Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,336 members, 7,957,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Why Do People Hate Mbaise People? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do People Hate Mbaise People? (1983 Views)

Why Do People Always Have Bad Notions About The Mbaise People? / Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo) / Meet The 'controversial' MBAISE People Of Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Hate Mbaise People? by Pchidexy(m): 9:33am On May 21, 2015
Firstly, I am not from Mbaise. I am a native of Anara in Isiala Mbano Imo State, born and bred in Onitsha. The Mbaise people I know personally are not more than ten in number. I hate stereotypes n prejudice of any kind. I believe people should be seen in the proper light as people irrespective of their background. Here are common misconceptions about Mbaise people which I want to correct.

Mbaise Bride Price is Too Expensive: Fact: While it is true that Mbaise has an upscale bride price. The issue of marriage is never a do or die affair. My Uncle who had nothing back in the days married from Mbaise. Okada riders,artisans,bricklayers n Even painwine tappers from this place do get married. Again, bride price being expensive is not exclusive to Mbaise people. Owerri, Ngwa, Abariba, Mbano, Ngwo, Orumba, Ikwerre, Ezza, Bende, Ibibio, Efik, Kalabari and numerous other people share this custom.

Mbaise People are Cunning:
Fact: Every human being is cunning. The reason for this action could be for social,economic or political purposes. Mbaise people are among the most educated and progressive people in Igbo land. No need to mention names. A visit to their villages will convince you.

Mbaise Girls are Promiscuous and Too Exposed:
Fact: This is the twenty_first century and girls are generally promiscuous. The influence of TV and the internet is not helping much. Girls from every community especially those in the south are getting more promiscuous. This is a fact. So, before you condemn people look around you and also double check your appearance. Before you talk about Mbaise girls make sure all the girls in your community are virgins.

Feel free to comment the floor is open.
NB: This my personal opinion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Hausa Advice To Married Women (a Poem) / Daiko: The Mysterious Leaf / The Luhya Tribe Of East Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.