Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace (9809 Views)

Tradition - A Story / A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / BROKEN...A Story By Fabzgrace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by RobinHez(m): 8:44am On May 22, 2015

He was thankful he didn't punch the secretary in the face when he had the urge to.

perhaps,he wouldn't have been called back then.

come here panda bear" Pearl said

these lines ehn..grin grin
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 11:10am On May 22, 2015
RobinHez:

these lines ehn..grin grin
lol, abi
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 11:33am On May 22, 2015
Tracy saw him far off.
Isn't this the same guy from the mall ?"she asked herself "what could he be doing here again?"

"Hi" George said when they met.

"Yes, and how can I help you?" she replied

"Yes Yes , you definitely have to Help me" he said to himself albeit out loud

"Pardon?" she said

Tracy had decided not to take everything he said lightly, right from the time he bumped into her and couldn't appologize. (yea girls can be stern when they want to)

"Can't you remember me, we met at the city's mall and I was the sales rep that..."

"And as such? she said unmoved I keep wondering why I see your face in this vicinity, are you like my stalker? Stay away from me" She walked out on him.

"Hey Tracy, her director said. Meet Mr George. He's going to be your partner in the advertising team. "

She turned around and !!!

"Sir , you mean this man over here? "she asked hysterically

"Yes Tracy, do you know him ?"

"No I don't sir. Welcome on board Mr George" she said with obvious indifference,"I hope you'll be able to keep up and deliver.If you'd excuse me Sir" She said and left.

"Well Young man, once again Welcome to XYZ advertising company. I hope you deliver as I expect. After I read your CV, it reminded me a lot about myself when I was much younger and still hustling. You have worked in quite a number of places and its laudable"

"Thank you sir. George replied. he was obviously blushing."

" I have to leave now , your schedule would be sent to your desk." the director said.

George couldn't have been more happy.

he had just got a good job with an awesome pay, his last paycheck had been sent to him from his former job.

He was able to pay his sisters hospital bill, He had appealed to his landlord to give him an ultimatum till the end of the month when he would pay the house rent, which was well received.

But,he still felt incomplete. It had to be this beautiful girl Tracy . He wondered what wrong he had done to her because the last time they met, he could remember vividly that he was nice in helping her choose what she wanted and she had left happy and grateful.

Now here she was acting all rude to him. He had made a resolution in his heart that he would make her forgive him.
He had fallen for her.

1 Like

Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 12:14pm On May 22, 2015
Hi neduzze5 im still expecting your contribution,thanks
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Neduzze5(m): 7:57pm On May 22, 2015
Alright fabzgrace... I made a promise to you and here to fulfil it...

Firstly, what's the make of your phone?
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 8:02pm On May 22, 2015
Neduzze5:
Alright fabzgrace... I made a promise to you and here to fulfil it...

Firstly, what's the make of your phone?
its a tab

1 Like

Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Neduzze5(m): 10:57pm On May 22, 2015
Fabzgrace:

its a tab

An android tab?
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 1:44am On May 23, 2015
Yea
Neduzze5:

An android tab?
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Neduzze5(m): 7:51am On May 23, 2015
Alright.... Since you need my opinion, I'm going to be very blunt with you.

First of all, where have all your punctuation marks disappeared to? No quotation marks, no apostrophe, no commas, no full stops, no exclamation marks, nothing at all!!

Hey, this is a novel and not a drama alright? In a novel, it is different from a drama. You don't us this in a prose;

G: Hello, a lady as beautiful as you shouldn't be confused in making pics. I'll help you.
Tracy: And who are you?

No, it's never done in a prose. It should be this way;

"Hello, a lady as beautiful as you are shouldn't be confused in making picks. I'll help you" a young man spoke out of the blues.
"And who might you be?" Tracy asked sternly and turned around to take a food look at the guy who just spoke.
"I'm sorry Miss. My name is George, a sales representative here in this boutique in charge of helping customers out in making their choices" George said trying to introduce himself.

Simple, looking better, well arranged and neat!! Don't you like this? So these are the major corrections.
Then yes, why must they be jamming into each other. I've counted like three of those. And very close to each other. Kindly reduce it.

And also, Tracy and her bestie. They almost started fighting without realizing who they were. It's almost impossible.
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 8:15am On May 23, 2015
Imanuelle hope you've been reading.
Sorry for the late mention.

1 Like

Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 9:00am On May 23, 2015
"Good day everyone, Without much ado, i'd like to proceed to the main reason for this meeting. A client of this company needs a good AD campaign on fostering relationships.
After much thought, I decided I want the best hands in this. So,Mr George and Miss Tracy you'll be working hand in hand to ensure the utmost success in this. Ok everyone, you can all now get back to work." the director said in a brief meeting at XYZ company.

Tracy and George looked momentarily at each other.

Tracy knew she couldn't say no to her boss but she was determined to give George a tough time.

"I'll make things hard for him" she said to herself

George was quite happy, at least he had a chance to prove to Tracy that he was worth being her friend.

The next day at work, George walked up to Tracy.

"Hi Miss, this is the plan I have for the ad campaign and I want to to review it and give me your opinion."he said happily.

Tracy looked or rather skimmed through it with a frown.

"Mr George, is this the best you can offer? This has a lot of loopholes and isn't even properly constructed. I mean, there's no way we are presenting this to the director." she said indifferently.

"Ok miss, thanks for your advice. I'll review it and come up with a better idea"

"You better do" she said

George left early from work. He had to think if better ideas for their agency,he didn't want his first campaign to be crap.

George decided to visit his friend James

"Been a while we met up" he said to himself.
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 8:51am On May 25, 2015
"Hey man" George said as he got to James place

"Woa! Buddy, I thought you left us all already" James replied in amazement

"Course not, Why would I . I can never forget the times
you helped me man. It's just been work..work..work."

"I understand u George. We all do. So are you done with work now.?" He asked sarcastically

"You're something man. Any way, I have a little problem at work,and I decided to chill out"

"Aha, little wonder why you're here"James said

"Relax bro, I didn't forget you okay!"

"I'm just kidding bro, so what 'LITTLE' problem do you have?" said James with emphasis on little.

"Mehn,It's one babe like that ooo, one damsel, she's been giving me heartaches"

"LoL, George you of all people. Aren't you the George I know again, The one who always got girls with the snap of a finger?"he asked amusingly

"Yea, I'm still that George. It's just that this girl,she's something. I can't help it when I'm with her, I just can't . And now bro,we are working on a project together and she's giving me a tough time, a real tough time. I just don't know what to do about this"

"Hush Now bro, you're in the right place to solve your problems, let me consult the gods" he said sarcastically.

"I ain't joking bro. Be serious!"

"Ok George,on a more serious note, do u have feelings for this girl?"

"ummmm,I think I do."

"Be definite!"

"Ok,Yes I do."

"hmmm, Do you think she likes you too bro?"

"that's what I'm not sure of, you see when we first met..."
George narrated the whole story to James who stared amazed.

"Wow Bro,then she is some kind of girl. You know what, my advice,from my heart is that you should give her some space,don't Be always at her beck and call, you could disagree with her too and let her see reasons why you do. Then observe her,let's see what she'll do and after that,if you see she's fallen then you BOOM go for it."

"You're something James,good idea, I like it."

"Yea bro,and come tell me when she's all yours (tongue out)"

"Let's drink,shall we?"
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 8:59am On May 25, 2015
Monday came faster than expected.

"Morning Tracy, I've got something for you. Here's it"George said

"I don't like your presentation"Tracy said bluntly

"why if I may ask?"

"Because It's still too vague "she replied

"what's vague in it, As far as I'm concerned this is one of the best proposals. There's nothing good in anything you say, It's always *starts mimicking her* It's vague, it lacks coordination,It's this,It's that!" George talked back angrily, he was pissed.

"Damn it Mr George, Ok suit yourself,Let it Be this way;my team and I would make our presentation,you and your team would also do yours let's see which team the director would pick!"she said sternly

"Yes,that'll be worth it, we shall see" He walked out.

Tracy was suprised with his sudden change in behavior.Nonetheless she was not going down without a fight she left to prepare hers too.

"Hello all, I hope you're ready with the presentation please proceed Tracy and George ."

"Sir" Tracy got up "well, we both have different proposals and we'd like you to make your pick"

"Ok,go on. Good thing our client is here with us,he could pick the best he likes"their director said

George and Tracy glanced at each other. They both took turns in presenting.

"... and so, fostering relationships keeps us stronger" George said as he ended his.

"what do you think sir,which of these two wonderful proposals would you choose?"the director asked

There was tension in the conference hall.

"Wow,I must say these two proposals are great,It's a hard choice picking one."

The tension intensified.

" I think, I'll make do with both. you see, It's like these two proposals have a link together,i'd like both presenters to merge the adverts."the client said with glittering eyes

"Thank you very much Mr Mike,the merged proposal would be sent to your desk tomorrow"

"I beg to take my leave Now" Mr Mike the client said as he left.

"Wow guys,you both are awesome, take the day out with your team,It's all on me"the smiling director said.

1 Like

Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Neduzze5(m): 9:01am On May 25, 2015
I can see you have improved quite well. Keep it up dear.

1 Like

Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 9:42am On May 25, 2015
"Tracy,where do you think we could go celebrate" Esther,a team member asked

"I don't know, do you know of a place?"

"I think I know the perfect place"another team member said

"let's go,shall we?"

They were there in a couple of minutes.

"Wow, isn't that George and his team members,what a coincidence!" esther said

"Where?"Tracy said,disappointed.

"Wow,it'd be nice anyway,we all got the victory,let's go girl"

"Are you sure they would be comfortable seeing us?" Tracy asked

"Why won't they, come on let's go" Esther pulled her in by the arm

"Wow,you guys are here too, come sit over here there are free sits here"George beckoned to them

Tracy was quite uncomfortable, George noticed it and went to settle things with her.

"I've noticed you're uncomfortable,is it because of me?"George asked complacently

"NO!"

"I'm sorry,I talked rudely to you, earlier today"

"I'm sorry too" Tracy said wholeheartedly

"You know,I keep wondering what went wrong because,the first time we met at the mall,everything went smoothly,After our meeting,I longed to see your beautiful smiling face again,but what I met with was a frown, did I offend you in anyway?"

"No,you didn't I actually thought you had the wrong motives,I thought you were mean because the last time,you bumped into me and left without appologizing. I ..."

"oh! George interrrupted, You were the lady I bumped into that day, I'm so sorry,I didn't take a look at your face.I was downcast that day after I was turned back and I had a lot on my mind."

"It's okay, I judged you wrongly before,but now I know who you really are." Tracy said

"Well,let's look into the future and forget about the past. Friends?"

"Yea,friends."

They both shook hands.

"Let's dance." George said

"I'm not much of a dancer" Tracy replied

"ooooh,you're shy. don't worry,I'll teach you"

He pulled her out to the dance floor.

1 Like

Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Neduzze5(m): 9:46am On May 25, 2015
A www... I can see a love story brimming!

George and Twaci!! Two of you, be careful ooh! cheesy
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by RobinHez(m): 11:14am On May 25, 2015

"Well,let's look into the future and forget about the past. Friends?"

He pulled her out to the dance floor.
ghen ghen! grin

1 Like

Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Twaci(f): 11:30am On May 25, 2015
Neduzze5:
A www... I can see a love story brimming!

George and Twaci!! Two of you, be careful ooh! cheesy
cheesy I don't know what u are talking about!
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Neduzze5(m): 11:32am On May 25, 2015
Twaci:
cheesy I don't know what u are talking about!

Ooh... Auto correct jare. I was trying to say Tracy cheesy
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 12:18pm On May 25, 2015
Tracy was seated by the garden when Pearl came visiting.

"Trei why staring dreamingly into space ehh?"

There was no response. Pearl had to hit her on her head.

"Tracy!"

"Ehhh,umm,when did you get here?" Tracy asked

"You were too engaged to notice. Tell me what you were thinking about?" She grabbed a chair.

"It's about someone I met and he..."

"Tell me more about him"

"Hes name's George,we work together at the agency,He's handsome,cheerful and he's a gentle man. I want you to meet him Pearl"

"Yea I want to meet him too and see the man that has captured the heart of my bestie,and also tell him to take good care of you and never to break your fragile heart..."

"LOL"

" But Trei,I'm leaving tommorrow."

"What,I thought you said you'd leave at end of the month? why so soon?"

"That's how it is,I wasn't sure of the date then,and I didn't want to to start missing me already."

"Have you packed your bags, I'm not going to miss you" She said as a tear trickled down her face giving her out.

"Don't cry now,ehh Trei,It's just for two years now and you have my number,we'd always talk.It's for my future..."
"I'm not crying. It's tears of joy."

"so you're happy I'm going erhh Trei"

"of course not, I'm happy,you're finally following your heart and you're on your way to finding your happiness.
You know what,let's go in, dinner should be served"

It was the next day and they were already at the airport.

"Mum,please take care of Trei for me oo"Pearl said

"Yes,do me a bigger favor my daughter, take good care of yourself, Do know that you're always welcome in my house okay?" Tracy's Mama said

"Yes ma,I will. Trei, you remember what we talked about last nite right?"

"Yes"

"Be a good girl okay. I have to go now,my plane's already boarding. Bye trei,bye Mum."

"Bye Pearl,call me once You've settled okay?" Trei said

They had a bidding hug.

"Let's go home Tracy" her mama said.
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by mictima(m): 8:35am On May 27, 2015
hmnnn... I'm so feeling this. tight story so far! I just wish there could be parallel characters, like another staff crushing on George and or Tracy.
would not mind if George's friend joins the show too, probably at XYZ company...
just saything tho
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by mubzay(f): 5:55pm On May 27, 2015
mictima:
hmnnn... I'm so feeling this. tight story so far! I just wish there could be parallel characters, like another staff crushing on George and or Tracy.
would not mind if George's friend joins the show too, probably at XYZ company...
just saything tho
I guess there is. Pearl (tracy's frnd) likes George.
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 9:11pm On May 27, 2015
Sorry guys. This EDC and fuel scarcity issues have prohibited me 4rm updating. Hopefully,I'll update tomorrow. Thanks for reading
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 12:07pm On May 28, 2015
TWO MONTHS ON ...

"Tracy hunny, why are you pacing about,you seem worried.what's wrong tell me" mama asked

"Mum,It's been almost three months and Pearl hasn't called me. Today's my Birthday,she always call me, She's always the first person to wake me up with HBD text messages, Now she hasn't even done any."

"Yea hun,today is your day and you need not be worried. She may be having difficult time over there, she'll definitely call you. Cheer up."

"I'm scared Mum,could something have gone wrong..."

Tracy's phone beeped.

"Hello"

"Hello Miss Tracy there is an emergency board meeting here at the office and the director asked that you'd be present" The secretary said

"Oh, is it really important, you know,I took a off from work today cos It's my birthday and I..."

The secretary cuts in

"sorry Ma'am, order from above. We'd Be expecting you"

"okay,I'm on my way.

Mum I have to go, We're having a meeting at work and I have to be there..."

"Ok,dear just try to be home early for dinner"

Tracy got to the office quickly. she was a little perturbed.

"what could be the problem" she asked her self

She went straight up to the conference hall and as she stepped in, she noticed something strange;the office was not lit.

she made for the switch and 'click'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACY!!!

All her co workers and George and even her director were there.
She was excited.

"So you guys played pranks on me, I think I'm underdressed"

"You can never Be underdressed Tracy, you look lovely" George said flashing a smile.

"Happy birthday Tracy, I wish you LLNP here's a gift for you" their director said

"thanks so much boss"

"I'll be leaving now,you guys have fun"

"Tracy happy happy happy Birthday" George said

She giggled.

"Can we go out to celebrate"

"But I just got here " Tracy replied

"Not now,I mean when we are done here, we need some lone time together."

"Ok, It's all on you"

"Of course"

They both smiled and continued with the party.

1 Like

Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 8:42am On May 29, 2015
At the palmgrooves...

"Tracy,since the first time I met you, I felt something and Over time,it grew into an inseperable bond. I think I now understand what exactly I feel for you.
I LOVE YOU TRACY . I have always loved you, I want you to be mine." George said as he held her hand and looked into her eyes.

"George, I think It's high time I told you my mind"

he was quite tensed after this.

"Since the first time we met at the mall, you've always been on my mind. I tried avoiding you but I kept falling back. I don't know how this works but,I think I love you too. You're the first man I've ever loved and you'll be the last.
I love you too" she cried...

It was tears of happiness and joy too, they had finally admitted to the inevitable ;-)

They both shared a beautiful kiss right there on the couch.
A new dawn had just begun!

"Evening mum!" George said happily as he kissed both cheeks

"wow son, I've Never seen you this happy in a long time. Tell me did you win a lottery that would take I and your siblings abroad"

"LOL mum" he laughed about what his mum said
" No mum, It's better than just a lottery."

"Then let it out!"his mum inquired anxiously

"I'm finally with the love of my life "

"So someone's finally taking you from us"his mum said remorsefully

"Mum, that's not happening in a zillion years, you need to meet her,she's all a man would ever wish for. she's pretty,intelligent,charming..."

"Save for when I'll meet her okay"

"Yes ma!"

"come help me out with this records,I think there's a discrepancy somewhere"

"Let's see mum"

She handed it over to him.

Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 8:46am On May 29, 2015
"Mama, I've got something to tell you." Tracy said

"Yea go on dear"

"I'm dating someone" she said in a shy way

"You've started dating? Gracious heavens! I didn't know when my daughter grew up so fast."

"Mama stop teasing me"

"I'm sorry dear, you're of age Now,so you can do anything you want. Who's the lucky man?"

"He's a co worker at my workplace,he's name's George.You'll like him mama"

"Yea, I'll like him,but what about your dad, you know he's very choosy and he won't want anything but the best for you"

"Yea mum, I trust you'd help me tell dad about it because i'd like to bring him home."

"Who are you bringing home Tracy?"
It was her dad.

"Umm,umm Dad It's some..."

"Joshua, Tracy's bringing her suitor home"

"Oh, Is that why you were shy to tell me Tracy? You're a grown up now. Tell me when he'd be ready to come so I'll cancel my meetings and all" her dad said

"Next Monday dad, he'd be here next Monday."

Ok then, I'm late for an appointment.Got to go"

"bye dad."she made to hug him.
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 8:52am On May 29, 2015
"Hunny!"

"Oh my! George you startled me"

"I'm sorry about that. So what'd you be doing after work today?"

"Nothing, you've got an idea?"

"Let's go to my place."

"Oh,that reminds me, George I want you to come to my house next Monday."

"Next Monday? I'm gonna face your parents?" george asked suprised.

"Yes, it has got to be monday cause My dad would soon leave for England"

"okay then, I'll come over"

"So what are we gonna go do at your house?"

"I want you to meet my mum" George said

"So you took me by suprise erh??"

"I'm sorry, please come..."

"Okay I will. I want to meet my new mum already"

"She's quite a wonderful girl George" His mum said as Tracy drove off

"Yes mum, I knew you'd love her"

"But,she seems from a rich family, have you gone to her house?"

"Not yet mum"

"I'm scared son"

"About what?"

"That her family may not like you, you're not from a rich family like theirs. "

"Money isn't all that matters mum. I love her and she loves me back. That's the most important thing."

"My son, listen to me. I know you're in love with this girl,but you don't know how her parents are,you don't know if they control her. When are you going to her place?"

"Monday mum"

"Next Monday?"

"Yes."

"See, after your meeting there, whatever the outcome is don't ever forget we are here for you okay?"

"Mum, chillax nothing bad will happen. I'll take care of everything. I have to see James now, he asked to see me"

"Okay dear, take care, come home quick before your siblings finish the food she bought and cooked"

"Yes ma."
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 8:55am On May 29, 2015
"George buddy"

"Hi James, don't tell me I haven't been looking for you cause I have"

"Yea,I know you have. What's up with that babe. Errhhh Tracy right?"

"Yea Tracy "George smirked "She's fine,she's my girl Now"

"WoW, all hail the great George"

"Well I'm not playing with her,It's something serious bro"

"You're in love erh?"

"Yea,that's true bro, she just left my house and I'll be going to hers on Monday..."

"Wow... that's great news"

"Well there's one little problem bro"

"what's it?"

"I dunno if her parents would like me,they are rich and..."

"Chill bro, Lemme give you some tips"

"I'm all ears" george said as he grinned

"You need to be your best when you get there, Be presentable.. have you got your pay check?"

"Not yet man,but I have some dough left from last month"

"okay, go to the mall and get some new clothes, A nice suit would do. And then,Be bold. When you get there don't Be timid or feel inferior, Have a nice haircut,brush your teeth..."

"Lol bro why won't I..."

"listen,I'm not yet done George.Try to look and act your best. Learn the etiquettes of foods and teble setting okay?"

"Yes Mr adviser."

"Are you mocking me George?"

"Not at all. thanks for your advice."

"You're welcome. BTW,thw reason I called for you was because all the old boys from sec school are meeting today.Will you come?"

"Yea, let's go there now,are you ready?"

"Yea, I am,I'll be with you in a moment,l need to call this boy to watch the shop."
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Fabzgrace(f): 8:56am On May 29, 2015
Happy may 29 guys.
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by mubzay(f): 10:19am On May 29, 2015
Hmmm. Love in d air but something is brewing behind d curtain. Awaiting ur next update.
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by Neduzze5(m): 6:52am On May 30, 2015
Still following. Nice update but yet to see a twist of suspense innit!
Re: Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace by PricelessCharm(f): 7:35am On May 30, 2015
Neduzze5:
Still following. Nice update but yet to see a twist of suspense innit!
True.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nmeri's literary junkyard / The 5man Crew / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.