Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice (12815 Views)

School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) / Deeper Life High School Tops Africa Category At World Robot Olympiad / Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by naijanaso: 6:15pm On May 22, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, I am sort of confused as to which school to send my son. I enrolled him for the entrance exams into the Deeper Life High School (DLHS) and Faith Academy Secondary School (FA) of Winners chapel, based on recommendations from friend. These friends however, do not have a first hand experience of the schools, but you know how it goes...my friend's child, my neighbour's child etc attended/is attending the school and they are very ok - those kind of chain recommendations.
Now, the wahala is that he passed both entrance exams. He has done the second stage of the DLHS and did very well while the second stage of the FA comes up on the 18th of June which I think he will also do well.
What I am asking for is candid opinion/advice based on experiences or what you know about the school considering morals, academics etc to help me in my decision.
WHICH SCHOOL SHOULD I SEND HIM TO, should both schools offer him admission?
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by resty4(m): 6:36pm On May 22, 2015
Do two things 4 i perceive u r religious:
1 pray 4 God's guildance
2 wait 4 his leading
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by naijanaso: 6:48pm On May 22, 2015
resty4:
1 pray 4 God's guildance
2 wait 4 his leading

Thanks. Already praying... Just wanting to know what people know or think about the schools. Knowledge they say, is power
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by naijanaso: 6:52pm On May 22, 2015
resty4:
1 pray 4 God's guildance
2 wait 4 his leading

Thanks...have been praying, just that I want to get more information about the schools. Knowledge they say is power.
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by kodyx(f): 7:33pm On May 22, 2015
I heard that deeper life school is very good. so try that,am also in the same dilemma,my son passed 3 Catholic schools in edo state,am still undecided.
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by tpiadotcom: 8:23pm On May 22, 2015
What is your vision for the child?

I'm not sure why you need to do this much soul searching just to get him or her into secondary school?

maybe i'm missing something.
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by naijanaso: 8:58pm On May 22, 2015
kodyx:
I heard that deeper life school is very good. so try that,am also in the same dilemma,my son passed 3 Catholic schools in edo state,am still undecided.

Thanks. So I heard too. I am wishing you the best and God's will too for your child. It's really not easy.
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by naijanaso: 9:08pm On May 22, 2015
tpiadotcom:
What is your vision for the child?

I'm not sure why you need to do this much soul searching just to get him or her into secondary school?

maybe i'm missing something.

No question is worthless. My vision for the child is to have a well groomed (moral, intellctual, academic and God fearing) child at the end of his secondary education.
Also, I am not yet that millionaire that will spend over a hundred thousand naira per term and not get the best of it. Don't crucify me pls.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by amokeme(f): 10:02pm On May 22, 2015
I think you should try Faith academy.. They are really good
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by tpiadotcom: 11:58pm On May 22, 2015
naijanaso:

No question is worthless. My vision for the child is to have a well groomed (moral, intellctual, academic and God fearing) child at the end of his secondary education.
Also, I am not yet that millionaire that will spend over a hundred thousand naira per term and not get the best of it. Don't crucify me pls.

you are the one crucifying yourself.

like I said, I don't see why there has to be so much soul searching over choosing a secondary school for your child. You are free to explain however.

University I can understand, secondary school, not so much.

But, if you cant decide, then why not place the child in whichever of the schools belongs to your church?

Btw, raising a moral, intellectual, academic and God fearing child is as much the responsibility of the parents as it is of the school, imo.

But if you are looking at the school's academic record (WAEC, JAMB, etc), then I guess that should be a criteria.
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by tpiadotcom: 12:01am On May 23, 2015
resty4:
1 pray 4 God's guildance
2 wait 4 his leading

this
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by Nobody: 6:32am On May 23, 2015
naijanaso:
Hello Nairalanders, I am sort of confused as to which school to send my son. I enrolled him for the entrance exams into the Deeper Life High School (DLHS) and Faith Academy Secondary School (FA) of Winners chapel, based on recommendations from friend. These friends however, do not have a first hand experience of the schools, but you know how it goes...my friend's child, my neighbour's child etc attended/is attending the school and they are very ok - those kind of chain recommendations.
Now, the wahala is that he passed both entrance exams. He has done the second stage of the DLHS and did very well while the second stage of the FA comes up on the 18th of June which I think he will also do well.
What I am asking for is candid opinion/advice based on experiences or what you know about the school considering morals, academics etc to help me in my decision.
WHICH SCHOOL SHOULD I SEND HIM TO, should both schools offer him admission?
DLHS is good. My cousin who is a pastor's son attends d school (Ibadan Campus) and all of us have seen changes in his life. Considering d fact dat he was stubborn and lazy before we put him in dat school bt all dz have left him and he has changed totally. I don't know wat dey gve or teach dem in dat school. His academic performance has changed positively also. Am not advertising for d school bt only commending dem for how dey have transformed my cousin positively.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by naijanaso: 8:31pm On May 23, 2015
derespect:

DLHS is good. My cousin who is a pastor's son attends d school (Ibadan Campus) and all of us have seen changes in his life. Considering d fact dat he was stubborn and lazy before we put him in dat school bt all dz have left him and he has changed totally. I don't know wat dey gve or teach dem in dat school. His academic performance has changed positively also. Am not advertising for d school bt only commending dem for how dey have transformed my cousin positively.
Thanks.
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by naijanaso: 8:36pm On May 23, 2015
tpiadotcom:

But if you are looking at the school's academic record (WAEC, JAMB, etc), then I guess that should be a criteria.

I also made mention of academics my dear friend which covers WAEC and JAMB, if you read through. I guess we are not fighting here. You have really not made a contribution to me, rather you have ended up in just blasting me. No crime in seeking advice or asking questions I guess. Take am easy oh. However, thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by NL1960: 12:38pm On May 25, 2015
derespect:

The first thing that these religious or missionaries school teach you is disciplined. There are always a set of rules and regulations that have to be strictly followed and obeyed and such rules and regulations are no respecter of anybody even if you are the child of the President. So when you see that there is no preferential treatment for you, you have no choice than to be serious. This is where such schools have an edge over the private schools. My son went to do the entrance examination into one of the missionaries schools. He told me that two boys that were making noise and disturbing to the extent of drumming on the desk in the examination class were told to come out and kneel down in front of the class after being warned not to to disturb.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by NL1960: 12:43pm On May 25, 2015
kodyx:

Not really easy. To make it easy for you, i guess you originally had a first choice, second choice and third choice before your son started writing the various examinations. That was what i did which helped me to easily choose when my son started passing all the schools i took the forms. He passed Lumen Christi in Uromi but distance consideration made it to drop from first choice.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by philiancoop(m): 1:03pm On May 25, 2015
DLHS will give your boy a solid spiritual and educational foundation

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by kodyx(f): 1:20pm On May 25, 2015
NL1960:

Not really easy. To make it easy for you, i guess you originally had a first choice, second choice and third choice before your son started writing the various examinations. That was what i did which helped me to easily choose when my son started passing all the schools i took the forms. He passed Lumen Christi in Uromi but distance consideration made it to drop from first choice.
I would have advised you to have taken Lumen christi uromi,I have a son there as well and they are academically high,not minding the distance,quality is the watch word...
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by NL1960: 1:31pm On May 25, 2015
kodyx:
I would have advised you to have taken Lumen christi uromi,I have a son there as well and they are academically high,not minding the distance,quality is the watch word...

I know about Lumen christi very well and iam also from Edo. A girl is following my boy and she will likely enter secondary school next year. So i have to take her into consideration. If the boy goes to Lumen christi, the sister school to Lumen christi is Presentation Benin and i have not really heard much about them and i do not think that they have been able to catch up with Lumen christi. Another consideration is that on a visitation day for boarders, the logistics of moving between Uromi and Benin will be too much because both schools operate the same structure. Anyway, my boy is going to Saint Gregory, Ikoyi which is also a Catholic school while iam projecting Holy Child which is the sister school of Saint Gregory for the girl.
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by naijanaso: 2:22pm On May 25, 2015
So much appreciation.
Re: Deeper Life High School Or Faith Academy...pls Advice by kodyx(f): 7:08am On May 26, 2015
NL1960:

I know about Lumen christi very well and iam also from Edo. A girl is following my boy and she will likely enter secondary school next year. So i have to take her into consideration. If the boy goes to Lumen christi, the sister school to Lumen christi is Presentation Benin and i have not really heard much about them and i do not think that they have been able to catch up with Lumen christi. Another consideration is that on a visitation day for boarders, the logistics of moving between Uromi and Benin will be too much because both schools operate the same structure. Anyway, my boy is going to Saint Gregory, Ikoyi which is also a Catholic school while iam projecting Holy Child which is the sister school of Saint Gregory for the girl.
Oh dat is very good,my brothers all went to St Greg's and my my sis also finished from Holy child,while I still have a niece in Holy child's,these are all wonderful schools you know,I grew up in Lagos,but don't stay in Lagos anymore due to marriage,otherwise my boys would have gone to St Greg's as well. I am more at tune with the Catholic schools due to the morals they give the kids,not because am Catholic anyway.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

English Teachers Are Desperately Needed In China / Application Letter Witten By An Employee For The Position For Computer Operator / Finnish Universities Are Looking For Foreign Students(free Education)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.