Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Traveling Light In Every Trip - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling Light In Every Trip (540 Views)

Is This The Most Dangerous Traffic Light In The World? (must See Photo) / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. / Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Traveling Light In Every Trip by leilakurtz: 9:34am On May 21, 2015
There are some of us, yes, including me, who admittedly can never travel light. My main reasoning is that there might be unforeseen circumstances which call to action some use of my things. When you think about the things that are needed to be packed, you get to pack almost all your belongings. If only you can put your whole house inside a back pack and zip it tight for the journey, it would be better. Unfortunately, humans cannot possibly do it unless you are not human.

Kidding aside, after years of travelling, I have learned the many advantages of traveling light, only bringing my carry-on whenever needed: avoiding extra baggage fees, not having to worry about airlines losing my luggage and not being burdened that much by heavy bags while navigating a new place, especially on foot.

It was actually hard at first but after being inspired by an easy going trip of a friend of mine from Jakarta, Indonesia and asking my advisers from Westhill Consulting Travel and Tours, I decided to try bringing only the necessities, trying to squeeze a few pairs of clothes for a 4-week journey in a wheeled bag. Here are the challenges that I have encountered during the first few tries which you can review since I know you can very well relate:

Challenge #1: Different Climate Adventure

The secret to dealing with multiple climates is layering. The same lightweight T-shirt that you'd wear when strolling around the humid streets of Buenos Aires can serve as a base layer during your hike in the snowy Andes. Keep your heavy layers to a minimum -- you can wear the same sweater or fleece every day as long as you keep changing the lighter shirt closest to your skin. And be sure to bring your jacket on the plane with you so you don't have to stuff it into your suitcase. Be cautious of the climate on the place you are visiting and watch out for any warning signs on the change of weather conditions to prepare you for what is to come.

Challenge #2: Cruise Ship Travel

Shorts, bathing suits and tank tops are easy enough to pack, but the most common sticking point for cruisers is formal night. How can you get a tux or an opulent ball gown into that teeny little carry-on? Luckily these days, cruise ships offer rental tuxedo or some cruise ships miss this event altogether and let the guests to the order room instead.

Challenge #3: Business Trips

Business trips pose two primary challenges for light packers: looking professional without toting half your wardrobe, and bringing only the most essential gadgets to get the job done.

A note for business travelers attending a conference: Forget about lugging all those folders and freebies you received on the trade show floor. Go through them the night before your departure and pack only what you really need or want. If you still don't have room in your carry-on, have your hotel mail the remaining goodies back to your office.
Re: Traveling Light In Every Trip by haracjax: 8:08am On May 29, 2015
The things which you shared in this thread about how to travel with light weight luggage will be more helpful. We can try to reduce the luggage because of that we can move to anywhere.
tour guide Israel

(1) (Reply)

Going To South Africa / Any Nigerian In Singapore / What Is The Process And Cost Of Re Issuing An Int'l Passport.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.