Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Jenifa! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jenifa! (2976 Views)

Funke Akindele's Jenifa's Diary Showing On Air On Stv. How Is It? / Alakada Or Jenifa? / Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
Omolola
I guess i was very angry but i don cool down now.
i found 3 good things in the film
1. the lighting in the scene where the chief was robbed by those boy
2. the shot where Aderupoko was talking to his wife on the way to the farm (nice shalow depth of field)
3. Aderupoko's acting

Apart from that nothing more o

o yes one more thing-the only funny person in the film is that Suliat's boyfriend. the local rich boy. funny but even suliat herself isn't funny to me cos the character isn't real enough to me.
Re: Jenifa! by Sonye(f): 9:55pm On Mar 09, 2009
What everyone expected to watch was COMEDY!!!!!

@ Bishop
I know that was your opinion about the movie but i must agree with a few others here. With all due respect, i don't feel a sense of humour here.

I don't ever watch Nigerian movies because all i see are people like Genevieve wearing beautiful clothes or living in the village with perfect make up on;
Omotola showing her voluptuous body and rolling her beautiful eyes;
Rita Dominic smoking and seducing men with her red lipstick

We have been waiting for Nollywood to introduce a real actor. someone that will release RAW talent, someone that would not mind looking ridiculous and still deliver, all in the name of entertainment.and i must say, Jenifa (whatever her real name is) did a very good job. and has reconciled my heart with nollywood.
I am not Yoruba, but i found it hilarious, my white friends find it incredible. think a bit positive.

PS. Mr Ibu is quite irritating
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 6:59am On Mar 10, 2009
@Sonye
I personally feel Suliat's acting wasn't convincing for me. I have stated that that the only two people that made me laugh are Suliat's village boyfriend and Aderupoko (Suliat's dad).

Suliats acting wasnt convincing for me cos she sometimes forgets her role as a village girl and switches from the village accent to clean lagos accent. check out the scene where someone said her name and she said "thats a beautiful name" she forgot that she was supposed to be a village girl and she delivers that sentence like an educated city girl. I look at the little details people dont see.
Another is the scene where she visits Becky and decided to sleep at her door. when she came she never had a bag and she had changed clothes twice and bought cell phone, that tell me that she has a place to stay and she is ok. but the next minute she is sleeping at Becky's door. doesnt anybody see that.

Maybe I think about what I'm watching and I take it too seriously. But anyways I learnt it got the kudos its geting cos its still the best amongst the recent films from Nigeria.
Re: Jenifa! by Sonye(f): 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2009
well, you are entitled to your own opinion. but i think that movies was hilarious. i definitely would give it a thumbs up
Re: Jenifa! by veron11: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2009
to be very very sincere, d film is hilarious enough
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 12:20pm On Mar 12, 2009
There are comedy and there are comedy. Jenifa is not one. If i want to laugh a girl badly dressed isnt comedy. fake girls trying to teach a village girl how to be "hippy" isnt funny to me cos tell her not to say "yee" and say "ouch" is so stale. i have heard it over and over again from a friend of mine who tried to be funny.

If you want to see comedy go watch death at a funeral. thats a classic english comedy/farce. and if you want stupid but still funny then Mr. Ibu is one. I know you will disagree but its still funny to many. note: I'm not a Mr. Ibu fan but he is stupid and that makes it funny. Jenifa doesnt fall in comedy. and the way part one ends is so stupid. that pissed me off that i didnt want to see part 2 cos i know its gonna be a waste of time.
Re: Jenifa! by mrmetoo1: 1:30am On Mar 13, 2009
from minute

Oluyole nshe carnival o
Skele Skele Skele be

Lale ojo yen nibo lowa
Skele skele skele be

Becky ore mii! LOL

LMAO! That was one of my best scenes in the movie.

@bishoptboy
Its really not that serious, I'm sure the even producers of the movie didn't expect the phenomenon this movie has become. My advise to u, loosen up, watch the movie again, forget the story line and focus on suliat's performance and her fantastic command of the English language. I felt the same way the as u do, the first time i watched it because I was expecting a "good" movie as per storyline and all but its a really good movie. I can't count how many times I have seen it after my initial viewing
Re: Jenifa! by shezy(f): 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2009
[/quote][quote author=Sonye link=topic=231649.msg3569355#msg3569355 date=1236632116]
What everyone expected to watch was COMEDY!!!!!

@ Bishop
I know that was your opinion about the movie but i must agree with a few others here. With all due respect, i don't feel a sense of humour here.

I don't ever watch Nigerian movies because all i see are people like Genevieve wearing beautiful clothes or living in the village with perfect make up on;
Omotola showing her voluptuous body and rolling her beautiful eyes;
Rita Dominic smoking and seducing men with her red lipstick

We have been waiting for Nollywood to introduce a real actor. someone that will release RAW talent, someone that would not mind looking ridiculous and still deliver, all in the name of entertainment.and i must say, Jenifa (whatever her real name is) did a very good job. and has reconciled my heart with nollywood.
I am not Yoruba, but i found it hilarious, my white friends find it incredible. think a bit positive.

PS. Mr Ibu is quite irritating
i have being expecting these .thanks for the explanation you made
she is good in any role just like faithia balogun
the both intelligent
Bishop take it easy we would get there our technology has improve unlike before
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 10:04pm On Mar 14, 2009
Shezy
I have not seen any improvement. tell me films where the tech has really increased. tell me a film that the art direction is better than Oleku, a film with storyline like violated. with special effects. they have not been able to do a make belief gun shot some still use bangers.

shezy we need some help in nollywood. I'm not trying to feel too cool. I'm just concerned that no one is challenging the status quo. everybody is accepting bad quality and defending it. it worries me if all people have to say about Jenifa is "Suliat kan, Ayetoro kan". dont you think we are getting more "razz" than improving
Na wa for us o
Re: Jenifa! by simstar(f): 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2009
Hey, Mr bishop, Av u ever heard of comedy-drama? Well Dats wat Jenifa is ok! Plain and simple! U need to knw d genres of drama b4 u start crucifying, Rly!!
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 10:30pm On Mar 15, 2009
simster
thanks for the lecture on genre. I guess Jenifa is naija's definition of comedy-drama according simster. If thats comedy-drama then naijas comedy or drama is very bad.

and before you lecture on genre please go study it well ok. comedy is comedy, drama is drama. romamntic comedy dey, action dey. thriller dey. horror dey. which one be comedy-drama abeg. explain simster. thanks my girl. grin
Re: Jenifa! by alimat2(f): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2009
Gbogbo  bigs girls in the hause

see  yaa
                                     catch yaa
                                     laterrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Jenifa! by Orilee9ice(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2009
Posted by: bishoptboy
Insert Quote
Omolola
I guess i was very angry but i don cool down now.
i found 3 good things in the film
1. the lighting in the scene where the chief was robbed by those boy
2. the shot where Aderupoko was talking to his wife on the way to the farm (nice shalow depth of field)
3. Aderupoko's acting

Apart from that nothing more o
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i beg omo, Bishop abi wetin u dey call yasef, go siddon jo, cool embarassed undecided shocked cool grin cheesy wink smiley
we wen dey Jand tink say di film naa di "bomb" overlooking all the jara's and mistakes. it was still funny, from start to finish,

my best part was where they were singing and dancing to

Oluyole n'se Kanifal, Ale ojo yen ni bo lo waaa,

Classic!!.back in di day!!
Re: Jenifa! by bisilove: 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2009
I really appreciate her talent the sky is the limit for her. Funky don't mind them either nollywood or yollywood you have been crown and their is an adage which say who the crown fit wears it.You just keep the flag rolling.
SULIYA KAN AYETORO KAN,
Re: Jenifa! by Orilee9ice(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2009
:DBisilove, Hi, Hello, its like, as pee, you know, ouchhhhhhhhh, e don jazzy re, se e waa okay ni tiyin jare!!, tell them 4 me o,

Nigbati Oluyole ati Funke n'she kanifal, Nibo noo waa ? Skes kes kee skele be,

SULIAT KAN! AIYETORO KAN!! nibi ti won tin wo CHORI CHORI, lori teefeee ati sinima, and dem dey do DOS DOS 4 head!, lol
Re: Jenifa! by 6dice(m): 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2009
dis muvee is of d hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
funke akindele realli took dis ish to another level apart from been funny its also educative,big ups to jenifa
c ya, catch ya, later,
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2009
Orilee9ice:

i beg omo, Bishop abi wetin u dey call yasef, go siddon jo, cool embarassed undecided shocked cool grin cheesy wink smiley
we wen dey Jand tink say di film naa di "bomb" overlooking all the jara's and mistakes. it was still funny, from start to finish,

sorry if i offend "jand" people. but come to think of it. i see razz boy outside naija. you know those ones that can t construct a simple sentence in English. i see "agbero boy" abroad so its not a matter of whether you are outside the country or not. its a matter of good content in the film. I study film and know what im talking about when i said its a bad film. I said it before and i will say it again. analyse it and tell me why its a good film. this is not a fighting forum. we are civilised and dialogue is our way and not shouting people down like we are in obalende bus stop.

go to the tread where they are talking of how bad naija film is and tell them why jenifa is da bomb.

cheers
Re: Jenifa! by Orilee9ice(m): 4:51pm On May 01, 2009
sorry if i offend "jand" people. but come to think of it. i see razz boy outside naija. you know those ones that can t construct a simple sentence in English. i see "agbero boy" abroad so its not a matter of whether you are outside the country or not. its a matter of good content in the film. I study film and know what im talking about when i said its a bad film. I said it before and i will say it again. analyse it and tell me why its a good film. this is not a fighting forum. we are civilised and dialogue is our way and not shouting people down like we are in obalende bus stop.

go to the tread where they are talking of how bad naija film is and tell them why jenifa is da bomb.

cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeepa!! Emi l'aiye mi, 'Shoot!!,  Bishoptboy, Cool dude!, DO - NOT - GET - ME - STARTED! Wanna be startin somethin", got to startin' somethin".quoting Michael Jackson

i hope you are not callin me a "razz or Agbero boy o!", hum dont just go there o,

I like your arguements sha,  its interesting to read!,  but argue from January to December, the Bigz girl don make am! i hear she is building a Mansion with foreign building materials, plus other benefits, so she don become "Gbogbo bigz Galz " be dat o!

Leave her case alone, anyone will think you are jealous of her, as you are so conversant with Film making, as you claim, MAKE YOUR OWN 1ST, and let us be the judge of it, it had BETTER BE GOOD OR ELSE, ! we will be down on you like a ton of bricks, , lets see if you will like a taste of your own medicine,

God Bless you Bro! Stay Blessed IJN!
Re: Jenifa! by Orilee9ice(m): 4:53pm On May 01, 2009
Bishoptboy
Hummmmm just been on your website, No wonder!! i shall be watching this space for your films!
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 10:44am On May 02, 2009
Orilee9ice:

Yeepa!! Emi l'aiye mi, 'Shoot!!,  Bishoptboy, Cool dude!, DO - NOT - GET - ME - STARTED! Wanna be startin somethin", got to startin' somethin".quoting Michael Jackson

i hope you are not callin me a "razz or Agbero boy o!", hum dont just go there o,

I like your arguements sha,  its interesting to read!,  but argue from January to December, the Bigz girl don make am! i hear she is building a Mansion with foreign building materials, plus other benefits, so she don become "Gbogbo bigz Galz " be dat o!

Leave her case alone, anyone will think you are jealous of her, as you are so conversant with Film making, as you claim, MAKE YOUR OWN 1ST, and let us be the judge of it, it had BETTER BE GOOD OR ELSE, ! we will be down on you like a ton of bricks, , lets see if you will like a taste of your own medicine,

God Bless you Bro! Stay Blessed IJN!

I have already given up on the argument. I did this with Larayat and many other guys and i said i have had enough and no more argument over the film but once someone attacks me i reply and let them know why i stand by my argument.

I said it once and I will say it again. I'm happy for the girl cos she is making her money. she is not the only one making bad films and making money and that tells you i'm not jealous of people cos they are making money. I'm making my little money on my side too and praying to make money like funke and make even more.

the fact still remains if a film is bad it is bad no matter how much is made from it. i dont watch naija films cos i feel most of them are trash so when i was told jenifa is very good i travelled to a surburb of Pretoria to get it and was so pissed off when i watched it cos its got no good plot, bad acting from most of the actors (funke tried, but all her girls failed woefully). bad technicals. so if i'm to rate it i will rate it 20% no matter what other people say about it. note i'm not the only one that thinks the film is rubbish just like you are not the only one that think its the best thing that ever happened to nollywood
Re: Jenifa! by bishoptboy(m): 10:47am On May 02, 2009
@ orilee9ice
I wont release a film that i believe is bad. I made a film last year with all white cast and wasnt happy with it so i canned it and never let it go on TV.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Convinced Black Panther Star Winston Duke Is Igbo / New Movie ---- Boss Of All Bosses (2018 Movie) - Official Trailer / The Last Ship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.