Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Husband Refuses To See Us. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Refuses To See Us. (2980 Views)

Husband Refuses To Eat His Wife Meal / HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. / Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Refuses To See Us. by mylove4him(f): 6:37pm On May 21, 2015
Hello my good people. My friend's husband has gone AWOL since over six months now. He has refused to send money for upkeep of his child nor renew the rent. The child is one by this month. All effort to make him to pay for the upkeep has proved abortive. My friend doesn't work, she is learning a skill and this doesn't bring money for now.

She has asked the man repeatedly what is the problem and he says nothing that she is only stubborn. The only stubborn thing is that she has refused him to allow a househelp to live with her.

Note they weren't staying in the same area but the same state. His reasons is that he lives with his work accommodation and he can't bring his family there.

What can she do to get the man to renew the rent and send money for their child.

She doesn't have money to get the services of a lawyer as the first one she called is asking for another money after he sent a letter to the husband.

Now the man isn't picking her calls again nor replying text.
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by Cutehector(m): 6:41pm On May 21, 2015
Simply get a househelp.. Obedience is berra dan sacrifice!

3 Likes

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by goodmorning40: 6:41pm On May 21, 2015
Eeeyaaa sorry, just rewrite the story and use I and my in place of she and her okay!

7 Likes

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by cilifa: 6:48pm On May 21, 2015
every one with is own... God will see you through.
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by donefesco(m): 6:51pm On May 21, 2015
mylove4him:
Hello my good people. My friend's husband has gone AWOL since over six months now. He has refused to send money for upkeep of his child nor renew the rent. The child is one by this month. All effort to make him to pay for the upkeep has proved abortive. My friend doesn't work, she is learning a skill and this doesn't bring money for now.

She has asked the man repeatedly what is the problem and he says nothing that she is only stubborn. The only stubborn thing is that she has refused him to allow a househelp to live with her.

Note they weren't staying in the same area but the same state. His reasons is that he lives with his work accommodation and he can't bring his family there.

What can she do to get the man to renew the rent and send money for their child.

She doesn't have money to get the services of a lawyer as the first one she called is asking for another money after he sent a letter to the husband.

why did u refuse the services of a house help, look at what u have caused na
mylove4him:

mylove4him:

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by enoqueen: 7:06pm On May 21, 2015
Na the hubby need house help or the lady.

Y he de punish her cos she refuse help.

There is more to this story undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by Moana(f): 7:16pm On May 21, 2015
She can always go back to her father's house. Hopefully there will be someone to help with the baby while she tries making money for her and her baby.
If there is one thing i wouldnt want to do, its to put myself in a position where i will be completely dependant on my husband.

12 Likes

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by AdimGreat(f): 7:42pm On May 21, 2015
Are they (you) legally married? What caused the separation? Quarrel or situation? You are barely 2yrs in marriage and already having this kind of issue.
Looks like the marriage was not properly planned.

Anywayz, try to find a way to reach him, if not directly, through his family. Let them know you are not be able to take care of the child seeing that you don't have a job, yet.

While at it, look for a job that will earn you a living while learning ur skills.

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by irunoko(m): 11:00pm On May 21, 2015
Lies flowing like river wink

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by KanwuliaJara: 2:05am On May 22, 2015
So when are you gonna get ya own husband? wink
Abi you sef want the "hot dude"? wink
Dis kain "fren" sef! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by edwife(f): 10:58am On May 22, 2015
This story sound very unrealistic and ridiculous.Let her tell you the real story,not this junk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by Kimoni: 11:54am On May 22, 2015
Why am I the only one who doesn't understand this story angry angry
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by breadplanets(f): 1:05pm On May 22, 2015
Wait, the man is not answering his calls nor replying text mesages? And they live in the same country infact the same state? What is the womans buisness with calling him sef?undecided cant she go to wherever he is living or even his office in the same state! Na wa. Some stories sef.
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 22, 2015
mylove4him:

Is this a baby mama situation where the man has moved on
That's what I see here

2 Likes

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by Wendy80(f): 1:10pm On May 22, 2015
There's more to this story. Husband wants a maid and wifey said no...hmmm undecided

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 22, 2015
The need for Women Empowerment can not be over emphasised.

He who pays the piper wants to dictate the tune. Looks like your friend either agrees or goes hungry. The ball is in her court.
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by mylove4him(f): 9:08pm On May 22, 2015
Cutehector:
Simply get a househelp.. Obedience is berra dan sacrifice!
She says she doesn't need one as she can keep her home alone. Since she isn't working.

Yadoctora:
The need for Women Empowerment can not be over emphasised.
He who pays the piper wants to dictate the tune. Looks like your friend either agrees or goes hungry. The ball is in her court.
You are very right my brother. That is what I told her, that she made a mistake by agreeing to marry someone without having any means of survival. These days marriages are difficult if the woman isn't making extra money.

babyosisi:

Is this a baby mama situation where the man has moved on
That's what I see here
Isn't a case of baby mama. They were legally married. In court and did their traditional.

breadplanets:
Wait, the man is not answering his calls nor replying text mesages? And they live in the same country infact the same state? What is the womans buisness with calling him sef?undecided cant she go to wherever he is living or even his office in the same state! Na wa. Some stories sef.
She says you will hardly meet him at home. Though I have told her to go in the wee hours of the day.

edwife:
This story sound very unrealistic and ridiculous.Let her tell you the real story,not this junk.
My dear I have asked repeatedly if there was anything else. She says no.

enoqueen:
Na the hubby need house help or the lady.
Y he de punish her cos she refuse help.
There is more to this story undecided
The hubby says she needs help. I don't know why he is punishing her cos of this issue.
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by mylove4him(f): 9:14pm On May 22, 2015
AdimGreat:
Are they (you) legally married? What caused the separation? Quarrel or situation? You are barely 2yrs in marriage and already having this kind of issue.
Looks like the marriage was not properly planned.

Anywayz, try to find a way to reach him, if not directly, through his family. Let them know you are not be able to take care of the child seeing that you don't have a job, yet.

While at it, look for a job that will earn you a living while learning ur skills.
They were not living together since the inception of the marriage. She said they courted for 5 years. The marriage is two years. She has reported to the family and they have tried to broker peace but he isn't coming forth. So they are even tired of the man.

Am not sure she has a certificate cos when I asked her what her qualifications she mention one school I haven't heard before. Moreover she is quite young, she is in early 20s.
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 22, 2015
The man is no longer interested in the marriage and has moved on,she has to move on too,you can't force someone to love or care for you
The girl can go and legally change the name of the child to her last name and assume sole custody and care of the child
If dem tell una not to become housewives una no go gree
If she can't pay rent or feed,she can move back to her parents house and begin from there

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by Ewuro4: 5:41am On May 23, 2015
You will fear story. He moved out because she wants a maid

I don't even know where to start. undecided

TGIF
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by mrsmith11(m): 6:43am On May 23, 2015
babyosisi:
The man is no longer interested in the marriage and has moved on,she has to move on too,you can't force someone to love or care for you
The girl can go and legally change the name of the child to her last name and assume sole custody and care of the child
If she can't pay rent or feed,she can move back to her parents house and begin from there

You sometimes give some funny advice

The man has be responsible for their upkeep but now there is a problem then all she has to do is change there child name and move on.

So if she has to move on with her name then she has to change the child name......I fear thou advice

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by mrsmith11(m): 6:44am On May 23, 2015
babyosisi:

The man has been responsible for their upkeep but now there is a problem then all she has to do is change there child name and move on.

So if she has to move on then she has to change the child last name......I fear thou advice
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by EfemenaXY: 7:52am On May 23, 2015
Family Section awash with cooked up half-baked tales. It's ridiculous.

@op: courted for five years, you say? And during that time what was she doing? Getting to know this man properly by discussing real life issues like finance, education, family, work, religion, etc? Or did she use that time to "pose" and measure his worth based on the number of gifts / Brazilian wigs / latest phones, and so on the she got from him?

Why isn't she earning? Dated him for five years, you say and she's reduced to a beggar?

Tell this "friend" of yours to tell you us the real story.
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 23, 2015
mrsmith11:

The man has been responsible for their upkeep but now there is a problem then all she has to do is change there child name and move on.

So if she has to move on then she has to change the child last name......I fear thou advice

This is the last time I will be nice to you if you don't desist
Give your own advise and move on,that is how this place works in case you haven't figured it out yet
Final warning!!

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by udinov(f): 2:39pm On May 23, 2015
He is no longer your husband.

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by deeptesting(m): 2:55pm On May 23, 2015
Contact the Office of the Public Defender if you are in Lagos. They will surely assist her with free legal service.
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by mylove4him(f): 12:28pm On May 26, 2015
babyosisi:
That is what I am seeing from the whole thing. Changing name is the least of her problem but how to cope with feeding n provision for the child. That is what I kept telling her that she should have sorted herself before marrying the man.

EfemenaXY:
Family Section awash with cooked up half-baked tales. It's ridiculous.
@op: courted for five years, you say? And during that time what was she doing? Getting to know this man properly by discussing real life issues like finance, education, family, work, religion, etc? Or did she use that time to "pose" and measure his worth based on the number of gifts / Brazilian wigs / latest phones, and so on the she got from him?
Why isn't she earning? Dated him for five years, you say and she's reduced to a beggar?
Tell this "friend" of yours to tell you us the real story.
Efe I think her case is born out of she saw a comfortable man and hung herself on him. I wouldn't even know what she used that five years to do cos like I said she married young. And I am not sure she planned for this.
Re: Husband Refuses To See Us. by mylove4him(f): 12:28pm On May 26, 2015
deeptesting:
Contact the Office of the Public Defender if you are in Lagos. They will surely assist her with free legal service.
Thank you sir. I told her the same thing.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Right For Your Sister In-law To Say This To Your Mum? / How Do I Cope With My Wife Pressure? / A Good Name Is Better Than Riches.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.