Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog (766 Views)

I Have A Very Cool Business Idea But Shishi(capital) No Dey To Kickstart It / Apply Now For The 1-million Naira Sabmiller Kickstart Grant / How To Kickstart A Business or Company With N5,000 - N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog by OkunrinMeta: 11:38pm On May 21, 2015
Hello,
Okay, so I just started a blog and I believe I need help. I would like if you would help me check it out and tell me what to change. I will like to find out how to make it look good and send trafiic to it. I will also apprecite information about how much traffic i need before i can apply for and make some small amount with adsense.
I believe someone here will be gracious enough to help me, I would like as much help from as many people as i can get. I need to make money from this blog to raise capital for my business.
The link is
http://freshgraduatetrainee..com
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog by WebSnaz(m): 12:05am On May 22, 2015
OkunrinMeta:
Hello,
Okay, so I just started a blog and I believe I need help. I would like if you would help me check it out and tell me what to change. I will like to find out how to make it look good and send trafiic to it. I will also apprecite information about how much traffic i need before i can apply for and make some small amount with adsense.
I believe someone here will be gracious enough to help me, I would like as much help from as many people as i can get. I need to make money from this blog to raise capital for my business.
The link is
http://www.otondoapplicant..com
Thanks.

Hello OkunrinMeta (and other prospective new bloggers),

Making money from a Blog requires a lot of dedication, hard-work, creativity, passion and patience. If you are not passionate about blogging, I'm afraid you might get discouraged and later drop the idea when you face some challenges in future (trust me, I'm talking from experience and I am not trying to discourage you).

Please find below my SINCERE AND HONEST suggestions:

(1) Always publish posts regularly (at Worst case scenario, Publish at least twice a week).
(2) Write about interesting, useful, relevant and educative topics in your line of interest (Great Contents attracts Visitors).
(3) Use a bright and colourful background colour (as at the time I was writing this, the background colour of your blog was too
dull and not encouraging for "First-Time" visitors to visit again).
(4) Always include Relevant Pictures for each of your Blog posts. Please don't "copy and paste" pictures from other people's website or blogs without giving credit to them. It is advisable to get your pictures from public-domain websites or design your own graphic pictures yourself.
(5) Advertise your blog to your Facebook friends by sharing each post you publish on Facebook.

Hope you found my suggestions very useful and I wish you great success in your ?Blog and Future Businesses.

From WebSnaz Solutions Team
The Business Plan Writers.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog by OkunrinMeta: 3:07am On May 22, 2015
WebSnaz:

Hello OkunrinMeta (and other prospective new bloggers),

Making money from a Blog requires a lot of dedication, hard-work, creativity, passion and patience. If you are not passionate about blogging, I'm afraid you might get discouraged and later drop the idea when you face some challenges in future (trust me, I'm talking from experience and I am not trying to discourage you).

Please find below my SINCERE AND HONEST suggestions:

(1) Always publish posts regularly (at Worst case scenario, Publish at least twice a week).
(2) Write about interesting, useful, relevant and educative topics in your line of interest (Great Contents attracts Visitors).
(3) Use a bright and colourful background colour (as at the time I was writing this, the background colour of your blog was too
dull and not encouraging for "First-Time" visitors to visit again).
(4) Always include Relevant Pictures for each of your Blog posts. Please don't "copy and paste" pictures from other people's website or blogs without giving credit to them. It is advisable to get your pictures from public-domain websites or design your own graphic pictures yourself.
(5) Advertise your blog to your Facebook friends by sharing each post you publish on Facebook.

Hope you found my suggestions very useful and I wish you great success in your ?Blog and Future Businesses.

Thanks for the insight, really appreciate it.
About the pictures, can you give me an example of public domain websites where i can get good pictures without infringing on anyones copywright?
About the design, the free account i use on blogger doesn't give me much room for designs, ill keep experimenting until i find a good look.
How much traffic and blog post should i aim for before i apply for adsense?
Still on traffic, could you help me share one or two posts on your twitter and facebook to help my traffic. I dont have much friends on facebook and not really on twitter.

Would appreiate your answers to these questions. Thanks
Re: Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog by OkunrinMeta: 4:29am On May 22, 2015
@WebSnaz
ok I made two changes to my blog, due to your advise
1 I changed the theme, it looks a bit better but i it still still think it needs a lot of work.
2 I changed the domain name. It was otondoapplicant dot dot com now it is freshgraduatetrainee dot dot com. I think the later has more seo value. am I correct?
please you can view the blog again later and see if you can give me some advise on the theme. Thanks
Re: Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog by WebSnaz(m): 11:17am On May 23, 2015
OkunrinMeta:
@WebSnaz
ok I made two changes to my blog, due to your advise
1 I changed the theme, it looks a bit better but i it still still think it needs a lot of work.
2 I changed the domain name. It was otondoapplicant dot dot com now it is freshgraduatetrainee dot dot com. I think the later has more seo value. am I correct?
please you can view the blog again later and see if you can give me some advise on the theme. Thanks

Hello OkunrinMeta,

I have seen the changes you made to your blog.

Please find below my additional suggestions:

(1) The name of your blog is better than the last one you used.
(2) You have added a background colour but it's too dark. Use a lighter shade of Brown for your background colour (if you like brown).
(3) The colour of the section where the post contents are placed is Dark Brown. Please use White colour and make the text colour black.
(4) You still need to add Pictures to your posts as it still looks very dry.

Re: Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog by bedfordng(m): 2:31pm On May 23, 2015
work on your template.the colour scheme is not appealing.also, try and create read more on your post and image thumbnail for desktop view
Re: Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog by Brownhacks(m): 4:04pm On May 23, 2015
change the sidebar from left to right based on google bolt crawling format to quickly get index.can train you for a fee if ur interested
Re: Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog by OkunrinMeta: 4:10pm On May 23, 2015
bedfordng:
work on your template.the colour scheme is not appealing.also, try and create read more on your post and image thumbnail for desktop view
Thanks. Been trying different themes, they are not much better than each other. Really don't know how to make it as good as i need it to be. Can i download more templates to the ones that come with blogger? Thanks for ur help.
Re: Please Help Me Kickstart My Blog by OkunrinMeta: 4:13pm On May 23, 2015
Brownhacks:
change the sidebar from left to right based on google bolt crawling format to quickly get index.can train you for a fee if ur interested
Thanks, ill change the change the index to right, bur i cant afford any fee untill i start making some money.
Thanks for your help.

(1) (Reply)

Need Help In Getting Reliable Company To Import My Goods / Quadrillionaires In Zimbabwe Are About To Disappear / #UnionBank Trending on Social Media Following PMB's Asset Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.