Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija (7515 Views)

What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? / The Travails Of Marrying Late / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by ismart: 7:31am On May 21, 2015
We often hear that people say marrying an Igbo girl is very expensive, most refer to Imo ladies but rarely do we read about other Igbo tribes.

So let's talk about marrying from Anambra today and can someone enlighten us please?
Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by kingstylo01(m): 7:33am On May 21, 2015
Go consult the oracle at Okija shrine.. May the gods be with you grin

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by winetapper: 7:50am On May 21, 2015
Are u buying her or paying her bride price?
Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by NeduLuiZ(m): 8:36am On May 21, 2015
Arusi okija has answers to your question. Wish u safe return grin
Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by VintageCocktail(m): 9:26am On May 21, 2015
Other Igbo tribes?? Where the hell are they cos I've never heard about that ?

Go to the girl's village and get the list from the umunna. Stop asking questions as if it is a monstrous act. The list varies from kindred to kindred, towns to towns.

Park your car at Onitsha and trek to Okija with polo shirt and plain trouser ..top it off with new Aba made shoe, and you must be neat and respectfully looking maybe they slash some things off the list and hasten your quest. Take your brother, cousin, father, uncle and an elderly sister with you to lay credence to your marriage stories.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by kamnene(f): 9:42am On May 21, 2015
why not go to dr family/ kinsmen and find out? are u going to pay d dowry or do d traditional marriage to d nairalanders? never u rely on public opinions on matters concerning culture/tradition. always go to d source of d stream to know how clean or dirty it is. more over , Anambra practices flexible culture and hospitable and accommodating in nature but if u look for dr trouble first, ....d deaf does not need to be told d war has started.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by talktrue1(m): 5:03pm On May 21, 2015
okija shrine. be prepared for a sacrifice
Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by tpiander: 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
kamnene:
why not go to dr family/ kinsmen and find out? are u going to pay d dowry or do d traditional marriage to d nairalanders? never u rely on public opinions on matters concerning culture/tradition. always go to d source of d stream to know how clean or dirty it is. more over , Anambra practices flexible culture and hospitable and accommodating in nature but if u look for dr trouble first, ....d deaf does not need to be told d war has started.
Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by tpiander: 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by philfrey08: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2015
What do u mean by cost? Na market?

Its left to the family or umunna to decide on that. In my place our daughters are not for sale so we dont place above 20k for bride price. Even whn the man cant afford the money, whatever he has is accepted but the amount he's told is recorded as amt paid.

I dunno of Okija, but u can ask a close relative of her family.
Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 17, 2015
igbo gels na goods ni grin grin
Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by ronald4lif(m): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2015
Bride price is the least of worries to marry from Anambra. I doubt if you'll ever pay more than 20k and in most cases more than half of the original sum is returned back to the groom's family. Bright and sounds good isn't it? Wait until you see the downside.

Some umunna may present you with the list that comes with the bride price ceremony. You'd see things like 10cartons of beer, 6 cartons of malt drink and 4 soft drinks cartons, 4 wines and 2 schnapps, 5 cartons of soap and 2 bags of salt for umuada, 2 bags of rice, 1goat or 10k for meat, 3 cartons of tin tomato and 1 basket of fresh ones, 2 basket of garden egg and ose oji etc etc.

Note that there are some villages in Anambra and other Igbo States that insist that a man must also perform traditional marriage and in fact don't collect dowry till on the trad day. And in traditional marriage the list would contain even more items and more expensive. I don talk my own sha o.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by Eddodoh(m): 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
I have an Igbo girl from dat community i intend to marry but dis same dowry issue got me having second thought.

I hope u guyz are telling us d truth? B4 i commit

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by Roseey0(f): 7:10am On Sep 19, 2015
Everything in the list is like 250k. Any note can go as bride price; 20#, 50#, 200#, 500#, just something the family can hold on traditionally as the price cos that will be the only thing to return if you say you no marry again.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by Roseey0(f): 7:12am On Sep 19, 2015
Eddodoh:
I have an Igbo girl from dat community i intend to marry but dis same dowry issue got me having second thought.

I hope u guyz are telling us d truth? B4 i commit
I am 100% sure you arent ready yet.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by ismart: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2016
Roseey0:

I am 100% sure you arent ready yet.
Haba, the guy just want to know na in case he might be able to foot the bills.

Anyway, thanks for the info above. I didn't come back to check since I made this thread lol. Project aborted smiley. Not cause of price but something much more complex.

250k isn't something to sneeze at and besides, she is someone I wouldn't even mind spending 1.5M for.
Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by Roseey0(f): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
ismart:
Haba, the guy just want to know na in case he might be able to foot the bills.

Anyway, thanks for the info above. I didn't come back to check since I made this thread lol. Project aborted smiley. Not cause of price but something much more complex.

250k isn't something to sneeze at and besides, she is someone I wouldn't even mind spending 1.5M for.

When u are ready, u are ready. Cost won't deter you.
Re: I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 16, 2016
Roseey0:

When u are ready, u are ready. Cost won't deter you.
Lol easy to say you are not paying bride price if the family decide to make things hard for him what can he do ? Elope however most families will have the best interest of the daughter and come to a compromise

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of C24/7 Natura-ceuticals: / Is It Fair To Get Even With Your Spouse? / My Husband Doesn’t Love Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.