Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight (29798 Views)

How Do I Eradicate My Phobia For Dogs / I Released 9 Dogs To Be Sold From The Cage / 6 Most Aggressive Dogs To Own In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Funmiladey(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2015
Please fellow petlanders what type of feed can you recommend for a dog that feeds well to gain more wight..... I've been using indomie for some time now
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Mckandre(m): 8:24pm On May 21, 2015
Tsk tsk tsk

*modified*

what do expect when u feed ya dog indomie? What nutritional value does it have? other than making ya dogs stool watery . telme, can u survive or gain weight on indomie for a month without seeking for medical help asap. i was ones in ya shoes before, if i should rcommend; try left overs from fast food(real fastfood) which contains alot of raw meat(chicken mostly) less bone which cost #150 per kilo.
i find it better and less xpensve compared with the commercials products i buy at #300 for a can that lasts for just a day and still lives my dog wanting more.
I bought 2.5kilos for #300 on tuesday and more still remains till nxt i go for a refill on saturday. As m typing ryt now my dog has been gaining weight noticeably ever since.
To be honest, i keep asking my sef why didnt i thought about this earlier.

6 Likes

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by xreal: 10:25pm On May 21, 2015
Funmiladey:
Please fellow petlanders what type of feed can you recommend for a dog that feeds well to gain more wight..... I've been using indomie for some time now

Are you a wizard?

This is exactly what is going through my mind.
I intend getting Jojo dry food tomorrow.

following
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Funmiladey(m): 10:28pm On May 21, 2015
Ok sir thanks.... You can also share the result it gives
xreal:

Are you a wizard?

This is exactly what is going through my mind.
I intend getting Jojo dry food tomorrow.

following
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by xreal: 11:04pm On May 21, 2015
Funmiladey:
Ok sir thanks.... You can also share the result it gives

ok, I will do that.
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Prodeegee(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2015
Mckandre:
Tsk tsk tsk

*modified*

what do expect when u feed ya dog indomie? What nutritional value does it have? other than making ya dogs stool watery . telme, can u survive or gain weight on indomie for a month without seeking for medical help asap. i was ones in ya shoes before, if i should rcommend; try left overs from fast food(real fastfood) which contains alot of raw meat(chicken mostly) less bone which cost #150 per kilo.
i find it better and less xpensve compared with the commercials products i buy at #300 for a can that lasts for just a day and still lives my dog wanting more.
I bought 2.5kilos for #300 on tuesday and more still remains till nxt i go for a refill on saturday. As m typing ryt now my dog has been gaining weight noticeably ever since.

Oops...easy there bro..

Feeding noodles alone can get your dog fat! Even. 

Noodles is made from wheat and oil, which gives it a high fat content. Besides that, wheat is. High in carbohydrates and excess carbohydrates become body fat. 

Noodles is also good in protein.

Now I'm going to counter your prescription bro, 
Leftovers have somuch, including things the dogs can't break down. 

For example, onions is bad for dogs, salt too. And these things are found in leftovers. 

Another thing is bones, hard sharp bones from fishes like croaker  can injure your dogs.

My advice, if you can't get dry food that's high in protein, buy Titus fish, boil and add to your dog's noodles. 

One last thing, a 'fat' dog isn't a healthy dog. ‎

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Mckandre(m): 9:42pm On May 22, 2015
Prodeegee:

Oops...easy there bro..

Feeding noodles alone can get your dog fat! Even. 

Noodles is made from wheat and oil, which gives it a high fat content. Besides that, wheat is. High in carbohydrates and excess carbohydrates become body fat. 

Noodles is also good in protein.

Now I'm going to counter your prescription bro, 
Leftovers have somuch, including things the dogs can't break down. 

For example, onions is bad for dogs, salt too. And these things are found in leftovers. 

Another thing is bones, hard sharp bones from fishes like croaker  can injure your dogs.

My advice, if you can't get dry food that's high in protein, buy Titus fish, boil and add to your dog's noodles. 

One last thing, a 'fat' dog isn't a healthy dog. ‎
well, thats from ya own perspectives but what i said is based on my own personal experience.
i tried that alot earlier even got a carton of indomie and corn beef to mix, the only result i got was watery stool nothing more which got me worried.
i started looking for alternatives: i tried dogmor;nothing, went for diamond puppy seems the effect was slow and expensive so i ditched it ; bought a create of jojo puppy; nothing (dont be deceived by the red chunks,those are max colors to give it meaty appearance) just made my dog stool redish which is kinda odd.

Then i decided to try left overs;this aint ordinary left overs,the content was certifying it wasnt what i expected though: it contents were raw chicken necks,gizzard,rib cage,skin and few others. This aint mama pot you see fish bones and burnt egusi soup;its just like mr biggs dem,chicken carpitol,where they need the meaty parts for sharwamas.
Another thing is there's also an option for cooked leftovers like fried rice, chicken bones and the rest all mixed up together for just #100 per kilo i ditched it and went for the raw.

What do i gat to lose when it has quality and less expnsive so i went for it,all i did was just bring it out from the package, wash it if necessary then give it to my dog direct without hassle. Chikina !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Prodeegee(m): 10:03pm On May 22, 2015
Mckandre:
well, thats from ya own perspectives but what i said is based on my own personal experience.
i tried that alot earlier even got a carton of indomie and corn beef to mix, the only result i got was watery stool nothing more which got me worried.
i started looking for alternatives: i tried dogmor;nothing, went for diamond puppy seems the effect was slow and expensive so i ditched it ; bought a create of jojo puppy; nothing (dont be deceived by the red chunks,those are max colors to give it meaty appearance) just made my dog stool redish which is kinda odd.

Then i decided to try left overs;this aint ordinary left overs,the content was certifying it wasnt what i expected though: it contents were raw chicken necks,gizzard,rib cage,skin and few others. This aint mama pot you see fish bones and burnt egusi soup;its just like mr biggs dem,chicken carpitol,where they need the meaty parts for sharwamas.
Another thing is there's also an option for cooked leftovers like fried rice, chicken bones and the rest all mixed up together for just #100 per kilo i ditched it and went for the raw.

What do i gat to lose when it has quality and less expnsive so i went for it,all i did was just bring it out from the package, wash it if necessary then give it to my dog direct without hassle. Chikina !

smiley

1 Like

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Funmiladey(m): 10:32pm On May 22, 2015
The indomie am talking abt here is not the sachet one oo, its the one that looks like crumbs which I usually get from the pet store with some other ingredients too let me just tell you the proportion
Indomie--- 10kg
Toasted soya----1kg
GNC---- 1kg
Grounded fish---- 2kg (mix all together)
All I do is to add this toboiling water and stir well till it softens at times I add brandy(canned food) to it also and I serve when cool
Mckandre:

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Prodeegee(m): 10:49pm On May 22, 2015
Funmiladey:
The indomie am talking abt here is not the sachet one oo, its the one that looks like crumbs which I usually get from the pet store with some other ingredients too let me just tell you the proportion
Indomie--- 10kg
Toasted soya----1kg
GNC---- 1kg
All I do is to add this toboiling water and stir well till it softens at times I add brandy(canned food) to it also and I serve when cool

Oga, forget grinded fish. Buy titus
And I knw d noodles ure saying. It's dsame

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Funmiladey(m): 10:53pm On May 22, 2015
Prodeegee:

Oga, forget grinded fish. Buy titus
And I knw d noodles ure saying. It's dsame
ok sir
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Petfreak: 4:40pm On May 23, 2015
Hello everyone, here is my contribution. There's not best diet, there's only one I can recommend to any pet owner. I hv my secrete and it works perfectly once strict attention is play to it. My secrete is "CONSISTENCY".
What is Consistency? In a lean man language, this hv to do wit the time interval a dog or pet is fed. I wonder y some pet owner expect their dogs to gain weight and look chubby, yet they are not consistent wit the feeding. No matter the food or feed used, or the amount of can food or dry food use in feeding ur pet. If u are not consistent wit the feeding routine. Don't expect ur dog to gain weight. If u chose to feed ur dogs wit garri and u are consistent wit it, I tell u this, u will be amazed by the drastic weight gain of ur pet.
Some pet owner believe it's until they buy one imported dry dog food or restaurant waste before their pet will gain weight. But I say to u "sorry", it doesn't work dat way. Give ur pet all the imported food or fatty food, if u are not consistent wit the feeding @ the right timing, don't expect to get any result.

2ndly, ur dog MUST be frome a lineage or 4rm parents wit good body weight (i.e if u are the type that like dog wit massive body weight). U don't expect ur dog to have a massive body weight gain, wen the parent are as thinny as pencil. Can u feed a mongrel to gain weight as that of boerbeol?
Genetically, ur dog must have it in its gene to have a nice body weight. So, STOP expecting weight gain if u are not consistent wit the feeding of ur pet. Also, if the breed u have is not the type wit massive gain, pls stopboteingse.boteings

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Petfreak: 4:44pm On May 23, 2015
Hello everyone, here is my contribution. There's not best diet, there's only one I can recommend to any pet owner. I hv my secrete and it works perfectly once strict attention is play to it. My secrete is "CONSISTENCY".
What is Consistency? In a lean man language, this hv to do wit the time interval a dog or pet is fed. I wonder y some pet owner expect their dogs to gain weight and look chubby, yet they are not consistent wit the feeding. No matter the food or feed used, or the amount of can food or dry food use in feeding ur pet. If u are not consistent wit the feeding routine. Don't expect ur dog to gain weight. If u chose to feed ur dogs wit garri and u are consistent wit it, I tell u this, u will be amazed by the drastic weight gain of ur pet.
Some pet owner believe it's until they buy one imported dry dog food or restaurant waste before their pet will gain weight. But I say to u "sorry", it doesn't work dat way. Give ur pet all the imported food or fatty food, if u are not consistent wit the feeding @ the right timing, don't expect to get any result.

2ndly, ur dog MUST be frome a lineage or 4rm parents wit good body weight (i.e if u are the type that like dog wit massive body weight). U don't expect ur dog to have a massive body weight gain, wen the parent are as thinny as pencil. Can u feed a mongrel to gain weight as that of boerbeol?
Genetically, ur dog must have it in its gene to have a nice body weight. So, STOP expecting weight gain if u are not consistent wit the feeding of ur pet. Also, if the breed u have is not the type wit massive weight gain, pls stop bothering ursef. It's only wen u are consistent wit the feeding, will all the feed formula, dry food and can food becomes effective.

Thank you!

.....pets are not pests grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Mckandre(m): 5:24pm On May 23, 2015
Funmiladey:
Indomie--- 10kg
Toasted soya----1kg
GNC---- 1kg
well, you noticed ur recipe isn't doing any good,why not try different food. Some dogs don't like constant diet, try changing the diet to discover better ones that does the trick better. And again try consistency Just like petfreak suggested, he's view on that side was brilliant but twasnt my issue.

2 Likes

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by lacicrips(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2015
Mckandre:
Tsk tsk tsk

*modified*

Can you please explain how to go about getting this?

1 Like

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by mayorall(m): 6:17pm On May 26, 2015
Mckandre:

I got great result when I used diamond but it's now scarce here. I mix it with a spoon of powdered milk after left to soak.

1 Like

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Funmiladey(m): 6:46pm On May 26, 2015
Is diamond a dry food?
mayorall:

I got great result when I used diamond but it's now scarce here. I mix it with a spoon of powdered milk after left to soak.

2 Likes

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by mayorall(m): 7:28pm On May 26, 2015
Funmiladey:
Is diamond a dry food?
Yes sir.

1 Like

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Mckandre(m): 8:27pm On May 26, 2015
mayorall:

i bet ure talking abt Walker,how long was she on diamond kibbles?
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by mayorall(m): 8:48pm On May 26, 2015
Mckandre:
i bet ure talking abt Walker,how long was she on diamond kibbles?

Yes boss. Just four weeks with 3.75kg x 2. I usually soak it to swell.
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Mckandre(m): 9:28am On May 27, 2015
lacicrips:

Can you please explain how to go about getting this?
just go to any fastfood and ask for leftover dogfood sir

2 Likes

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 01, 2016
Petfreak:

Genetically, ur dog must have it in its gene to have a nice body weight. So, STOP expecting weight gain if u are not consistent wit the feeding of ur pet. Also, if the breed u have is not the type wit massive gain, pls stopboteingse.boteings

Please do you have any info on this breed?

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by osomegbe(m): 3:13am On Jan 02, 2016
Funmiladey:
Is diamond a dry food?
How old is the dog?
if it is still a puppy, please go for dry food like the diamond puppy, soaked and give the puppy to it.
Protein content for your dog is very vital to make its features come out very well.
for puppy- above 32% protein
Adult- Around 20% is okay. More of energy.

Why not go for Teesyn dry food for dog fattening if you want quick results. within 2 weeks you will see your result and you can start maintaining with your normal food after the result is visible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by chrisblack1234: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
My dog is getting taller but not fatter.. I guess consistenccy is what I need..going about diamond I think I will try DAT...am pls my dog really loosing hair leading to hair loss..av bought different drugs like biofinil,kemo,tick powder, it won't stil go, I was told to wait for several weeks...
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by chrisblack1234: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
My dog is 9 moths old
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by MrKIDO(m): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2017

Please do you have any info on this breed?

This is a GSD mixed with another breed or purely GSD
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Monopoly123(m): 10:34am On Aug 23, 2017
The truth is consistency is the key and proteins too. Like mine now all dey eat is Eba with stew or anything and I make sure I mix with grounded groundnut and kuli kuli. Trust me kuli kuli alone is a dog fattner
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Doglover1: 1:40am On Jan 12, 2022
Pls what breed is this dog? and he's getting thinner day by day, what can I do?

1 Share

Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Lilti: 10:48am On Feb 27, 2022
Mckandre:

So I can get this from Mr Biggs here in edo state? I'd really love that
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by FODA(m): 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
Monopoly123:
The truth is consistency is the key and proteins too. Like mine now all dey eat is Eba with stew or anything and I make sure I mix with grounded groundnut and kuli kuli. Trust me kuli kuli alone is a dog fattner
so,make the dog come dey fart right ,lol
Re: Recommended Feed For Dogs To Gain Weight by Augustine031: 2:16am On Dec 12, 2023
I just got this doberman from a pedigree parents but mine is looking stunt, malnourished and so skinny. I need help because it's giving me serious concerns

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To ‘Naming A Dog Buhari’ On Twitter / Pictures From Canine Club Of Imo Dog Walk 2022 / Ondo Police Arrest Dog For Biting AAUA Student’s Private Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.