Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane (1303 Views)

Lagos Maid Steals Bosses' $10,000, Converts To Naira At N86 Per Dollar (pic) / How Ritualists Murdered 24-yr-old Female Accountant In Port Harcourt(picture) / Man Allegedly Steals Plane At Vegas Airport; Controller Talks Him Down (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by Chanchit: 6:04pm On May 22, 2015
A California flight instructor’s puzzling disappearance continues to baffle investigators 11 days after he stole a plane and vanished over the Pacific Ocean.

“It’s a mystery, and it will continue to be until something pops,” Palo Alto police Sgt. Brian Philip told the Daily News.

Pilot William McAdams was last seen on May 8 at an airport in Palo Alto. Surveillance video showed the 24-year-old between 1 and 2 a.m. before he slipped off with his employer’s Cessna G1000 Skyhawk.

A faint radar blip registered later about 70 miles off the California coast, but it wasn’t strong enough to pinpoint a location, NY Daily News reports.

And then he was gone — literally off the radar.

He left no note, and police have turned up nothing as they stalk his social media accounts, cellphone records and bank accounts for any sign of activity.

“There’s not enough for us to even know where to search,” Philip said.

McAdams was arrested in April on serious charges in Florida. He pleaded not guilty to aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, false imprisonment and misdemeanor battery and was released on $16,000 bail on April 27.

McAdams is due back in court on June 2, if anyone can find him.

www.sugardaily.ng/24-yr-old-american-pilot-steals-plane-disappears-over-pacific-ocean-no-one-has-found-him/

Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by excellentmomma(f): 6:11pm On May 22, 2015
With all these charges against him, why did they still allow him access to the flying area. I hope he has not committed suicide. If he has sorry for him, but good he didn't take anyone along.

I still wonder how he cleared the way, taxied and took off, without anyone noticing, when it's not a car in a park.

Wonders! Anyway humans improve everyday with processes.
Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by elantraceey(f): 6:12pm On May 22, 2015
Lol , Thief with difference grin

He is most likely going to be caught , a plane is not something you can easily hide and use.
Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2015
Another Osama bin Islam

1 Like

Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by philfearon(m): 6:51pm On May 22, 2015
In case.
Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by Chanchit: 7:43pm On May 22, 2015
Walahi this one na another catch me if you can, if you've watched that film, but on a serious note this guy has taken stealing to another level, warri boys this guy fit make una carry last o. And where are this mods, make nairalanders for FP Know say new Chief of thieves don emerge na.
Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by Chanchit: 7:47pm On May 22, 2015
Ikenna351, OAM4J, Afam4eva)
Lalasticlala Seun, come and do the needful na.
Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by Lucasbalo(m): 5:50am On May 23, 2015
That guy is probably at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean being feasted on by the sharks.

1 Like

Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by adeoye201: 6:10am On May 23, 2015
infact.this guy na chief of all the omila wey dey nigeria. I raise one ikebe for the dude
Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by PapiWata: 6:54am On May 23, 2015
Looks like a suicide for sure. Good thing he did not make that final trip with a load of passengers, because they would ALL have been sleeping with the fishes by now.
Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by profpets(m): 7:24am On May 23, 2015
Tiff
Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by andyanders: 8:10pm On May 27, 2015
excellentmomma:
With all these charges against him, why did they still allow him access to the flying area. I hope he has not committed suicide. If he has sorry for him, but good he didn't take anyone along.

I still wonder how he cleared the way, taxied and took off, without anyone noticing, when it's not a car in a park.

Wonders! Anyway humans improve everyday with processes.

You said the right thing.Why allow him access to an airplane as he could get himself killed.
Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by Moana(f): 8:44pm On May 27, 2015
He took the plane to go join ISIS cry
Re: 24-yr-old American Pilot Steals Plane by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 28, 2015
Smart dude right there.....#inhausamanvoice# d one wen pain me pass be say d boy handsome finish...

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Kills Woman In Hollywood. / GRAPHIC Video:many Feared Dead As Police Pursue Commercial Bus At Iyano Oworo / Please Help Save My Friend From Corrupt Custom Officers - pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.