Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Is It Advisable To Clean And Pick Our Ears Everyday Because There Is Always Dirt - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Advisable To Clean And Pick Our Ears Everyday Because There Is Always Dirt (630 Views)

Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. / Why Do We Pick Our Nose? / How To Keep Vagina Clean And Healthy (NHS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Clean And Pick Our Ears Everyday Because There Is Always Dirt by chocolateme(f): 12:14pm On May 21, 2015
My aunt said I should stop cleaning my ear everyday because it's dangerous that I am cleaning off the protective ear oil that protects my inner ear and besides it's not good for general health.
But anytime I insert a cotton bud in my ear and clean, there must be a light coloured oily substance that shows even if it's so fainty to see, I don't feel comfortable staying close to 3 days without cleaning my ear , I don't know if it's ok or really not healthy.
Re: Is It Advisable To Clean And Pick Our Ears Everyday Because There Is Always Dirt by uboma(m): 1:41pm On May 21, 2015
The light coloured (brownish) substance is called wax which is also good for the ears.

Your Aunt is right about your daily attempt to clean your ears. Its just not healthy.
Re: Is It Advisable To Clean And Pick Our Ears Everyday Because There Is Always Dirt by CaptainAmerica: 8:57pm On May 27, 2015
Chocolateme, it's not advisable to even clean your ears because it cleans itself.

When chewing, the temporomandibular joint massages the external auditory meatus and brings out the excess wax from the ear.

It comes out on it's own when it's excess.

Trying to clean it by yourself with the ear buds tends to push the wax more into the ear.

This might damage the ear drum and lead to deafness.

Hope this helps smiley
Re: Is It Advisable To Clean And Pick Our Ears Everyday Because There Is Always Dirt by chocolateme(f): 9:41pm On May 27, 2015
CaptainAmerica:
Chocolateme, it's not advisable to even clean your ears because it cleans itself.

When chewing, the temporomandibular joint massages the external auditory meatus and brings out the excess wax from the ear.

It comes out on it's own when it's excess.

Trying to clean it by yourself with the ear buds tends to push the wax more into the ear.

This might damage the ear drum and lead to deafness.

Hope this helps smiley
pls dear, thanks so much, it helped a lot even I'm scared of cleaning my ear at all now
Re: Is It Advisable To Clean And Pick Our Ears Everyday Because There Is Always Dirt by CaptainAmerica: 9:55pm On May 27, 2015
chocolateme:
pls dear, thanks so much, it helped a lot even I'm scared of cleaning my ear at all now

You're welcome tongue

(1) (Reply)

Alcohol- The Silent Killer / Pains In My Private Part Once In A While / 2 Year Old Boy At Risk Of Infection After Chewing Used Condom With Wafer- Newsta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.