Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Help! - Ideas For Video Reduction/recoding Needed - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Help! - Ideas For Video Reduction/recoding Needed (1527 Views)

Pls Help, What's The Best Software For Video Editing / :::::: Best Laptop For Video And Photo Editing ::::::: / Insurance For Video Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! - Ideas For Video Reduction/recoding Needed by YOHANAN(m): 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2009
Hey Landers,

I've got a video editing job on my hands and i've done all the editing and graphic work, but the stuff is 4.5 GB on my hard disk and i need to reduce it to about 700 MB to fit into a CD.

I recently installed NERO 9 SUITE on my system but the NERO RECODE on it is not getting the job done. and i need to get this job done by this weekend.

Am i getting something wrong or should i try another software entirely (and if yes, where/how can i get it)?

Computer Geniuses in the house, over to you!
Re: Help! - Ideas For Video Reduction/recoding Needed by sojioguns(m): 11:53am On Feb 14, 2009
When you say you want it on CD, is it to be played on a VCD/DVD player or computer?
How long is the material?
Re: Help! - Ideas For Video Reduction/recoding Needed by YOHANAN(m): 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2009
The Video is to be played on VCD players and it 2 hours long.
Re: Help! - Ideas For Video Reduction/recoding Needed by sojioguns(m): 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2009
The max duration playable on VCD players (MPEG1 352 X 288 PAL) is 1 hour but 50 minutes is safe. So definitely you need more than 1 CD.
You could try this though:
Forget VCD players as it is very poor quality. Try DVD (MPEG2 720 X 576). Check your bitrate to be about 4500KBps and you should fit 2 hours of video on a single DVD. Then you have to play on a DVD player.
Re: Help! - Ideas For Video Reduction/recoding Needed by JJYOU: 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2009
why do we have vcds in nigeria?
Re: Help! - Ideas For Video Reduction/recoding Needed by YOHANAN(m): 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2009
Because most Nigerians are dirt poor anjd can't afford the better technology available! grin
Re: Help! - Ideas For Video Reduction/recoding Needed by sojioguns(m): 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2009
@YOHANAN, I take offense in your statement. What do you mean we are dirt poor? How much is a DVD player. I will get one for 5,000. Technology is at its cheapest these days.
So which country does not have its own social strata. There will always be the rich and the poor, anywhere in the world.
Re: Help! - Ideas For Video Reduction/recoding Needed by YOHANAN(m): 1:44am On Feb 17, 2009
@ Sojioguns

Hey, lighten up bro, just kidding; am a Nigerian too, remember?

Anyways, i've decided to put the project on a dvd and convince my clients to go that route. Better screen resolution that way; and my Pinnacle Studio 9 and Nero 9 seem to be up to it.

Thanks Y'all!

(1) (Reply)

Cinema 4d Forum / silly Works With Coreldraw / Solar Canopy Turns Sunlight Into Electricity And Art

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.