Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

These Countries Have The Best School Systems - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / These Countries Have The Best School Systems (2412 Views)

MOUA, Umudike Is The Best School In the East, My Opinion. See Why / Top 3 Reasons O.A.U Ife Is The ''dumbest'' Best School In Nigeria / Top 11 Best School Of Nursing In Nigeria 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Countries Have The Best School Systems by mickyeddi(m): 6:50am On May 18, 2015
Paris-based think tank the OECD's Universal Basic Skills report crunches test scores in maths and science across 76 countries. It comprises more than a third of the world's nations, including countries such as Iran and Peru.

Asian countries dominated the list with city state Singapore clinching the top spot, followed by Hong Kong, South Korea and then Japan and Taiwan in joint fourth place.

African countries Morocco, South Africa and Ghana were among the lowest ranking countries.

1. Singapore
2. Hong Kong
3. South Korea
4. Japan (joint)
4. Taiwan (joint)
6. Finland
7. Estonia
8. Switzerland
9. Netherlands
10. Canada
11. Poland
12. Vietnam
13. Germany
14. Australia
15. Ireland
16. Belgium
17. New Zealand
18. Slovenia
19. Austria
20. United Kingdom
21. Czech Republic
22. Denmark
23. France
24. Latvia
25. Norway
26. Luxembourg
27. Spain
28. Italy (joint)
28. United States (joint)
30. Portugal
31. Lithuania
32. Hungary
33. Iceland
34. Russia
35. Sweden
36. Croatia
37. Slovak Republic
38. Ukraine
39. Israel
40. Greece
41. Turkey
42. Serbia
43. Bulgaria
44. Romania
45. UAE
46. Cyprus
47. Thailand
48. Chile
49. Kazakhstan
50. Armenia
51. Iran
52. Malaysia
53. Costa Rica
54. Mexico
55. Uruguay
56. Montenegro
57. Bahrain
58. Lebanon
59. Georgia
60. Brazil
61. Jordan
62. Argentina
63. Albania
64. Tunisia
65. Macedonia
66. Saudi Arabia
67. Colombia
68. Qatar
69. Indonesia
70. Botswana
71. Peru
72. Oman
73. Morocco
74. Honduras
75. South Africa
76. Ghana

I'm not surprised Nigeria is not even on that list, I guess Nigeria is unrankable.

http://www.cityam.com/215746/uk-has-come-20th-biggest-global-schools-ranking?ITO=yahoo
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by Redoil: 6:58am On May 18, 2015
This mumu ranking with their no school in nigeria
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by AnambraDota: 7:12am On May 18, 2015
I think they didn't go to Anambra State, schools in Anambra would have boost Nigeria chance of being ranked.
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by coputa(m): 7:59am On May 18, 2015
AnambraDota:
I think they didn't go to Anambra State, schools in Anambra would have boost Nigeria chance of being ranked.

What about the schools in Anambra,how are they better than the rest.
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by coputa(m): 8:08am On May 18, 2015
Redoil:
This mumu ranking with their no school in nigeria
Do you have schools in Nigeria,when our leaders has destroyed it to its very foundation,no infrastructure,poor remuneration,incessant strike,backlog of salaries and lack of training etc.Their children attends the best schools abroad.

1 Like

Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by Nobody: 8:20am On May 18, 2015
coputa:
What about the schools in Anambra,how are they better than the rest.

Google won't charge you a monkeyass to know who rule the system, Anambra Schools are the best, its not a fiction its a fact with empirical evidence enough to make a Cow go bellyup.

Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by coputa(m): 8:57am On May 18, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Google won't charge you a monkeyass to know who rule the system, Anambra Schools are the best, its not a fiction its a fact with empirical evidence enough to make a Cow go bellyup.
Cant you post the evidence.Google in google out,garbage in garbage out.

1 Like

Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by Opinedecandid(m): 9:42am On May 18, 2015
We go soon join.
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by Nobody: 10:11am On May 18, 2015
coputa:
Cant you post the evidence.Google in google out,garbage in garbage out.

Nairaland will collapse by the time am done with uploading the links, files, data and infographics.
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by coputa(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2015
Opinedecandid:
We go soon join.
We go soon join,when and how,through Buhari your miracle worker.Nigerias are difficult to lead but easy to deceive.
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by coputa(m): 11:37am On May 18, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Nairaland will collapse by the time am done with uploading the links, files, data and infographics.

Dont support something you cannot suport with concrete evidence.Igbo dey go school,who now attends the so call good schools in Anambra state,strangers.
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by asha80(m): 11:40am On May 18, 2015
coputa:
Dont support something you cannot suport with concrete evidence.Igbo dey go school,who now attends the so call good schools in Anambra state,strangers.
though I believe the guy you quoted went a bit overboard but to say 'igbo dey go school' is the height of ignorance laced with misplaced arrogance

1 Like

Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by coputa(m): 11:51am On May 18, 2015
asha80:
though I believe the guy you quoted went a bit overboard but to say 'igbo dey go school' is the height of ignorance laced with misplaced arrogance
With due respect,the percentage of Igbos that went to school is very low compred with their huge population,they prefare learning a trade/market than going to school.Thats the truth,i dont mean to spite any tribe.
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 18, 2015
coputa:
With due respect,the percentage of Igbos that went to school is very low compred with their huge population,they prefare learning a trade/market than going to school.Thats the truth,i dont mean to spite any tribe.

This is why I decided not to answer you straight, I want you to lift your lazy fingers and do little research online to know what is happening in your environment.
Prolly your among the sophisticated people that still live in the past by thinking our ancestors were ahead so no need for us to compete anymore.
Our dad was the first to buy BnW TV so no need for us his kids to buy colored telly, our ancestors were the first to build a story mud house so no need we children trying to use cement any more.

Igbos don't go to school because you believe that every trader in the street is an illiterate.

I won't dignify you with response because I know you have already had biased view of the Igbos so no need to flog a dead Horse.

Akpa amu
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by coputa(m): 1:07pm On May 18, 2015
BuddahMonk:

This is why I decided not to answer you straight, I want you to lift your lazy fingers and do little research online to know what is happening in your environment.
Prolly your among the sophisticated people that still live in the past by thinking our ancestors were ahead so no need for us to compete anymore.
Our dad was the first to buy BnW TV so no need for us his kids to buy colored telly, our ancestors were the first to build a story mud house so no need we children trying to use cement any more.

Igbos don't go to school because you believe that every trader in the street is an illiterate.

I won't dignify you with response because I know you have already had biased view of the Igbos so no need to flog a dead Horse.

Akpa amu
You are getting it all wrong,Educated Igbo traders are few compared with those that had no education.Why do you hate to hear the truth.
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 18, 2015
AnambraDota:

...which Anambra?I only know of one in Nigeria.If it's the same,you're wrong...
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 18, 2015
coputa:
You are getting it all wrong,Educated Igbo traders are few compared with those that had no education.Why do you hate to hear the truth.

What is education and how do you know who is educated
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by mazeltov(m): 1:40pm On May 18, 2015
What's the noise all about for God sake, must you guys chest beat on everything?
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 18, 2015
mazeltov:
What's the noise all about for God sake, must you guys chest beat on everything?

We are not chestbeating, we are trying to set the record straight because envious and poor states like Osun with her Osundefender online one naira blog is trying to tarnish the image of great Omanbalas
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 18, 2015
Omotolu:
...which Anambra?I only know of one in Nigeria.If it's the same,you're wrong...

It doesn't pay to be deaf dumb n blind, why do you think a beggarly and run down mud apparition is trying to tarnish the image of Anambra with her useless online newspaper, Osun that is dead, insolvent and collapse is channeling all her energy in try to throw mud at Omanbala while the village mud cesspit of ritualists den of a state is overriden with debts.
Very soon commercial banks will come and look up that mud apparition you called state because the account is red and nowhere to run to.

Tell Osun and her defender to back off from Omabalas or we will tell Obiano to come and demolish the state and use the muds there to fill our gully spots.
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by coputa(m): 2:49pm On May 18, 2015
BuddahMonk:

What is education and how do you know who is educated
We are talking about formal education here,which is classroom based(schools). and not an informal setting.
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 18, 2015
coputa:
We are talking about formal education here,which is classroom based(schools). and not an informal setting.

Education is relative, head or tail Igbos still lead.

Igbod have dominated Nigeri education scene for more than two decades, you can believe what your told about being the most sophisticated so no need for anybody to overtake you.

Do a little research in education in Nigeria and see who is leading the pack, Igbos are no longer competing with you zulus, south south have overtaking you long time ago while you still leave in your foools paradise of we are the most.

Whether formal or informal education, you cannt spar Igbos because ours is back up with statistics from credible bodies like WAEC, NECO, NBS, JAMB, MDG, APRM, Unity School, Kings College while yours is by makebelieve of Osundefender, SaharaReporter, Ogun Vanguard, and retrospective analysis beclouded by emotion and tribalism
Re: These Countries Have The Best School Systems by mazeltov(m): 3:46pm On May 18, 2015
[s]
BuddahMonk:

We are not chestbeating, we are trying to set the record straight because envious and poor states like Osun with her Osundefender online one naira blog is trying to tarnish the image of great Omanbalas
[/s] tell me one thing igbos have achieved in education and I will tell you five things that yorubas have achieved in education which the igbos have not achieved.... If you can't, you can enter lagoon for all i care!!!!!!!! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

CEO Naijaloaded Makinde Azeez's Brother Bags 1st Class From UNIILORIN / Yoruba Language In Mathematics And Science Make Your Contribution / Who Has Seen This Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.