Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Please I Need You Candid Solutions - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need You Candid Solutions (2433 Views)

Kindly Give A Candid Review Of The Mercedes Benz ML 320 2000-2002 Models / Candid Advive : Naija Used Corolla 2003 Vs Tokunbo Camry 2001 / I Need Candid Advice On Choice Of Car To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ekenzzi: 2:08pm On May 21, 2015
Please am a port harcourt based young guy that just manage to acquire a tokunbo toyota camry 99 model. Please after my exhaust pipe got burst and was changed, I now notice that my car consumes a lot of fuel than before I worked on the exhaust. Please can anyone provide me with a positive solution to what I can do to reduce my car fuel consumption please. Thanks and God bless us all!!
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by Leeman0007: 2:16pm On May 21, 2015
Maybe your catalyst has been removed

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by femicousim: 3:39pm On May 21, 2015
there a lot of things responsible for high fuel consumption, and it might be a mere coincidence that it was after an exhaust job, it's 99, so i'm hopeful it can be scanned with any 16-pin, i rather you scan first
2ndly, do you notice black smoke from exhaust?
have you removed thermostat and running fan directly?
what's the condition of air filter?
have you done general tune up - serviced nozzles, change plugs etc?
it might be a map sensor or even throttle body issue
or an A/F sensor plus or minus catalyst

1 Like

Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ogawisdom(m): 4:17pm On May 21, 2015
Is ur CEL on
Wats ur engine configuration
If engine thermostat is removed n fan spinning non stop then dts d price u pay

1 Like

Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:17pm On May 21, 2015
ekenzzi:
Please am a port harcourt based young guy that just manage to acquire a tokunbo toyota camry 99 model. Please after my exhaust pipe got burst and was changed, I now notice that my car consumes a lot of fuel than before I worked on the exhaust. Please can anyone provide me with a positive solution to what I can do to reduce my car fuel consumption please. Thanks and God bless us all!!

Stop guessing, meet chucks in p.h +234 803 312 3865

1 Like

Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ekenzzi: 4:29pm On May 22, 2015
Am really so pleased with you guys suggestions so far. Well as for if my catalyst have been removed that I can't tell. And each time am steaming my car in the morning, it's water that comes out of my exhaust pipe. No black carbons at all, but what I just noticed after my exhaust got cut and I took it to my mechanic. He only went under my car and I observed that he only tighten something after which the sound reduced then. So it was after then I started noticing this excess fuel consumption. So that's just my problems now, but as for if my catalyst was removed I don't really know that. And I've not removed the thermostat and even when a mechanic was telling me that I just ignored that idea because I still believe if I must do that I'll want to confirm from some of you here that has a better understanding on that. Thanks!!!
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by Leeman0007: 9:28pm On May 22, 2015
Put your finger into the exhaust and see if theres soot. Most importantly, if your CEL is on then you need to scan the car. Theres an 02 sensor/A-F ration sensor downstream which may be bad..

SCAN the vehicle in short.. You may have a P0161 OR P0141 CODE.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by DECOtech(m): 2:50pm On May 23, 2015
ekenzzi:

My brother, they have stolen your catalyst, simple.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ekenzzi: 11:35pm On May 23, 2015
Thanks so much guys for your candid solutions. But there are some terms I really don't understand here, like the CEL. And as for the Chucks. Gazzuzz said I should call, am going to call him, but please what's the budget if my catalyst is missing??
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 1:14pm On May 24, 2015
Well being a 1999 model the two CAT should nit be more that 30K ensure u get the ones with the 2 oxygen sensors intact.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ekenzzi: 8:11am On Aug 09, 2015
Thanks to all of you who by one way or the other have helped me to solve the issue of my car. Yes Tundex I've gotten the CAT below the car, I found out that they stole the content of it. And after scanning my car, I got an error code of EGR insufficient. And also Air/Fuel sensor circuit malfunction. But after fixing all these my car still consumes excess fuel. And I just went and scanned my car yesterday with these following error codes: P0105 manifold absolute pressure/barometeric pressure circuit. (2). P0401 Exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected. (3). P1133 Air-fuel sensor circuit response malfunction. Thanks! Please i'll be extremely happy if anyone can advise me on how am going to solve this issues once and for all, because am just so frustrated now. Thanks as I wai
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by mayor2013: 9:27am On Aug 09, 2015
ekenzzi:
Thanks to all of you who by one way or the other have helped me to solve the issue of my car. Yes Tundex I've gotten the CAT below the car, I found out that they stole the content of it. And after scanning my car, I got an error code of EGR insufficient. And also Air/Fuel sensor circuit malfunction. But after fixing all these my car still consumes excess fuel. And I just went and scanned my car yesterday with these following error codes: P0105 manifold absolute pressure/barometeric pressure circuit. (2). P0401 Exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected. (3). P1133 Air-fuel sensor circuit response malfunction. Thanks! Please i'll be extremely happy if anyone can advise me on how am going to solve this issues once and for all, because am just so frustrated now. Thanks as I wai

Did you call the number that was given to you by Gazzuzz? If you did what was the outcome
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:53am On Aug 09, 2015
mayor2013:

Did you call the number that was given to you by Gazzuzz? If you did what was the outcome

1000per sure he didn't call
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by mayor2013: 9:58am On Aug 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

1000per sure he didn't call

I tire for the matter.
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:36am On Aug 09, 2015
ekenzzi:

O2 sensor is still bad. M.a.p is not connected(fuel consumption will extremely high) Egr is not working.

Fix these problems and car will be fine.
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by mayor2013: 10:39am On Aug 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

O2 sensor is still bad. M.a.p is not connected(fuel consumption will extremely high) Egr is not working.

Fix these problems and car will be fine.

E no go high. E go dey gulp am like Ice cream grin
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ekenzzi: 1:49am On Aug 11, 2015
smiley well I @ dis point I can swear dt I did call d mister chucks dt gazzuzz gave me his number. But he's fairs was jst so high on me, so I hd 2gt 2 a frnd who owns a diagnostic scanner and it is dt same scanner I've used 2gt all of des details am gvng 2u guys. Thanks all d same 4ur continous assistance here. I tink i'll hv 2gt a new O2 sensor again, nd also d EGR. I jst pray I gt it right dis time. Pls whts d full meaning of M.A.P please
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by mayor2013: 7:16am On Aug 11, 2015
ekenzzi:
smiley well I @ dis point I can swear dt I did call d mister chucks dt gazzuzz gave me his number. But he's fairs was jst so high on me, so I hd 2gt 2 a frnd who owns a diagnostic scanner and it is dt same scanner I've used 2gt all of des details am gvng 2u guys. Thanks all d same 4ur continous assistance here. I tink i'll hv 2gt a new O2 sensor again, nd also d EGR. I jst pray I gt it right dis time. Pls whts d full meaning of M.A.P please

Manifold absolute pressure (MAP)
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On Aug 11, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by cardoctor(m): 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
Read up some more information here on this link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1523351/beware-catalyst-stealing-mechanics-welders

1 Like

Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ekenzzi: 6:14am On Aug 12, 2015
Oh I just can't stop appreciating you guys for all your efforts so far! I just pray and wish I solve this issue. Thanks cardoctor
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ekenzzi: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
Wow!! Still can't find help with this car ish. Am so tired now embarassed
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ekenzzi: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
ekenzzi:
Oh I just can't stop appreciating you guys for all your efforts so far! I just pray and wish I solve this issue. Thanks cardoctor
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ogawisdom(m): 6:13am On Dec 21, 2015
ekenzzi:

First what's ur engine size, and describe d fuel consumption. Hw many litres do u use to cover 100kms in city or highway
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by honmusa(m): 6:37am On Dec 21, 2015
ekenzzi:

you can't eat your cake and still have it. patronise a professional to fix this issue and get it done once and all .
Is not every issue,people on this forum can accurately reproduce ,because atimes they will need to run test on the car.
Pay a competent professional to run a test on your car and get it fixed.
Every solution come at a price.
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ekenzzi: 5:18am On Dec 22, 2015
Ogawisdom thanks so much for your concern, well the much I do know about my car is that my car is a 1999 toyota camry LE. And it's a four (4) cylinder 2.2 engine with a specification 5s. And as for how much fuel I do use @100kms, well I really can't measure that accurately. But let's take for instant from mile 2 to okokomaiko you can't make a to and fro movement on a clear road with 10 litres. If the reserve light won't pop up. @ Honmusa I've spent money on so many professionals that I really can't tell who's not remaining in yenagoa where I use to stay before relocating to port harcourt. So I still have that believe that a better professional is what I truly need to work on my car so this my car craze can be solved once and for all.
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by chukel(m): 6:53am On Dec 22, 2015
ekenzzi:
Ogawisdom thanks so much for your concern, well the much I do know about my car is that my car is a 1999 toyota camry LE. And it's a four (4) cylinder 2.2 engine with a specification 5s. And as for how much fuel I do use @100kms, well I really can't measure that accurately. But let's take for instant from mile 2 to okokomaiko you can't make a to and fro movement on a clear road with 10 litres. If the reserve light won't pop up. @ Honmusa I've spent money on so many professionals that I really can't tell who's not remaining in yenagoa where I use to stay before relocating to port harcourt. So I still have that believe that a better professional is what I truly need to work on my car so this my car craze can be solved once and for all.
are u still in yenagoa?. If yes, bring ur car let's look at it step wise. I'm not a guru, but 2 good heads are better than one

1 Like

Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ogawisdom(m): 7:40am On Dec 22, 2015
ekenzzi:

2.2 litres engine is nt a small engine ooo, how many kilometers is the to and fro distance you described determine dt with ur odometer. D fuel consumption may b slightly higher but not over d roof like u r saying. U dnt expect d fuel economy of a 1.6l engine with a 2.2l engine.

U choose power over economy when u bought 2.2l Camry against d usually 2.0l. By d way did u buy d car naija used or toks and when.

Use a better scanner and run another scan, goodluck
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:00am On Dec 22, 2015
ogawisdom:

2.2 litres engine is nt a small engine ooo, how many kilometers is the to and fro distance you described determine dt with ur odometer. D fuel consumption may b slightly higher but not over d roof like u r saying. U dnt expect d fuel economy of a 1.6l engine with a 2.2l engine.

U choose power over economy when u bought 2.2l Camry against d usually 2.0l. By d way did u buy d car naija used or toks and when.
[s]Use a better scanner and run another scan[/s], goodluck
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ogawisdom(m): 8:26am On Dec 22, 2015
@ gazzuz hw can u cancel my comment without any reason abi na mod u wan dey form for car talk section abeg dey take am easy here ooo angry

Dt statement is valid BC some car scanners may nt b able to detect faults which others can, I kw u r among d leaders here but dnt b rude undecided
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35am On Dec 22, 2015
ogawisdom:
@ gazzuz hw can u cancel my comment without any reason abi na mod u wan dey form for car talk section abeg dey take am easy here ooo angry

Dt statement is valid BC [s]some car scanners may nt b able to detect faults which others can,[/s] I kw u r among d leaders here but dnt b rude undecided

Not very true.
Re: Please I Need You Candid Solutions by ekenzzi: 9:29am On Dec 23, 2015
Abeg na help I find come no be wahala so o. Ogawisdom I don explain the one I sabi so o, and about that comparison between 1.6l and 2.2l. My brother I don't compare such difference with mine, I have friends that own same 2.2l like mine even the latest fish light camry and it doesn't consumes the way mine is. Please Chukel I've gone through your write ups is just that am presently in port harcourt but I won't mind drive to yenagoa after or before the xmas because I stay at uniport. And please where in yenagoa re you please? And many thanks to all of you here that have tried not to laugh so much at my present condition. Thanks andd merry xmas to you all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Got A Car Through Nairaland With An Honest Car Dealer "TPOUND" / Benz C240 Fresh From The Yard For Sale @ Give Away Price. / BMW 325xi Review Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.