Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,894 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Do You Believe God Is Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe God Is Real? (491 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Attempts To Prove Facetime She Had With Apostle Suleman Is Real / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe God Is Real? by agwom(m): 5:10am On May 18, 2015
When it comes down to believing anything, its really a matter of choice. If there is one belief you must believe, you need to believe God truly does exist. He is all knowing. He is all powerful. He wants you to know Him intimately. Will you give Him a chance to reveal Himself to you today?

In Isaiah 40:28 it says, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable". (NKJV) God desires for you to know the everlasting God. He is the One Who created you and He created you for His purpose. You may want to know what you purpose is in life. You won't know it nor fulfill it unless you go to God.

If you would look at your own body you would see how wonderfully it was made. Psalm 139:14 says, "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well". (NKJV) You did not create yourself. God said in Genesis 1:26, "Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness... ". (NKJV) You were created by a very creative God.
Re: Do You Believe God Is Real? by morrygreat: 5:31am On May 18, 2015
agwom:
When it comes down to believing anything, its really a matter of choice. If there is one belief you must believe, you need to believe God truly does exist. He is all knowing. He is all powerful. He wants you to know Him intimately. Will you give Him a chance to reveal Himself to you today?

In Isaiah 40:28 it says, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable". (NKJV) God desires for you to know the everlasting God. He is the One Who created you and He created you for His purpose. You may want to know what you purpose is in life. You won't know it nor fulfill it unless you go to God.

If you would look at your own body you would see how wonderfully it was made. Psalm 139:14 says, "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well". (NKJV) You did not create yourself. God said in Genesis 1:26, "Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness... ". (NKJV) You were created by a very creative God.

Where is that God?

Re: Do You Believe God Is Real? by menesheh(m): 6:53am On May 18, 2015
agwom:

What did Allah said about the bolded.

21st century arguments are only asking, where is the convincing evidence , we ve seen alot of same stories of hallucinations even in these present time, any of them that's capable of presenting evidence will have our pass mark

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe God Is Real? by davien(m): 8:22am On May 18, 2015
Let's see what belief in god/gods gets us;

Violence
Family segregation
Chastising other denominations
Mind control and political control
Prejudices on who to marry
Prejudices on behaviour and sexual orientation
Child abuse based on what you believe a child should always do in respect to religion I.e go to church,pray,etc (I.e failure to do those things result in often cruel punishments )
Hatred or stigma against people who doubt or question your line of thinking...
Extraordinary lengths to prove faith by performing acts like self-harm,drinking poison,piercing your body parts or abstinence from food for harmful amounts of time...
Retards scientific progress...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Are You Disappointed In God? / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens / Is Religious Selfishness Excusable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.