Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Jenifa! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jenifa! (2971 Views)

Funke Akindele's Jenifa's Diary Showing On Air On Stv. How Is It? / Alakada Or Jenifa? / Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jenifa! by SisiEko1(f): 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2009
Suliat Kan!Aiyetoro Kan!!!, turned Jenifa kan!!   cool
This movie is hilarious, Just saw it, ROTLMAO!!!!  grin
My Goodness,
Funny thing is we've got loads of Suliats around, lol
Jeni Baby!!!  cheesy

Re: Jenifa! by DreaShola: 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2009
Who is Suliat Kan?
Re: Jenifa! by uzwu: 8:14pm On Feb 10, 2009
Funke Akindele- The major character in the hit movie jenifa

Yee- houch ! odun mi ni grin

Go see the movie if you havent. It's hilarious
Re: Jenifa! by busygirl(f): 11:09am On Feb 11, 2009
emi na don jazzy ee cheesy cheesy
Re: Jenifa! by Omolola1(f): 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2009
yeah, av seen the movie too

it is a very funny movie!

Thumbs up to Funke Akindele a.k.a suliat kan, ayetoro kan grin
Re: Jenifa! by Moyola(f): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2009
Emi naa fee di bigs girl!  cool grin

You know, as in, i mean. . .  cheesy

"Trees millions nairas, jus lyk that?!!"  shocked grin

Yels! grin

Docstor!! cheesy
Re: Jenifa! by temi4rea(f): 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2009
DVO! cheesy

u knw smtime ii wonder if its not the same funke in I NEED TO KNW

smiley smiley
Re: Jenifa! by Dclique(m): 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2009
Its her,
Re: Jenifa! by UNLEASHED(m): 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2009
LOL! I just watched it today, twas so funny!!
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 7:34am On Feb 16, 2009
Its just rubbish. the girl was too fake to me. the whole movie is made for the dumb, stupid, intellectually challenged, gosh everything was bad from the soundtrack to the technical stuffs, to the over the top acting. I would rather watch tales by moon light. Nollywood has fed us too much rubbish that we now settle for so little.
Re: Jenifa! by axehead: 10:07am On Feb 16, 2009
[b][/b]should u use such vulgar uterances jst because u dont dig nollywood? pls check yourself
Re: Jenifa! by UNLEASHED(m): 8:08pm On Feb 16, 2009
bishoptboy:

Its just rubbish. the girl was too fake to me. the whole movie is made for the dumb, stupid, intellectually challenged, gosh everything was bad from the soundtrack to the technical stuffs, to the over the top acting. I would rather watch tales by moon light. Nollywood has fed us too much rubbish that we now settle for so little.

I believe nobody forced you to watch it, why not do something else then instead of making an unnecessary noise here?

axehead:

should u use such vulgar uterances jst because u dont dig nollywood? pls check yourself

And check real good!
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 7:42am On Feb 17, 2009
Oh I'm sorry if i offended anyone. i guess i was too angry with the Rubbish called Jenifa. Well i shouldn't have used Intellectually challenged. I guess the right word was visual Illiteracy.

"Unleashed" I'm not making an "unnecessary noise" I'm telling it as it is. If something is bad you dont accept it just because you dont have an option. i have always wanted to see a good Nigerian film and when i was told of Jenifa I searched for it and finally got it on sunday. i was pissed off cos i expected more and couldn't find any meaning in what they were doing.

If you are talking of comedy everyone agrees that Mr. Ibu is a good comedy even non-nigerians love it. jenifa is not a comedy and its got no story line. there is what is called tag-line or one -liner in film making. Can anybody tell me what the film is about in one sentence (tag-line)?
Re: Jenifa! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ Bishop

abegii!! ur own dey 2 much concerning the movie, I saw ur post on the other thread.
What's the beef?? the girl tried and that's it. Nothing in Nigeria is perfect as it is, so if we see some efforts we should appreciate it
You guys are always trying to feel over Behind for no reason, whats a story line to you? if thats not a storyline.
That was a great movie jo and stop feeling like an oyinbo man.
Re: Jenifa! by minute(f): 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2009
Oluyole nshe carnival o
Skele Skele Skele be

Lale ojo yen nibo lowa
Skele skele skele be

Becky ore mii! LOL
Re: Jenifa! by MrCrackles(m): 12:45pm On Feb 17, 2009
minute:

Oluyole nshe carnival o
Skele Skele Skele be

Lale ojo yen nibo lowa
Skele skele skele be

Becky ore mii! LOL

Chei, you are razz oo! cheesy grin
Re: Jenifa! by minute(f): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2009
LOL.What do expect?

*Waves* Eku atijo.
Re: Jenifa! by MrCrackles(m): 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
minute:

LOL.What do expect?

*Waves* Eku atijo.

Haha
I dey oo, thanks
How u been?long time
, cheesy grin
Re: Jenifa! by Hesperus(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2009
bishoptboy:

Oh I'm sorry if i offended anyone. i guess i was too angry with the Rubbish called Jenifa. Well i shouldn't have used Intellectually challenged. I guess the right word was visual Illiteracy.

"Unleashed" I'm not making an "unnecessary noise" I'm telling it as it is. If something is bad you dont accept it just because you dont have an option. i have always wanted to see a good Nigerian film and when i was told of Jenifa I searched for it and finally got it on sunday. i was pissed off cos i expected more and couldn't find any meaning in what they were doing.

If you are talking of comedy everyone agrees that Mr. Ibu is a good comedy even non-nigerians love it. jenifa is not a comedy and its got no story line. there is what is called tag-line or one -liner in film making. Can anybody tell me what the film is about in one sentence (tag-line)?

Which Mr Ibu? Abegi! Dat guy cant act to save his life, and its so obvious he's an Nkem Owoh wannabe! And what storyline has any of his movies got? Jenifa had a point, prolly YOU didnt get it.

From what you've just said about Jenifa, its obvious that you're seriously lacking a good sense of humour! Dat movie was good, by most standards.
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2009
Hey Heperus Tell me whats funny about Jenifa. is it the bad and fake acting from all the girl. their acting is over the top and not real. they could not even define what their aim is. is it a comedy or drama. the whole movie is a big flot. hey lets even analyze the movie. tell me whats good about it and i will tell you guys whats bad about it.

Lets define it. i will not even talk about the bad technicality of the film cos 955 of naija film is bad technically. tell me 5 reasons why you think the film is good and i will give you 10 reason why i think its a bad film
Re: Jenifa! by Hesperus(m): 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ Bishopboy,

and you tell me what is exactly funny about MR IBU? Please! You're talkin about over the top acting, dat is a perfect example. All they are acting out are scenes of old jokes I heard when I was in elementary school, and even those are quite played out now. Plus the poor, low budget, low quality production of his movies. Not to talk of the pointless stroylines.

Need I say more?
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2009
Herperus

You need to know that comedy is all about over the top acting. Jenifa is supposed to be a drama and not comedy. The characters are fake. Jenifa character doesnt work for me. she tries to speak like a village girl but switched from ibadan accent to ijebu at some point. if she said she got admission to the university why cant she call big girls well and she calls it "bis ges". dont tell me that she is an illiterate because she made a statement in english in the village b4 she came to the city and she pronounced all the words correctly. so why did she come to town and start speaking stupid. being an illiterate doesnt mean she should speak like an slowpoke.

how many times do you see someone who is dress badly walk past you and you stop turn around and start a whole discussion on them. the acting is bad

you need to know acting for stage different from acting for TV. these people act for stage on Tv. Tv acting should be subtle and not over the top except for sitcom and comedy. Mr Ibu was defined from the onset that it was comedy. I'm not saying Mr. Ibu is the best film but they pulled off the comedy the set out for. Jenifa makers doent even know what they want.

can we talk about the plot. tell me what you think of the plot.
Re: Jenifa! by Hesperus(m): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2009
Bishopboy,

And where did you get the info dat Jenifa was supposed to be a drama? And even if it was, have you ever heard the phrase "comic relief"?
The bad english was to buttress the point that she was just a village champion. And yes, people do make conversation of what goes on around them, includin badly dresses people!

The plot is just a picture of what goes on in Unis these days. Girls trying so desperately to upgrade their status, anf falling victims in the process.
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2009
Dude thats not comc relief that just making a fool of a character and it doent work. the movie is supposed to be a drama. they dont have to write it in the credit sequence bodly that its drama before a literate can clasify it.
like i said lets talk about the plot. analyse the plot for me please cos all i see is a dragging film with no beginning , middle or end. abeg analyse the film and tell me what makes it good.
Re: Jenifa! by Hesperus(m): 11:11pm On Feb 17, 2009
Bishop,
The plot is simple and glaring. Village girl gains admission into city university, want to feel among, joins aristo gals and pays the ultimate price.

What again?

Now, you analyse ANY Mr Ibu movie plot for me.
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 9:07am On Feb 18, 2009
firstly i said in my other tread that Mr. Ibu is not the best of films but funny. Mr Ibu has got no plot but they did pull off their punchline comedy. In South Africa it has sold hundred of thousand copies.

and by the way is that a film analysis that you just gave me. I said PLOT ANALYSIS, you gave me a tagline.

If you were to buy a film and they told you what you told me will you but that film. Why is it that most of our films dont have a synopsis written at the back.

are you into film making or ctitique? let me know who am talkin to please. cheers brother
Re: Jenifa! by Perle(f): 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2009
@bishoptboy angry angry angry angry
Re: Jenifa! by Hesperus(m): 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2009
Bishop,

I am not into film making, i just generally appreciate a good movie when I see one.

I dont know what plot you want from me, but I def will not write an epistle here!

Besides, all Mr Ibu movies are the same, he acts as the same character all the time. Yeah he has sold hundreds of thousands copies, and has prolly acted tens of thousands shit movies!

Anyway, I guess everyone is entitled to their views.
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2009
I have decided to rest my case. I have always had this arguement since i was in primary school and never won cos i argue with "whatever"
Re: Jenifa! by Jayholiday(m): 12:34am On Feb 19, 2009
This movie is really hilarious!

Its available in the UK and Europe if you haven't seen it.

Go to: http://www.katlegoafrica.com

[url]http://www.katlegoafrica.com/shop/system/detailimage?shop_param=cid%3D1%26aid%3D040%26position%3Dposition1%26[/url]

Re: Jenifa! by mykephils(m): 1:28am On Mar 05, 2009
Hi, Our company RENAISSANCE MEDIA is a registered licenced Nollywood movies distributor with National Films and Videos Censor Board. We also have Nigerian Export Promotion Council Certificate of Export. Do you need Nigerian Films in Bulk at Great discount for Nigerians in the Diaspora. Do you want to reseller in SOUTH AFRICA, UK,GHANA etc. Please contact me check out our website www.renaissancemediang.com +2348065477209 ,+2348054542737
Re: Jenifa! by Omolola1(f): 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2009
hmmmmmmn

easy bishop

but i think bishop is partially right though the film is not as bad as that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Convinced Black Panther Star Winston Duke Is Igbo / New Terrestrial Entertainment Channel "ontv" Launches / 5 Badass Nigerians Whose Lives Would Make Awesome Movies. ROTFLMAO!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.