Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Limitation: An Essay - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Limitation: An Essay (513 Views)

Too Much Planning Of An Essay Or Any Form Of Prose Results To A Workmanlike..... / Too Much Planning Of An Essay Or Any Form Of Prose Results To A Workmanlike..... / An Essay By An 8year old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Limitation: An Essay by nicholausian(m): 8:28pm On May 18, 2015
I like to write, making sure my sentences captivates as well as instructs,inform,educate or anything I want it to do. But I'm often faced with blockades, limitation in the form of fears. Limitation is in the mind, I heard this a few weeks ago in... now I'm not sure where.
I just want to overcome fear and face this screen to write, perhaps utter rubbish but utter rubbish from my heart.
So here goes nothing:
I think limitations are nothing but us telling ourselves we can't do stuff, 'cos there's always a 'why not' in every individual and when we allow fear to silence our 'why nots', we become restricted, constrained to where ever we are.
We should begin to think what really can stop me, money; I don't think so. Health ; that's nothing. What can really stop me is me. And it's time we told ourselves: me can't stop me.So as I write I think why not? Why can't I make a powerstation that can electrify the whole country? Because there's just no enabling environment? I bet there wasn't any enabling environment when the Wright brothers made the first plane. Nor was there enabling environment when Mark Zukenburg(forgive my spelling) made Facebook. It all had to do with mind.
Think within there's always a first in everyone. Something that perhaps no other can achieve except us. Imagine there were no cars now because the guy who was to invent had been petered by the impossibilities, and also imagine a need that has not been salved yet, it shouldn't come as a surprise that one man somewhere had let let his fears override his dreams, maybe it's the cure for AIDS we don't have or maybe it's just a music-playing sunglasses, it's non-ex istent now because someone refused to use his why not.
Humans are powerful thinkers, but indeed human is a word too general for genuis. What distinguishes genuises from mere thinkers is the doing. We've all got it in us, be the different one.

1 Like

Re: Limitation: An Essay by Tomtoxic: 5:53pm On May 23, 2015
Love the way u write #inspiring

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Convict, The Broken And The Storyteller (CBS) Episode 3 / Episode 11: Chronicles Of Isioma / The Childless Cry.part 1 (poetry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.