Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Islamic Culture? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Culture? (3114 Views)

Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! / Distinctions Btw Western Culture And Islamic Culture / Islam And Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Culture? by pcmecom(m): 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2009
This is what a dutch member of parliament had to say

http://video.google.co.uk/?hl=en&tab=wv
Re: Islamic Culture? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2009
everybody is entitle to their own opinion and also entitle to any religion/culture cool
Re: Islamic Culture? by Muza(m): 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2009
As much as anybody is entitled to his opinion,he should have respect for other ppls beliefs,
the guy has been banned from entering the UK.
Re: Islamic Culture? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:10am On Feb 13, 2009
Muza:

As much as anybody is entitled to his opinion,he should have respect for other ppls beliefs,
the guy has been banned from entering the UK.

I would like to believe "respecting other people's beliefs" is a two way street.

Meaning, the dutch man has a right to his own belief- which he has stated,  in the same way Muslims have a right to their belief that non-Muslims are infidels.

Respect I think is a two way street. Tolerance is key. We should be able to tolerate other people's nuisances as long they don't hurt us.

The best thing to do is to live what you believe without hurting nobody!
Re: Islamic Culture? by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 13, 2009
Please, muslims don't believe all non-muslims are infidels. You shouldn't make statements that generate hatred like that.
Re: Islamic Culture? by kosovo(m): 6:50am On Feb 13, 2009
i can not say much on this, as there is no such thing as a retarded relegion.,
all relegions have their owm peculiar flaws, as there is no enough relegion in the world even to destroy relegion.
Re: Islamic Culture? by Lagosboy: 8:58am On Feb 13, 2009
@poster

His/her brain is retarded. Kudos to the UK govt who refused this personailty entry into the country.
Re: Islamic Culture? by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 13, 2009
Muza

How come muslims dont respect the religious belief of thers? If any muslim gives me an honest answer to this question, might consider adopting islam as my religion.
Re: Islamic Culture? by Lagosboy: 9:26am On Feb 13, 2009
Xavier.:

Muza

How come muslims dont respect the religious belief of thers? If any muslim gives me an honest answer to this question, might consider adopting islam as my religion.

stop being hypocritical!!!

You should prove it first from islam that islam doesnt respect other beliefs. The onus is on you to not on muslims to.

Do jews respect other faiths or did christian missionaries that came to Africa? They forced muslims to change their names to be able to get western education, our parents were asked to change their names. ?We should learn that respect begets respect!!!

Why do non muslims have an issue with the hijab? a simple piece of cloth women wear, what is anyones business with a womans free choice to dress in a way she wants. If islam was respected there wouldnt be so much fuss about the headscarve, this is just an example.
Re: Islamic Culture? by cyriluzo(m): 10:30am On Feb 13, 2009
Lagosboy:

stop being hypocritical!!!

You should prove it first from islam that islam doesnt respect other beliefs. The onus is on you to not on muslims to.

Am surprise you are looking for proves that muslims dont have respect for other beliefs. is 911 not enough?, what of the killing of innocent school teacher in the north? Does that have any justification? Yoruba muslims are an exception but unfortunately even they suffer thesame faith as others from the nothern muslims(ask the people in Jos for details)
Re: Islamic Culture? by MrCrackles(m): 10:42am On Feb 13, 2009
cyriluzo:

Am surprise you are looking for proves that muslims dont have respect for other beliefs. is[b] 911 not enough?, what of the killing of innocent school teacher in the north? Does that have any justification[/b]? Yoruba muslims are an exception but unfortunately even they suffer thesame faith as others from the nothern muslims(ask the people in Jos for details)

What nonsense are you talking about? Do you have any common sense at all?

What happened with 911 is not something supported or encouraged by Islam

It is so easy for people to carry out despicable acts and claim religion said so, and it is so easy for people that dont know about the religion to believe

Extremism in all type of religions are common, but it doesnt mean the religion preaches it

There are good muslims outhere who go about the principles without infringeing, alienating or encroaching anyone

We should be more worried about stopping all this religious hatred, extremism and mis-understanding

We need to be more tolerant and denounce evil/devilish acts

Everyone is entitled to thier opinions as well as religion and culture, however there is no point in fuelling the fires of violence and religious hatred
Re: Islamic Culture? by cyriluzo(m): 10:57am On Feb 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]What nonsense are you talking about? Do you have any common sense at all?

You don't have to get insultive. All you need do is state your point by debunking mine.

MrCrackles:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] What happened with 911 is not something supported or encouraged by Islam

Yes what happened in 911 is not an act supported by muslim, but its an act carried out by muslims with such disgusting hatred for those of other religion. 911 is not the only instance and am sure you know what they chant while carrying out
these acts

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] It is so easy for people to carry out despicable acts and claim religion said so, and it is so easy for people that dont know about the religion to believe

Extremism in all type of religions are common, but it doesnt mean the religion preaches it
[quote][/quote]

If you say so I agree. But in what religion do you have alot of maiming of human beings in the name of religion? MrCrackles "Perception is reality" Instead of fighting or insulting me, I think it will be nice to channel those energy in preaching what you feel islam really stands for among your fellow muslims(i.e if you are a muslim)

I do not hate muslims. I love them and I do love them with passion!!!
Re: Islamic Culture? by Lagosboy: 10:58am On Feb 13, 2009
cyriluzo:

Am surprise you are looking for proves that muslims dont have respect for other beliefs. is 911 not enough?, what of the killing of innocent school teacher in the north? Does that have any justification? Yoruba muslims are an exception but unfortunately even they suffer thesame faith as others from the nothern muslims(ask the people in Jos for details)

Tell me which faith had its adherents exclusively killed on 9/11.

Nairaland is just fast becoming a forum where all u anti islamic people post jargon everyday it just sickening. dont you guys have any other worthwhile thing to do rather than fuelling religious intolerance everyday.

the other day it was if mohamed was never born , today it is another jargon.
Re: Islamic Culture? by Lagosboy: 11:03am On Feb 13, 2009
cyriluzo:

I do not hate muslims. I love them and I do love them with passion!!!

Even Davidylan says he doesnt hate muslims grin grin grin

Terrorism is not exclusive to islam.

There are christian terrorist
There jewish terrorists
There are muslim terrorist sow hat the hell!!

tamil tigers are the inventor of suicide bombing and they are not muslims!!
The Farc rebels of colombia are not muslims
ETa trerrorist in Spain are not muslims
The IRA in UK were not muslims but chrisitans
The Niger Delta kidnappers are not muslims
The Laurent Nkunda rebels are not muslims
The murderer Milosevich was not muslim and massacreed abt 600000 Bosnian muslims

I could go on and on.
Re: Islamic Culture? by cyriluzo(m): 11:08am On Feb 13, 2009
Lagosboy:

Tell me which faith had its adherents exclusively killed on 9/11.

Tell me who are the perpetrators and who were the real targets?

Nairaland is just fast becoming a forum where all u anti islamic people post jargon everyday it just sickening. dont you guys have any other worthwhile thing to do rather than fuelling religious intolerance everyday.

the other day it was if mohamed was never born , today it is another jargon.  

I do think it is time we call a spade a spade and face where the real problem is.

Instead of allowing what happened in Holland affect innocent Nigerians in Kano, you should go and preach religious tolerance to the muslims there. If anti muslims are those who point out the truth to you, then what will you call those who kill in the name of Islam? or are you saying this those not happen?
Re: Islamic Culture? by cyriluzo(m): 11:20am On Feb 13, 2009
@Lagosboy

Unfortunately I do not have a religion, so its not even possible to have it mentioned in your list.

Moreso, I do not support killing of innocent people in what ever form, especially in the name of religion
Re: Islamic Culture? by MrCrackles(m): 11:27am On Feb 13, 2009
cyriluzo:

You don't have to get insultive. All you need do is state your point by debunking mine.

I have not insulted you, i asked you a question? You could have said NO or YES to it!!

cyriluzo:

If you say so I agree. But in what religion do you have alot of maiming of human beings in the name of religion? MrCrackles "Perception is reality" Instead of fighting or insulting me, I think it will be nice to channel those energy in preaching what you feel islam really stands for among your fellow muslims(i.e if you are a muslim)

That is not the issue here, we know extremism is rife in Islam but is it fair to group the principled and good ones with the rest?

When people talk about what others are doing to tarnish the image of islam, i expect some sort of SEPERATION to exonerate the good muslims!

And who told you people are not trying to preach to other muslims and non-muslims about what Islam stands for?

A goat that will get lost, will fucking get lost!

There will always be radicals and extremists, dat we dont condone but what can we do?!

I hate getting involved in inter-religious debates and issues, i am tolerant enough and respect other people's religion

End off!
Re: Islamic Culture? by Lagosboy: 11:29am On Feb 13, 2009
The killing of innocent is a crime wherever and my point is

Atheist kill innocents
Christian kill innocents
Muslims kill innocents
Jews kill innocents
Agnostic does

Why isolate muslims only? There is a extremism problem in islam no doubt but it is just same with every other faith. To say islamic culture as w hole is retarded is just a foolish and shallow thinking and that is my grudge!!
Re: Islamic Culture? by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 13, 2009
Dawoda the hateful guy's followers are springing up bleating all over NL tongue tongue
Re: Islamic Culture? by Lagosboy: 11:42am On Feb 13, 2009
oyb:

Dawoda the hateful guy's followers are springing up bleating all over NL tongue tongue

It is just sickening, whining everyday
Re: Islamic Culture? by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 13, 2009
problem is xtains dont kill enmasse in the name of their religion, same with hindus and most other religions of the world. Why are muslims different? 'Believe me, am not playing holier than thou', neither am I castigating anyone, just wondering? Why is Islam differenr
Re: Islamic Culture? by Lagosboy: 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2009
Did you just mention hindus

Perhaps go check back again and come back. did u hear of the train bombings in India last year?

Did you hear of the Zango kataf in Kaduna in the early 90's , remember Zamani Lekwot?
Re: Islamic Culture? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:08pm On Feb 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

What nonsense are you talking about? Do you have any common sense at all?
Really, no need 4 the harsh language!

What happened with 911 is not something supported or encouraged by Islam
Yeah, I suppose. However, Lots of Muslims like Lagosboy [/b]and a couple others never denounce such violence. Instead they make sentences like, it's not only muslims that are violent", "other religions have done this or that in the past'. Not encouraging violence is one thing, refusing to denouce it is another.

[b]It is so easy for people to carry out despicable acts and claim religion said so, and it is so easy for people that dont know about the religion to believe

Unfortunately, perception is reality!What you see is what you tend to believe.

Extremism in all type of religions are common, but it doesnt mean the religion preaches it.
Fact!  However, in adulterating a religion, the extremists tend to take from the underlying principles of that religion.

There are good muslims outhere who go about the principles without infringeing, alienating or encroaching anyone
Sure, I have a lot of good muslim friends, most of which would be very tolerant even to the stupid Dutchman

We should be more worried about stopping all this religious hatred, extremism and mis-understanding
I support! Especially when you consider that the major religions propped up from Judaism.
Interestingly, Christians and Jews get along pretty much I guess.

We need to be more tolerant and denounce evil/devilish acts
Tolerance is a two way street. Meaning, while the Dutchman is supposed to respect other people's beliefs, other people are supposed to tolerate his own beliefs.

Everyone is entitled to thier opinions as well as religion and culture, however there is no point in fuelling the fires of violence and religious hatred
I agree. However, no fires would be fueled if the offended can channel their energies to better use rather than getting into a religious frenzy anytime someone says something1

Re: Islamic Culture? by Lagosboy: 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2009
@papabrowne

I do not know how long you have followed my posts on NL but for you to fabricate a lie and say people like Lagosboy never denounce 9/11 or voilence is un called for.

If you do not know it is better you remain silent than forment trouble by making allegations that are baseless.
Re: Islamic Culture? by binahmad(m): 12:58pm On Feb 13, 2009
mogentle:

Suratul 2 verse 37--38 sayssad37) We said: Go down, all of you, from hence; but verily there cometh unto you from Me a guidance; and whoso followeth My guidance, there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. (38) But they who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of the Fire. They will abide therein.

And so the reason for Jihad. To steal to kill & to destroy.
Must we killpeople because they dont support our faith?

I get confused 'cos of those Hausas, the way they handled islam does not give a peaceful remark.
Other tribes are quite peaceful, but Hausas, forget them.

Suppose am an atheist and i'm to choose a religion, hausa/Fulani's muslim presentation will never encourage me to choose Islam. I will rather choose to remain like that. They kill other tribes, other religion faithfuls
believing that the more they kill, the better they are in God's presence, same believe for suicide bombers. Well I dont know sha, maybe that's what Islam religion teaches.

check these:
http://www.thatsweird.net/picture36.shtml

Now that is better, talk about the hausa's and remain concentrated there.

Thanks grin grin grin grin
Re: Islamic Culture? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2009
Lagosboy:

@papabrowne

I do not know how long you have followed my posts on NL but for you to fabricate a lie and say people like Lagosboy never denounce 9/11 or voilence is un called for.

If you do not know it is better you remain silent than forment trouble by making allegations that are baseless.

Hey, No offence intended! I probably just wrote your name to get ur attention!
Asides, at least on this thread and a couple others I've seen, you hardly criticize violence in the name of Islam, instead you often make references stating that other religions are violent too.

My point is simple; Tolerance is two way street. If you don't take offense, there would be no offense.

Stereotypists would refer to Islam as violent, the same way they would refer to Africa as poor.
Perception for them is reality. What they see is what would they believe. They don't have the patience to look up close.

The fact that 95+ percent of mass killings( say more than 100 people at once) worldwide, was done in the name of Islam is enough for them to conclude that Islam is violent. In the same vein, the fact that 95% of the pictures seen about Africa is Disease, Hunger and Wars is enough reason for them to conclude that Africa is a backward dump pit.

Fact is, majority of us- You, I , the President, The Imam, The Engineer, Cleaner and whoever we are- We base most of our judgements on stereotypes.

I think the onus of responsibility is on Muslims to discredit intensely, any violent brand of Islam.
Isn't it noteworthy that Christains are always the first to shout down other Christians who exhibit intolerance towards Muslims?
Re: Islamic Culture? by mogentle(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2009
They die off after the act . what is their gain from this suicide bombing? shocked shocked
Re: Islamic Culture? by MrCrackles(m): 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2009
Mogentle

Can you please take the pictures down

They might be offensive to some other forumites!!

Thanks
Re: Islamic Culture? by bgees(m): 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2009
ignorance is a disease

islamophobia is just getting worse by the day.
Re: Islamic Culture? by dayokanu(m): 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2009
Bgees,

Islamophobia is getting worse due to the act of your brothers in Jos, Kano, 9-11, London trains, Madrid, Mumbai.

Moslen Vs Hindu in India,
Moslem vs Buddhist in Thailand
Moslem vs Xtians In Jos
Moslem vs Atheist/freethinkers London and US
Moslems vs Traditional worshippers in Offa Kwara State.

In the so called xtian countries of the world, Moslems are allowed and practise without being restained. Most moslem posters here reside in these communities.

Have you seen what happens to xtians in Saudi Arabia and other Moslem countries?

@Lagosboy,
Zamani Lekwot took up arms to resist the Hausa Moslem aggression and he was arrested by a biased president.

I wonder how many places in the Moslem world we saw protest against 9-11, 7-7, Mumbai, and Madrid the way Protests were held in Germany, Denmark and UK to protest the killing of Moslems in Gaza and Sarajevo
Re: Islamic Culture? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2009
Dayo

for once u've spoken sensibly.
Re: Islamic Culture? by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Xavier, you are nuts. Have you gone to see your crush Jarus? tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Muslims Really Terrorist?. / When Nafila (voluntary) Prayers Not Allowed! / Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.