Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! (689 Views)

Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! / Esu Laaroye- The Police Of The Universe / Newsflash!! Forget Bigbang, Forget Creationism, The Universe Had No Begining. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2015
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — John Glenn, who declared as a 77-year-old in a news conference from space that "to look out at this kind of creation out here and not believe in God is to me impossible," says facts about scientific discovery should be taught in schools — and that includes evolution.

The astronaut, now 93 with fading eyesight and hearing, told The Associated Press in a recent interview that he sees no contradiction between believing in God and believing in evolution.

"I don't see that I'm any less religious by the fact that I can appreciate the fact that science just records that we change with evolution and time, and that's a fact," said Glenn, a Presbyterian. "It doesn't mean it's less wondrous and it doesn't mean that there can't be some power greater than any of us that has been behind and is behind whatever is going on."

Glenn — the first American to orbit the Earth, a former U.S. senator, a onetime Democratic presidential candidate, flier of combat planes in two wars, and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom — ruminated on many other topics in the interview last week with the AP, including:

— Possible reasons why he never got assigned to another space flight after orbiting Earth in Friendship 7 in 1962 (until his 1998 trip into space, that is).

I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN THE BOLDED...now, that's my JESUS!!! cool
Re: Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! by plaetton: 9:32pm On May 20, 2015
A personal opinion is far from an endorsement. I am not sure if the op knows the meaning of endorsement.
Anyone who goes into space cannot but be awed by what he or she beholds.

It is not so different from witnessing an ocean wave and proclaiming that only a sea god could move the oceans in such a grand style.
Or, that thunder and lightening are clear manifestations of angry gods.

When we behold these awe- inspiring things, it is the primitive parts of brain that become most active.

2 Likes

Re: Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:56pm On May 20, 2015
plaetton:
A personal opinion is far from an endorsement. I am not sure if the op knows the meaning of endorsement.
Anyone who goes into space cannot but be awed by what he or she beholds.

It is not so different from witnessing an ocean wave and proclaiming that only a sea god could move the oceans in such a grand style.
Or, that thunder and lightening are clear manifestations of angry gods.

When we behold these awe- inspiring things, it is the primitive parts of brain that become most active.

...GET A DICTIONARY, THE BOLDED WORD IS LIGHTNING
Re: Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! by johnydon22(m): 10:06pm On May 20, 2015
So i take it that you agree with evolution then? wink
Re: Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! by finofaya: 10:09pm On May 20, 2015
There are astronauts who don't believe in God.
Re: Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! by plaetton: 10:15pm On May 20, 2015
bingbagbo:

Oh wow!
Great rebuttal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! by johnydon22(m): 10:27pm On May 20, 2015
plaetton:

Oh wow!
Great rebuttal.

Actually it was a wonderful rebuttal... I think he really did one heck of a job in refuting ur post totally... am impressed by the intelligence he employed ...

2 Likes

Re: Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! by plaetton: 10:33pm On May 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Actually it was a wonderful rebuttal... I think he really did one heck of a job in refuting ur post totally... am impressed by the intelligence he employed ...
grin
Re: Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! by Ranchhoddas: 11:25pm On May 20, 2015
bingbagbo:

is this your way of saying you have nothing to say other than copying and pasting?
Re: Astronaut Endorses Creation Of The Universe!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 4:18am On Dec 31, 2015
Over to you

(1) (Reply)

Seventh Day Worshippers And Their Vegetarianism. What's The Connection Please? / Steps To Sanctification / Help My Friend,29yrs Old Still Sucking Finger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.