Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others (65145 Views)

Aminu Gamawa Bags Doctorate Degree At Harvard Law School,US.Photos / Abiodun Alao Lectures At King’s College University Of London / Meet Nigerian Woman Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 5:10pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
so what are those african cultural practices that promote foolishness and mediocrity?
Sigh Not again. I thought I had that covered when I talked about choosing age/Experience /status over substance
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 5:17pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
so what makes d queen elizabeth better than oba akiolu or any traditional ruler 4 that matter? If your claim about africans not valuing youths was tenable, then that custom which was followed in agbor would have been discarded by d "elders".Not valuing youths or not promoting competence and excellence? Which are u trying 2 espouse? I don't no about OBJ being a stooge of d west, then again, madam sirleaf also had support from her own people at home just like mrs banda of malawi(or was she also installed by US?) Which brings me back 2d issue, do u value african culture?
for their majesties Crass partisanship versus dignified neutrality but I used them in different contexts.

I said youths not one particular youth who has "immunity"

like I said you never know as e de go for democracy.you think you're the one choosing.no,you're programmed to choose whom they want you to choose
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Kazrem(m): 5:25pm On May 20, 2015
Wow, she didn't go to school yet she has money, influence, recognition and even still speaks good English. Some people who even read up to PhD so not have one tenth of what she had achieved. I am not undermining the importance of education but the bottom line is that it's not through only formal education that one can achieve it's goal. Formal education is only a means.
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 5:53pm On May 20, 2015
mikolo80:
for their majesties Crass partisanship versus dignified neutrality but I used them in different contexts.

I said youths not one particular youth who has "immunity"

like I said you never know as e de go for democracy.you think you're the one choosing.no,you're programmed to choose whom they want you to choose
though not an excuse 4d shortcomings of our traditional rulers, D british monarchy has also produced crass undignified ruthless monarchs in time past. Yet they still believed in and valued d institution. I no 4a fact that senator ndoma egba became a minister at d age of 27 under buhari. D late matthew mbu first became a minister of d federal republic when he was less than 30 under murtala. Yakubu gowon was 32 when he became head of state. At this age were these gentlemen not youths? Nobody programmes anybody 2 choose. U still have a right not 2 vote if u feel a candidate is being foisted on u. In d cases I mentioned, d locals voted regardless of whatever external influence u think was at work. That counts 4 something. DO U VALUE AFRICAN CULTURE?
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by bornmekus: 8:38pm On May 20, 2015
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 9:45pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
though not an excuse 4d shortcomings of our traditional rulers, D british monarchy has also produced crass undignified ruthless monarchs in time past.

but they've got the stones to back it up

Yet they still believed in and valued d institution.

For the last time I said we overvalue our bad institutions that have boded us ill

I no 4a fact that senator ndoma egba became a minister at d age of 27 under buhari. D late matthew mbu first became a minister of d federal republic when he was less than 30 under murtala. Yakubu gowon was 32 when he became head of state. At this age were these gentlemen not youths?

Out of how many. And they were the incompetent ones,always its the incompetent youth we revere

Nobody programmes anybody 2 choose. U still have a right not 2 vote if u feel a candidate is being foisted on u. In d cases I mentioned, d locals voted regardless of whatever external influence u think was at work. That counts 4 something. DO U VALUE AFRICAN CULTURE?

over 37million did not vote this election,41million last election about 30million before that.we still produced a ruler. By not voting you are Acquiescing to whateve good or bad leader you get.either way majority carries the vote. Aka you have voted by omission.

And though nothing should be condemned in its entirety, no I don't put much shrift in african culture cos all it connotes is poverty and ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 10:47pm On May 20, 2015
mikolo80:

over 37million did not vote this election,41million last election about 30million before that.we still produced a ruler. By not voting you are Acquiescing to whateve good or bad leader you get.either way majority carries the vote. Aka you have voted by omission.

And though nothing should be condemned in its entirety, no I don't put much shrift in african culture cos all it connotes is poverty and ignorance
U sound so bitter and pessimistic about africa and its culture and u sing d praises of d western culture. U condemn everything african but offer no way forward. U speak glowingly of how d west did a good job marketing their culture but here u are tearing down yours and then u say d culture isn't producing money. Do u think d western cultures u so boast of became so attractive cos they never had issues? I will tell what they had which u don't have, they had faith. They valued what they have. They believed in what they had and they kept working it and refining it and they are still working. But when folks like u insult d very essence of our existence as a people without profering real life solutions, then what moral authority do u have 2 complain?
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 11:05pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
U sound so bitter and pessimistic about africa and its culture and u sing d praises of d western culture. U condemn everything african but offer no way forward. U speak glowingly of how d west did a good job marketing their culture but here u are tearing down yours and then u say d culture isn't producing money. Do u think d western cultures u so boast of became so attractive cos they never had issues? I will tell what they had which u don't have, they had faith. They valued what they have. They believed in what they had and they kept working it and refining it and they are still working. But when folks like u insult d very essence of our existence as a people without profering real life solutions, then what moral authority do u have 2 complain?
First of phuck moral authority (excuse my french) I don't need any authority to complain. Especially when I am complaining about transparent conk undiluted unfiltered down low mediocrity and failure.

Solution copy what works.what works is white man's culture of excellence

thank goodness you said they refined their culture. Last time I checked refined meant "change" to som'n better or at least different

they changed their bad culture like no democracy and prima Noctur and beheaded a king and his queen along the way but hey if ya'll want to continue having faith and believing in what has never,is not and will never produce the results that people cross deserts and oceans in paddle boats for then be my guest but thinkin to foist same mentality of backwardness on me and mine...bros...e no go be...ever
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 11:14pm On May 20, 2015
mikolo80:
First of phuck moral authority (excuse my french) I don't need any authority to complain. Especially when I am complaining about transparent conk undiluted unfiltered down low mediocrity and failure.

Solution copy what works.what works is white man's culture of excellence

thank goodness you said they refined their culture. Last time I checked refined meant "change" to som'n better or at least different

they changed their bad culture like no democracy and prima Noctur and beheaded a king and his queen along the way but hey if ya'll want to continue having faith and believing in what has never,is not and will never produce the results that people cross deserts and oceans in paddle boats for then be my guest but thinkin to foist same mentality of backwardness on me and mine...bros...e no go be...ever
no ones forcing anything on u. U are d one trying 2 force yourself out of who u are. D more u try 2 paint africa in bad light d more u show u are "african".
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 11:25pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
no ones forcing anything on u. U are d one trying 2 force yourself out of who u are. D more u try 2 paint africa in bad light d more u show u are "african".
of course I am african. But I will force mediocrity and failure out of my life/self so my children will not end up as slaves. You do whatever makes you happy.
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 11:27pm On May 20, 2015
mikolo80:
of course I am african. But I will force mediocrity and failure out of my life/self so my children will not end up as slaves. You do whatever makes you happy.
I will sure do. My observation is that u seem 2 reflect a lot of d africa u described
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 11:29pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
I will sure do. My observation is that u seem 2 reflect a lot of d africa u described
How please enlighten me
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 11:40pm On May 20, 2015
mikolo80:
How please enlighten me
D bitterness, d pessimism, d superstition...that's african right? U exhibit all these
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 11:44pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
D bitterness, d pessimism, d superstition...that's african right? U exhibit all these
nothing african about bitterness ,its a universal human emotion expressed when frustrated by your people/environment

pessimism,please point to one bright spot just one

I think the concept of superstition eludes
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Ade3000yrs(m): 11:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
honestly i should be proud of this Nigerian and African icon, but believe me, my one on one encounter with her was a very ugly one. this woman is far less the role model as she us often described. To me, i blv she's suffering and subject to d euphoria of the fame and novelty. Nike my foot!! You may see a living legend or an heroine but I see an empty face with no value to add nor offer d world.
As far as am concerned she needs serious education and reorientation just like every other Nigeria celebrities who are now deranged and derailed by the adjulations of their dreams and fame cos most of them suffer from insecurity and inferiority complex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) / (PHOTO) What Is He Doing In The Classroom? / TOP 10 Secondary Schools In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.