Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Have You Heard About The 22 Year Old That Made $15,000 From 1 Instagram Post?! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Heard About The 22 Year Old That Made $15,000 From 1 Instagram Post?! (961 Views)

Have You Heard About Sport Trading? / Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Heard About The 22 Year Old That Made $15,000 From 1 Instagram Post?! by Yemiolads(f): 4:13pm On May 22, 2015
Introducing Danielle Bernstein, the personal-style blogger behind 'we wore what'. She recently disclosed in an interview with Harper's Bazzar that she can make as much as a whooping $15,000 from one Instagram post! It's not magic, the money comes from fashion brands who want to get their products noticed by the close to a million followers that Bernstein has on IG. Interesting thing - this babe is just 22!!!

According to Business Insider,
Like many other fashion bloggers, Bernstein posts seemingly casual snapshots of her daily outfits, along with information about how to buy the clothes and accessories that she's wearing.
What her followers might not guess is that many of those posts are the result of negotiations with fashion and lifestyle brands who might ask her to not include any competitors' products in the same shot, or even in any other Instagram posts that week.
They're willing to pay a high price tag for that. According to Harper's Bazaar, brands spend more than $1 billion each year on sponsored Instagram posts.

The exact amount that companies pay is directly connected to the number of followers that an Instagram user has. When Bernstein hits the million-follower mark, she'll be able to charge even more for a single post.

Harper's Bazaar explains,

On average, if you have hundreds of thousands of followers you can make anywhere from $500 to $5,000 a post, but if you have upwards of 6 million followers, your fee can be $20,000 to $100,000 a shot.
Though Bernstein wouldn't say how much she earns through blogging and sponsored Instagram posts, she did admit that "it's more than I could have ever imagined [making] as a 22-year-old."
She added, "I fully support myself, and it's in the mid-six figures. I save; I invest; I'm trying to be smart about it all and learn as I go."

The question now is, how did she manage to grow such a large followership? That's where the work is. Perhaps, you want to do a research 'how to grow a large fan base on Instagram' now?

See More on www.opeyemioladotun..com

Re: Have You Heard About The 22 Year Old That Made $15,000 From 1 Instagram Post?! by kevoneal: 5:04pm On May 22, 2015
wow! so inspiring, it is one thing to read and be inspired by this kind of stories, it is another to get up and take action. All things are possible.

1 Like

Re: Have You Heard About The 22 Year Old That Made $15,000 From 1 Instagram Post?! by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 22, 2015
That's the power of social media.
Re: Have You Heard About The 22 Year Old That Made $15,000 From 1 Instagram Post?! by Paulscholari(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2015
I want to be blunt here... How do people make money by just posting a post, are they being paid by the owner of the social website for the number of likes or comments they receive on the post... For instance you have like 4 million people following you either on FB, Twitter or instagram and you make a post on let's say on Instagram and on that post alone you have 3 million comments and 3.5 million likes, will the owner of such website pay you because of the large volume of likes and comments you receive on that post?

1 Like

Re: Have You Heard About The 22 Year Old That Made $15,000 From 1 Instagram Post?! by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 22, 2015
Paulscholari:
I want to be blunt here... How do people make money by just posting a post, are they being paid by the owner of the social website for the number of likes or comments they receive on the post... For instance you have like 4 million people following you either on FB, Twitter or instagram and you make a post on let's say on Instagram and on that post alone you have 3 million comments and 3.5 million likes, will the owner of such website pay you because of the large volume of likes and comments you receive on that post?
No, but Brands who want more publicity may see your crowd of followers as a target market and may be willing to pay you.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Heard About The 22 Year Old That Made $15,000 From 1 Instagram Post?! by Paulscholari(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2015
blogexpert:
No, but Brands who want more publicity may see your crowd of followers as a target market and may be willing to pay you.
ok... That's cool.

(1) (Reply)

Acquiring A Smart Number For A Business / Virtual Office: A Fast Growing Concept / Let All FOREX Traders Share Their Broker Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.