Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,436 members, 7,836,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Advice On Canadian Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice On Canadian Visa (817 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canadian Visa Experts is a scam / Canadian Visa! True Or Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Canadian Visa by phil2009: 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2009
Can somebody advice me on this topic, i graduated ten years ago in niger based here with my family in europe for past 4years, i intend relocating to canada in the nearest future, have not gotten my legal status yet in europe but have gotten admissions to a college in canada, and i have all resources to sponsored myself while in canada, will canadian embassy in niger grant me a visa or should i stay put here until my legal status is given to me, i dont know what to do. your kind advice will be high welcome, thanks guys
Re: Advice On Canadian Visa by igbogolo: 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ poster
its very difficult for anyone o advise you based on what u have submitted. can u be more specific? what excatly do u mean by your status
how are u there for 10 years? are u a permanent resident or what
what have u been doing there that gave u the money to pay your fees in canada
are u a nigerian citizen( i note u used 'niger')
applying from outside nigeria is always a preferable option but that depends on your legal status in the outside country.
other people might be able to help when u becomme more explicit
Re: Advice On Canadian Visa by phil2009: 7:31pm On Feb 10, 2009
thanks my brother, am asy seeker, i dont know my fate yet almost 4 years ago
Re: Advice On Canadian Visa by Omonla(f): 8:43pm On Feb 10, 2009
phil2009:

Can somebody advice me on this topic, i graduated ten years ago in niger based here with my family in europe for past 4years, i intend relocating to canada in the nearest future, have not gotten my legal status yet in europe but have gotten admissions to a college in canada, and i have all resources to sponsored myself while in canada, will canadian embassy in niger grant me a visa or should i stay put here until my legal status is given to me, i dont know what to do. your kind advice will be high welcome, thanks guys

phil2009:

thanks my brother, am asy seeker, i dont know my fate yet almost 4 years ago

@Phil2009,

If what you are trying to do is apply for Canadian permanent residency from Europe, you can do it only IF you were legally admitted into Europe on a visa that has a duration of one year or more.
If you arrived in Europe illegally, you will have to return to your home country to apply for Canadian permanent residence from there.

If you have a strong asylum claim in Europe, better to stay there and obtain a legal status than move at this time.

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice.
Re: Advice On Canadian Visa by mikkyangel(m): 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2009
phil2009

i"ll advise you to obtain your legal status first before you even think of making any move.Going back to niger to aply will do you no good.i just finished my first year MBA programe here in warsaw Poland and i am thinking of continuing my education in canada with my transcrpt obtained from here combined with my first degree result obtained from nigeria.As a result, i have been to the Canadian and Australian Emabssy in the last couple of weeks,the the first question they asked me was that "do i live legally here in poland"?.

BY the way, which country in Europe do you reside? if its a non-english speaking nation just like poland"(my opinion), your chances of getting the visa is very bright(though i really dont know much about english speaking european nations), this is as result of the fact that the canadian the embassy here in poland is not as populated(or should i say do not receive much visitors as often),owing to the fact that the citizens here shy away from speaking the language , English.even when on ocassions when i got there,the people i meet where mainly Asians who could manage to speak a little english.

On the contrary,if you feel getting ur legal status may take time,you could better still aply for a programme in the country where you reside,and the school would assist you in geting a suport letter to aply for legal status, but it all boils down to where you live in europe.
Re: Advice On Canadian Visa by phil2009: 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2009
Thanks so much, i reside in an english speaking country, you know 4years, its not a joke, i lost my dad, in that period, unable to go home, my fair is that if i should go how do i comeback, with the situation on hand now, i have all resources to apply for visa in niger to canada, atleast if i could be granted atleast everything will be ok for me. thanks once again

(1) (Reply)

Question On Tier 4 Points Based System / My Son Visa Is Endorsed With My Parents Name And Passport Number Pls Advise / Contact Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.