Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,139 members, 7,821,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) (2231 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Biafra Shocker!!! Sunday Oliseh Refused To Be called Igbo!!! See 0:35 - 0:40 / A Brief History Of The Ikwerre People Of Rivers State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by pinkguy(m): 7:16pm On May 19, 2015
tribes around south east and south do not just hate igbo without reasons, after force some of this people to change their names and speak igbo, a good example is nsuka and ikwerre people. Why Do Igbos still try to force their identity on ikwerre people of river state but hate and reject nsuka people of enugu state maybe it because ikwerre are bless with oil and nsuka are not ,if ikwerre are igbo why do the take igbo property after the civil war ?

1 Like

Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by CHM11: 7:23pm On May 19, 2015
pinkguy:
tribes around south east and south do not just hate igbo without reasons, after force some of this people to change their names and speak igbo, a good example is nsuka and ikwerre people. Why Do Igbos still try to force their identity on ikwerre people of river state but hate and reject nsuka people of enugu state maybe it because ikwerre are bless with oil and nsuka are not ,if ikwerre are igbo why do the take igbo property after the civil war ?

Lol, as much as you are trying to make sense, all you will get is insults upon insults

1 Like

Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by pinkguy(m): 7:32pm On May 19, 2015
Is very funny and stupid after forcing nsuka people to change their name and speak igbo the enjor maybe gain orgasm calling them non igbo
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by Emyogalanya: 7:35pm On May 19, 2015
And ur statistics were taken from where? well once upon a time during d campaigns a certain man from rivers state went to enugu and spoke to igbo's in igbo language telling them he was more igbo than his one man from otueke my investigations revealed that this man is from the said ikwerre a brother to toto dikeh and monalisa chinda and duncan mighty. All these ikwerre ppl are just political non-igbo's but they are culturally spiritually emotionally economically traditionally tribaly educationally ideallogically religiously unargueably unreversiblly IGBO'S let the whole of them deal with it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by tonychristopher: 9:07pm On May 19, 2015
pinkguy:

Not again

The same way Yoruba despise ijebu and egbas also

FOR HEAVEN SAKE THEY ARE IGBO TRIBES AND LEAVE IGBO TO SORT THEIR INTERNAL AFFAIRS

PLS
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:31pm On May 19, 2015
tonychristopher:

Not again

FOR HEAVEN SAKE THEY ARE IGBO TRIBES AND LEAVE IGBO TO SORT THEIR INTERNAL AFFAIRS

PLS

Yoruba despise Ijebu and Egba ? How can you despise yourself ? Ijebu and Egba have never said they are not Yoruba. The Yoruba are one indivisible people anywhere in the world,from Cuba to Brazil, from Jamaica to Trinidad and Tobago, and Benin republic to Nigeria. One people,one culture !

2 Likes

Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by Nobody: 2:02am On May 20, 2015
tonychristopher:

Not again

PLS

Stop saying rubbish. Yorubaa are one united family irrespective of their geopolitical zones. From Kogi down to Lagos state.

Indivisible force.
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by ChinenyeN(m): 3:15am On May 20, 2015
Odo nunu!? A dito ilufu the OP onu sita giri? undecided Bia, OP. Haa onye odo bandwidth, ma i maa whne i ganu iji a eme.
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by oboy3(m): 10:28am On May 20, 2015
pinkguy:
let me open a thread cos my mates are opening too,,,,,mtcheeew
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by tonychristopher: 10:38am On May 20, 2015
walexy30:

Stop saying rubbish. Yorubaa are one united family irrespective of their geopolitical zones. From Kogi down to Lagos state.

Indivisible force.

united ..i laugh

I have seen many egun in badagry saying they are not Yoruba ...i have seen many okun in kabba saying they shouldn't be addressed as Yoruba ..I have also seen how Yoruba hate ijebus

Yet they are united

They have the unity of Jonah and the whale

1 Like

Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by tonychristopher: 10:40am On May 20, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

Yoruba despise Ijebu and Egba ? How can you despise yourself ? Ijebu and Egba have never said they are not Yoruba. The Yoruba are one indivisible people anywhere in the world,from Cuba to Brazil, from Jamaica to Trinidad and Tobago, and Benin republic to Nigeria. One people,one culture !
Forget that ..we know the way the ijebu are despised ..the okun are been called forest or mountain dwellers

Tell that to those not in lagos not me
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by oboy3(m): 10:46am On May 20, 2015
tonychristopher:

united ..i laugh

I have seen many egun in badagry saying they are not Yoruba ...i have seen many okun in kabba saying they shouldn't be addressed as Yoruba ..I have also seen how Yoruba hate ijebus

Yet they are united

They have the unity of Jonah and the whale
dont mind them,,i grew up in lagos the way they dislike ijebu but they come online pretending they are all one,,many a times have i seen other yorubas swear they or their kids will never marrry ijebu,,there is this song used in tauting ijebu peeps

ijebu kala,ijebu buru
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by tonychristopher: 10:59am On May 20, 2015
oboy3:
dont mind them,,i grew up in lagos the way they dislike ijebu but they come online pretending they are all one,,many a times have i seen other yorubas swear they or their kids will never marrry ijebu,,there is this song used in tauting ijebu peeps

ijebu kala,ijebu buru

See how they hate ijebus

read this

Dauda Adesina Ajongbolo-Joki

t means different things to different people. IJEBU. To some, it means fake or counterfeit. A poor parody of an original item. Thus, we have 'owo ijebu' (counterfeit money). To others, Ijebu is a synonym for being stingy, being miserly or being thrift to the extreme. What the yorubas call 'ahun'. Some people see the Ijebus as a people with the most effective juju, particularly the ones for placing a curse or casting a spell on people. Thus, not a few people fear the Ijebus because of their belief in the damaging effect of what the yorubas call 'epe ijebu'.

Among the many sub-ethnic groups that form the yoruba race, i think the Ijebus are the most interesting people. Even the animals recognize Ijebu's complexity. That is why the bray of a mule produces the sound IJEB-U-U-U-U-U-U !!!!!!. Not even when one is faced with the reality of an imminent death, would he fail to mention ijebu. Thus, the very last words that come out of the water filled mouth of a drowning person who is emperiled in the mist of a deep sea, is 'JEBUUUU ! 'JEBUUUU !! 'JEBUUUUU !!!!

What does Ijebu mean to you? For me, the Ijebus are the most industrious people in this part of the world. Very shrewd in business, assiduous at work, cerebral at learning and highly articulate. They are also painstaking and meticulous in planning. Ijebus don't make empty noise, they are silent achievers. If Egba is the gateway to civilization, then ijebu is the zenith and resident thereof. So, a superman can not but be made of anyone with a combination of the two rich blood, running in his veins. That explains why Awo was great. It also accounts for why Wole Soyinka is special. My impression about the ijebus results from my encounters with a few of them, in the course of my adult life. I was thought law by Prof Taiwo Osipitan SAN, one of the most distinguished Nigerian man of letters and scholarship. His carbon copy in that field, is Prof Yemi Osinbajo SAN. They are two sides of the same coin on law of evidence. I mean these ijebu egg heads are original coins of the topmost grade, not 'ijebu coin'.The productive value of the ijebus is immeasurable. We see their hands in virtually everything of value, just name it. Gaari ijebu, ogiri ijebu, aporo epa ijebu, ose ijebu, epo ijebu, aso ijebu, fila ijebu, pako ijebu, Orin ijebu. Indeed, life is empty without ijebu's imput, the list is endless.

We yorubas have a way of forming peculiar impressions about each of the sub-ethnic groups in yorubaland. So, our impression about the Ekitis is different from those of Oyos. Those of Ijesas are not the same as the Ekos. Our idea of the Ondos and Akokos are different from those of Osuns, ilajes, ikales or Ifes. Although some of these impressions are not very true, they remain indelibly unchanged in our mindset. Yoobas, a mix bag of interesting variables. Ire o.
Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=679903048799929&id=100003407196053&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6126037929532109589%3Amf_story_key.-5894563021417293161&__tn__=%2As

https://www.nairaland.com/2195611/ijebu-muse-multi-dimensional-yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by Ihuomadinihu: 12:44pm On May 20, 2015
ChinenyeN:
Odo nunu!? A dito ilufu the OP onu sita giri? undecided Bia, OP. Haa onye odo bandwidth, ma i maa whne i ganu iji a eme.
Odighi ihe oji bandwidth eme nu. Haha,this dialect sha.:>

1 Like

Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2015
Who told you that IGBO'S reject nsukka?
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by tpiadotcom: 3:29pm On May 20, 2015
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by pinkguy(m): 5:32pm On May 20, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
Who told you that IGBO'S reject nsukka?
u should direct that qustion to nsukka man
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by oturugo(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2015
pinkguy:

Bingo, stop writing about a people you know nothing about. Did any Ikwerre man seize houses from their Igbo brothers?. No. It was done by the Ijaw led administration in Rivers state.
Bingo, for the last time, Ndigbo see Nsukka as Igbo. Stop creating idiotic divisions here. FOOOL.
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 20, 2015
pinkguy:
u should direct that qustion to nsukka man

omoale go and sort your hatred for Ijebu people out before venturing into Igbos' affair.

Yaribas be like ijebu people stingy die I no fit marry from there, they are not yaribas.
Re: This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) by bigfrancis21: 10:32pm On May 20, 2015

(1)

Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion / Learn Chinese In 5 Minutes / How Do You Say The Names Of Geometric Shapes In Hausa Igbo And Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.