Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? (3744 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by Riskie(f): 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2009
When I'm outside UAE I don't wear the hijab but I do dress decently.I recently started being fully hijabi. I wear the abayah and the sheila out in public. I started doing this because it feels more comfortable when I'm in certain places here.I noticed that in some places here when you don't wear full hijab the men (mostly Indians who are Hindu,surprisingly) will tease you or try to touch you or rub themselves against you. After I started wearing it I didn't notice this happen anymore. Men will also let you get in front of the line at stores or let you go in elevator first. The only problem is that it is boring to wear lol.I just wanted to know if any other Muslim women wear the full hijab and how do you feel about it? Do people treat you differently when you wear hijab as oppossed to when you don't? Does it make you feel more comfortable when you go to certain places? Also to the Muslim men do you treat a woman that wears hijab differently than a woman who doesn't?

Re: Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by mukina2: 3:47pm On Feb 12, 2009
I do not wear HIjab, i only wear Hijab when i pray.I have friends who wear the full Hijab though and yeah they are treated differently, one of my pals wear the full thing with the burqua. the face veil, even black socks and gloves,if she is going to the market, people give her way and do not even attempt talking to her.
Funnily like you, she does it because she does not guys calling her or so.

Personally i prefer the head veil only undecided
Re: Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by Lagosboy: 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2009
As a man I know men treat the hijabi with more respect and don’t attempt to harass them except people who are naturally hostile to islam and would like to take the micky. As you are in UAE I think u have an environment that is very easy to wear it and feel comfortable. In the UK, where I live thousands and thousands of sistas where the hijab with no problem at all except in some “predominantly white places” in the north east or down south where minorities are not common.

@Mukinah
Furthermore the hijab is the compulsory one and according to 90% of the scholars the veil – Nikab isn’t compulsory on a woman.
Re: Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by mukina2: 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2009
I know lagosboy wink

i know the fard parts of Hijab very well
Re: Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by olabowale(m): 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2009
the hijab has to be worn in the heart, first before outwardly. it is like the male's beard, because it is what announces you to the world that you are a muslim woman. read it in surah Ahzab. but then, the hair and neck must be covered. unlike what is on the page, it still could be fashionable and meet all Allah's Injuctions.
Re: Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by Lagosboy: 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2009
My wife just post and run commot oya come back na grin grin
Re: Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by javalove(m): 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2009
@Riskie

May Allah make it easy for you.

Are you married?

@topic

Well, i treat sisters in hijab with lots of respect anywhere, anytime, anyday. If i see a sister in hijab being harased in public places, i usually join in.
Re: Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by Lagosboy: 8:52am On Feb 13, 2009
Yes she is married to me grin grin grin
Re: Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 13, 2009
I respect hijabites.
Re: Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by shariaman: 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2009
the main question be is
the ONE who directed you first to put on the hijab how will he treat you
that should be the main concern and better if it is the only concern
"the most respected in the site of Allah is the pious ones"
ie those that are following the commandments and leaving off disobedience,

when u gain Allahs respect, u gain jibrils respect, then the rest of the angels, then that of humans then that of the ocean dwellers

what else can you ask for
Re: Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? by zayhal(f): 10:40am On Feb 14, 2009
Yes, the hijab earns you more respect from people and most importantly, earns you reward from your creator, just like not wearing it earns the wrath of Allah.

It's not an issue of fancy or comfort, it is a compulsory act for the matured muslim woman to wear hijab when going out. Though these (fancy, comfort etc) could be incorporated in it according to individual preferences.

The picture above is far from the proper hijab of a muslimah.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? / The Coccyx-mystery Unraveled / Muslim: How Is It Possible For Jesus To Live As A Human Being In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.