Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? (5088 Views)

5 Fascinating Reasons You Should Drink Cucumber Water Everyday / Yellow pap (Ogi) sales and supplyIn Lagos Nigeria: 08032250831 / Where to buy Pap mixed with ginger In Lagos Nigeria: 08092903328 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 21, 2015
When I was little, my ever-smiling grandmother, used to tell me 'kit, don't drink your pap hot!', I didn't entirely understood this sentence, so whenever my mother prepares pap, I would wait for it to cool off, before drinking it. lol

So, curiosity took the better part of me and I asked my grams to expantiate this very sentence, but she only smiled and told me 'when you take your pap hot, it will scald your tongue and you won't enjoy it'
However, things happening recently has given me the understandings that I needed.

What she meant was abstinence from sex, they said what an adult sees while sitting, a child sees it not. What she was indirectly telling me then was:
-->Why ripped yourself of happiness just because of five minutes enjoyment??
-->Why subject yourself to shame willingly??
-->Why deliberately slow down your life??

Take it or leave it, we're in Nigeria, No matter the situation,No responsible mother would be glad to see her daughter give birth out of wedlock.
Don't get me wrong, pregnancy is not a disease, just that when it comes at the wrong time, it can re-shape your life.

My heart bleeds when I see teenagers and young girls who should be securing a better future for themselves in maternity gown. Why is it that unwanted pregnancy has become the trending act in our society??

I'm not writing this to condemn anyone, but hey this degrading act must stop, like immediately, we can do this, let's close our legs___and if anyone wanna open it, let him go about it in a right way,if he can't, vaseline is cheap, let him self-service to death.grin

I know some girls demand for sex, as if their life depend on it,God is your strength and will continue to be your strength undecided
And if you've been through this before(like gave birth out of wedlock) its not a crime, to err is human, to repeat is stupidityy, pick up the pieces of your life and be determined smiley

*sighs*

I will drop my pen here, even though I have a lot to say.....I don't wanna bore you with epistle.

Kitnah!

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 21, 2015
Tags
Diddydiva
Twaci
Lala247
Briee

$lets hear your thoughts

1 Like

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by BadBullet(m): 8:26pm On May 21, 2015
baby clap for yourself
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 21, 2015
kitnah:
Tags
Diddydiva
Twaci
Lala247
Briee

$lets hear your thoughts

Lol let me read topic first

Ok nice words from your nana smiley

Yes its true what she's saying, no one really wants that but sometimes its not always their fault.. Yes they should close legs but u know nigerian men dey promise the world after they get they leave n d girls are left to deal with it..

I think the problem comes from both women n men ..
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 21, 2015
thanks to your granny who taught you how to drink pap.
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 21, 2015
BadBullet:
baby clap for yourself
Lol........thanks jare!

NinoBrown888:
thanks to your granny who taught you how to drink pap.
funny you......lol
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 21, 2015
Lala247:

Lol let me read topic first

Ok nice words from your nana smiley

Yes its true what she's saying, no one really wants that but sometimes its not always their fault.. Yes they should close legs but u know nigerian men dey promise the world after they get they leave n d girls are left to deal with it..

I think the problem comes from both women n men ..
Roger that!
We all know nigerian men fake their feelings the same way, we fake our smile.
But we ladies will be, the one to suffer at the end.
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Twaci(f): 8:38pm On May 21, 2015
kitnah:
Tags
Diddydiva
Twaci
Lala247
Briee

$lets hear your thoughts

Hmmm, nice write up! And guess what, granny was right smiley. Lol, I thought it was really pap you were talking about cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by dharay99: 8:41pm On May 21, 2015
y not just make it short...
Too long 4mi read ATM. angry
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 21, 2015
Twaci:

Hmmm, nice write up! And guess what, granny was right smiley. Lol, I thought it was really pap you were talking about cheesy
Lol....not at all, its some kind of imagery that has a different meaning,but I thought it was real pap at first too.
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 21, 2015
dharay99:
Lazy boy!
Its because of people like you that I made it short, if you see the original post on my phone, you go fear, now be a good boy and read up!
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 21, 2015
kitnah:
Lol........thanks jare!

funny you......lol

you're yet to say anything abouh custard anyway..
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by sinizia: 8:50pm On May 21, 2015
Na wa o. OP, i think you have a dirty mind. Your grandmother never meant what you opined. You are just insinuating based what you have added to the well-known advice given to all humans irrespective of age.

Ask yourself, why would your grandmother give you a coded "sexual" advice at a toddler stage when you haven't even grown bòobs nor knew what a dìck or séx meant? Your grandmother is not the only woman is Nigeria to give such advice, my mom did. Other people's mom did too. It's called eating etiquette. You don't eat a hot food till the heat simmers a bit. It has no sexual connotation whatsoever attached to it. Exorcise such barbaric thoughts from your mind. Stop complicating issues out of nothing.

If you want to use this saying to pass an underlying message across, good and fine. But don't corrupt the original non-sexual meaning behind that saying.
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 21, 2015
i pray my girlfriend shud nt see this thread, "market dn spoil b dat o 4 dis cold night o.
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 21, 2015
NinoBrown888:

you're yet to say anything abouh custard anyway..
That will be to drink your custard when its cold........lol
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Twaci(f): 8:52pm On May 21, 2015
kitnah:

Lol....not at all, its some kind of imagery that has a different meaning,but I thought it was real pap at first too.
cheesy Glad it wasn't just me. I appreciate the message though, I wish all young women can come across this and understand it's message.
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 21, 2015
dharay99:

had it being her write-up is all abouh erotic stories, I'm sure you'd yell for more update.

1 Like

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 21, 2015
kitnah:
That will be to drink your custard when its cold........lol

now who taught you that ?
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 21, 2015
sinizia:
Na wa o. OP, i think you have a dirty mind. Your grandmother never meant what you opined. You are just insinuating based what you have added to the well-known advice given to all humans irrespective of age.

Ask yourself, why would your grandmother give you a coded "sexual" advice at a toddler stage when you haven't even grown bòobs nor knew what a dìck or séx meant? Your grandmother is not the only woman is Nigeria to give such advice, my mom did. Other people's mom did too. It's called eating etiquette. You don't eat a hot food till the heat simmers a bit. It has no sexual connotation whatsoever attached to it. Exorcise such barbaric thoughts from your mind. Stop complicating issues out of nothing.

If you want to use this saying to pass an underlying message across, good and fine. But don't corrupt the original non-sexual meaning behind that saying.
You don't understand,do you??
When I said little, I didn't mean like five or six, I was up to fourteen year then, so definitely my grams can't be telling me how to eat.
Even if it happens the way you suggested, we have to learn from every little things around ussmiley
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 21, 2015
Well am only minding the message not the messanger...if you mind some people that give you message in this world,you might not catch the message
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 21, 2015
Ipledge:
Well am only minding the message not the messanger...if you mind some people that give you message in this world,you might not catch the message
Thank you
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 21, 2015
Excellent piece!
For once, a lady has created a topic which no sane man should bash.

But op, . . . . self service? Really?!

1 Like

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by jamex93(m): 9:06pm On May 21, 2015
true talk don't take your pap hot
wat of tea we fut drink am hot abi

1 Like

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
Excellent piece!
For once, a lady has created a topic which no sane man should bash.

But op, . . . . self service? Really?!
Thanks for your compliment
About the wanking stuff-->lipsrsealed

jamex93:
true talk don't take your pap hot
wat of tea we fut drink am hot abi
Lol......thanks!
No wahala, we go drink anyhow
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by sinizia: 9:11pm On May 21, 2015
kitnah:

You don't understand,do you??
When I said little, I didn't mean like five or six, I was up to fourteen year then, so definitely my grams can't be telling me how to eat.
Even if it happens the way you suggested, we have to learn from every little things around ussmiley

@ embolden, the last paragraph of my penultimate post resonates with what you typed. They are in sync. That's why i said you are okay to make a message out of the advice, but the original advice is non-sexual. It's eating etiquette.

Nice thread. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by yorubaboiy: 9:12pm On May 21, 2015
sinizia:

opolo tie ko kpe rara.............

1 Like

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by jamex93(m): 9:16pm On May 21, 2015
kitnah:

Lol......thanks! No wahala, we go drink anyhow

na so

1 Like

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 21, 2015
sinizia:

@ embolden, the last paragraph of my penultimate post resonates with what you typed. They are in sync. That's why i said you are okay to make a message out of the advice, but the original advice is non-sexual. It's eating etiquette.
Nice thread. wink
Aww.......thanks!
I apreciate...

yorubaboiy:
opolo tie ko kpe rara.............
Jhor maa pamilerin grin
Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by Joeself1(m): 9:17pm On May 21, 2015
nice write up dear...hope we all understand this soon

1 Like

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by yorubaboiy: 9:23pm On May 21, 2015
kitnah:

Aww.......thanks!
I apreciate...

Jhor maa pamilerin grin

to ba je wipe o kpe ni......shey ko ye komo wipe oro awon agbalagba bi owe ni

1 Like

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by RomanceLander(f): 9:27pm On May 21, 2015
LoL I got the translation Even beforee opening the thread.

That's why she's a granny, she is speaking out of experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Drink Your Pap When Its Hot?? by 007Bruce: 10:33pm On May 21, 2015
pap tho grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Locust Beans / Naija Baker / Help : I Ate Groundnut With Plastic Malt,see What Happend To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.