecy "A day will come that I will quote you again and remind you of this post

jaymdee:

Have you created one yet?
I am on the vanguard of creating one
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Joettti: 5:26pm On May 18, 2015
medamillion:
Can't I create jobs?
*walks out of thread*

No vex abeg make you stay!  =))˚°◦ see as laff <//>. won . comot my
_\\_ waist
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 18, 2015
are you a fresh graduate or you are currently serving?Also what did you study?Identify Companies in line with your course of Study(especially medium size companies),go to them and tell them that you will like to work with them and that your focus is not the salary,that you just want to put to practise all the things you learnt in School.That sums it
link2jude:
Nice one OP

but in connection to voluntary jobs, where or which office can one go to in search of such jobs? Please your advice is urgently needed.
Thank you.
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 18, 2015
I beg to disagree Sir.It is about Information.How Informed are you about Job vacancies in different companies.Also about the requisite skill you possess.
rayofhope:
Jobs in nigeria is all about man no man...
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Horlawale1(m): 5:31pm On May 18, 2015
Thanks
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by medamillion(m): 5:52pm On May 18, 2015
izzy4shizzy:

and how do u plan to fund ur new job monetery wise nd experience wise.. if u dnt gain or lern sumtin from sumone first
My answer is just in a word..."Skills"
*Monetary wise: Once I've got the needed skills, before setting up my business through the skills acquired, I would make sure I use this specialty to earn a living even before gaining freedom from my boss.

*[b]Experience Wise:[/b]I will get the needed experience in the process of my learning, because I would be serving people during the course of the skills acquisition. "SERVICE" is the key.

Mind you, I have gone through the above named steps...though I earn my living, and meet up with neccessities for now, but the next thing is "building my business beyond earning a living for myself and making sure others earn a living through my business"

So, why do I have to apply for any job?
Why do I have to learn how to write good "CV" on nairaland?

Our problems as youths of today, based on my observation, we want to pull the cart before the horse...we put ego before vision and determination

1 Like

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by nickyvil: 5:53pm On May 18, 2015
Nice write up though
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by ednut1(m): 5:57pm On May 18, 2015
be proactive and shine ur eye,my eyes opened when my friend got info on NL and gatecrashed .while i was home chilling, naso me self open eye. d most annoying set of pple are d ones that have BIS/data and will never see job adverts, onl to ask u, how u applied, gave 2 sites to a friend who had first class in mech engine, the mumu only checked twice and dump d sites, only to tell me i( an accounting grad) shud be updating him on engine job adverts shior

2 Likes

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by medamillion(m): 5:58pm On May 18, 2015
Joettti:

No vex abeg make you stay!  =))˚°◦ see as laff <//>. won . comot my
_\\_ waist
He who laughs last, laughs best...laff on dear
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 18, 2015
In this information age when you can sit in the comfort of your home and make good money, why take a useless job that cannot cover your transport per month? Right here in Nigeria, I registered with N3,000 on a platform and get paid every two weeks for just sharing the information as I'm doing now. I mean my UBA bank account in naira. No website! If you like to do the simplest, cheapest and easiest way making money in nigeria
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by bid4rich(m): 6:04pm On May 18, 2015
WinkWrld:
'there are no jobs' is based on statistics. You have only taken a very small sample size which is your company and u. Although ur words are kind and encouraging, they are not facts

They are not facts? please can you explain the meaning of fact.

1 Like

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by phetty(m): 6:10pm On May 18, 2015
ednut1:
be proactive and shine ur eye,my eyes opened when my friend got info on NL and gatecrashed .while i was home chilling, naso me self open eye. d most annoying set of pple are d ones that have BIS/data and will never see job adverts, onl to ask u, how u applied, gave 2 sites to a friend who had first class in mech engine, the mumu only checked twice and dump d sites, only to tell me i( an accounting grad) shud be updating him on engine job adverts shior

Eddie, you're very right! The problem of some people is they don't believe in jobs posted online.

1 Like

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 18, 2015
Following
Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 18, 2015
very enlightening piece

1 Like

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by Dainty09(f): 11:05pm On May 18, 2015
True talk

1 Like

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by bobcharly(m): 11:18pm On May 18, 2015
neonet:
Click on the link below and add us up on facebook to get more Info about us

https://www.facebook.com/emmanuel.onuzurike
what are you guys into? ..I like what i'm seeing...

1 Like

Re: Secret To Getting Job Interviews In Nigeria Especially Lagos by dbest01: 12:55am On May 19, 2015
Thanks for this bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPI Powertech Graduate Trainee Recruitment Program 2017 / UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs / Nigeria's Best-paying Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.