Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

We Are Able (A Touching Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able (A Touching Story) (6375 Views)

A Touching Story From A Taxi Driver You'll Never Forget / A Touching, Inspiring Story I Found On Naijastories This Morning! / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by Aipete2(f): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
SammyO4real:

Missing y'all too. This is a season of CHANGE, so I have to do that grin
wow! Thats great

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by mariamferanmi(f): 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dis got me crying........ I know things will get better, It is indeed we are able!!!!!!! Thanx 4 d update op

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by rose4flower(f): 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
Sammy some is posting ur work on fb one ijeoma lady she is posting it on dis group matters of d heart strictly 4 educated women

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
Bro, honestly, this piece got me emotional. And truly, a tear dropped off my right eye. You are so good. It really is touching! It is a contest winner. You are good.
Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by rhajaan(m): 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
Very good story .....pure class....but check your tenses....her for him and stuffs like that

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by heftycullolipop(m): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
hmmmmm indeed we are able**so touching
Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ah!! my eyes are wet. I never knew i can get interesting stories here, i love this section.
Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by rhajaan(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
SammyO4real come and finish up pls

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by SammyO4real: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2015
[b]CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

"She is crazy!" I said vindictively. "She must be mad!"

My aunty and my classteacher had just finished telling me that Toyosi came for the purpose of taking me back to my father.

"For what reason? So that she can kill me?" I signed.

"Just put your mind at rest, Rose, you are not going anywhere," my teacher assured me.

I wished Toyosi nothing other than evil. Why can't she just slump one day, never to rise again? I would think. I tried all ways to cease thinking evil about her, but no way.

"Why can't she be hit by a vehicle once and for all?" I said in the presence of my aunty two days after Toyosi visited our home.

"Hey, don't say so!" she said. "Have you forgotten what the bible says? Pray for your enemy."

"But the bible didn't specify the type of prayer, aunty. So maybe I would just be doing the right thing by praying for the death of my enemy!" I said stubbornly. For the first time my aunty was speechless over my mindboggling opinion.

Mrs Oyin would soon be joining her husband abroad. Her husband had instructed her to get a buyer for that house we were occupying with her. She wasn't happy about the turnout of things.

"I am not selling this house," she replied her husband through a letter. "Don't you understand, I have a family staying there with me."

Her husband insisted on her selling it. It was an arrangement they had had between themselves while her husband was departing few years back. He didn't have the intention of returning to Nigeria and his wife was going to join him there permanently too.

My classteacher told us the story in details. There was a loan they obtained four years back, through which they had been able to acquire much of the wealth they had. The loan would be due for repayment in six months. The house and few other property were used as collateral security back then, that was the reason why the house would be sold and the cash so obtained would be paid to the bank. Mrs Oyin would use part of the money from the sales of the property to acquire a visa.

"Mrs Oyin, if your husband asked you to sell this house then you have no option than to sell it," Rachael said.

"I can't!" she responded. "If I do so where should I push you and Rose to?"

"God will take control and be a refuge to us," my aunty replied with those smiles bequeathed with dimples as she was wont doing.

Two people barged into the door, Toyosi and John my father. I developed goose pimples when I saw John. I felt like shooting at him, but unfortunately I had no gun.

They began to open their mouths. They had veins on their necks as they spoke. I could perceive that they were speaking harshly to us.

My aunty took me aside after a hot brawl with my father. She began to speak slowly with her hands so that I could grab the whole detail:

"Rose, they are here to take you back," she said.

"Why? They imprisoned my mother and caused me much pain. I can't go back into that house! Over my dead body!"

"You will go, Rose," she said. "John your father has much say over you. He is your father."

"A disowned father!" I shouted. "He doesn't want me and I have disowned him already!"

"Rose, at the moment things isn't going to be the way you are thinking. They have a lawyer already; your father has threatened to charge us to court for child abuse."

"How?" I was baffled and confused.

"They said that you were being maltreated and left without care here. They said they would win the case easily because he is your father and you are not supposed to stay outside his house without his permission."

What gave me much concern was that confession that I was being maltreated and left without care. That was a blatant lie. How could they say such thing? Mrs Oyin had really shown much care for me, far more than any care I had ever received.

"What evidence would they provide in the court of law that I was maltreated here?" I asked my aunty.

"Toyosi said she saw you running helter-skelter in the rain with a boy. She said she wanted to know why we left you at the mercy of a boy. She said we would have to supply an answer to that question by the time they get us arrested."

I was shocked! How did Toyosi spot us in the rain that day--myself and Moses, the boy who was running about with me in the rain that day? Yes! I remembered I saw Toyosi on a motorcycle that day but thought it was just her lookalike.

This Toyosi must be a monitoring spirit, I thought.

My father and Toyosi insisted on taking me along with them immediately, but my guardians disagreed. They promised to bring me to them by themselves.

I wondered why Toyosi had all the time going about with my father when she was supposed to be in her matrimonial home taking care of her husband. She had only been a thorn in the flesh of my family.

Why on earth did my father want me in the house? I thought I was a burden to him, so what would he have me do after imprisoning my mother? I was scared of what my future with him would hold. Without my mother in that house with me I would be dead in few weeks in that house.

I fluttered out of the room and charged at my father in the parlour. My father looked at me and shook his head as though he was having pity for me.

"Rose, forgive me," he said and wept. When I saw the sign made by my teacher to interprete what he said, I couldn't believe my eyes--my father asking for my forgiveness after all his evil acts towards me? It was incredible!

I took advantage of the situation to ask something from him.

"I shall only forgive you on one condition," I said. "Release my mother."

"We shall do so," they replied with smiles, herself and her concubine. They lowered themselves at me and cuddled me up in a warm hug.

The day after, my aunty took me to them. They had prepared a special dish for my aunty and I. I was reluctant to eat the food but my aunty asked me to eat.

"Now I have come to realise that everybody is useful in the society. Rose is my daughter but I have always been cruel to her. Now I have promised to take good care of her like a princess. I will bring her mother back into this house. I have gone to see the Chief Warder yesterday and he has assured me that everything is under control."

When my aunty was departing, Toyosi asked me to lead them in prayers to my amazement. I concurred, my aunty being the one doing the interpretation for them.

Is this an answer to our prayers? I pondered.[/b]

Note: This STORY and other EBIAG STORIES are available in PDF and EPUB format which you can purchase through attachment to your e-mail address or by coming down to our office, EBIAG NIGERIA, 5/9 MOHAMMED STREET, SANTOS LAYOUT, AKOWONJO, LAGOS.

Other stories you can get written by the same author are:

1. Hope And The Island of Greatness
2. We Are Able
3. As E Dey Happen
4. Honeymoon In Prison
5. I wanna Win
6. The Changed Criminal
7. Political Crinkum Crankum
8. Laisser Moi Tranquille (French Story)
9. Bella Benson (Nigerian High School Musicals)
10. Devil's Prey
11. Goats In Uniform
12. Suicide Note, etc.

You can also have award-winning stories written for you in your own name by Sammy O. Contact Sammy O. on FACEBOOK: Sammy Oh; Twitter: SammyEbiag and Whatsapp/Call: 08138410839.
Website: www.ebiag.com is under reconstruction to fit our needs.

Note that the WE ARE ABLE story is now in prints and currently selling at promo price. Note, you can win up to #250,000 annually or #10,000 weekly by buying the hard copies or subscribing to the PDF and E-PUB version of any of our stories.

We Also Offer Home Coaching Services in all SUBJECTS, seeking to explore the talents in you or your children/Ward.

Visit us today at EBIAG NIGERIA, 5/9 MOHAMMED STREET, SANTOS LAYOUT, AKOWONJO LAGOS or Lekki-Ajah Office, Addo-Badore Road.

Call: 08138410839

EBIAG= Every Body Is A Genius

YES YOU ARE IF YOU BELIEVE SO!!!

1 Like

Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by SammyO4real: 4:00am On Sep 13, 2015
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO Toyosi asked me something in sign language. I was surprised she was able to do the sign better than I left her. "Your mother would be here in few minutes," she assured me. "Really?" I was excited. "Yes," she said. My father came to sit beside me and held me close to his chest. He cleaved my hair and kissed the middle of it. This is a miracle, I thought. Bode was lying down ill. He needed care. Toyosi took all his clothing material to wash. I asked her if I could help, but she insisted that she would do them on her own. When I remembered that my poem collections would soon be published, I intensified my effort on it, writing more and more. This time around, they were poems of happy reunions and happy endings. I couldn't find it hard coming about a poem anymore, because they were just a replica of events unfolding. It was a week already and my mother wasn't back yet. Toyosi had assured me that she would soon be here with us, so why should I keep worrying? I began to develop a poem. It was titled THE STRATEGY OF GOD: It all began with a solid tragedy Until I thought there was no remedy Never knowing it was a strategy To bring about a wonderful comedy I thought it would end in an elegy But in the end it becomes an eulogy All glory to God who made me a prodigy Beyond all human analogy I thought I had no ability But I discovered them with agility When challenges came with intensity But now I can display my audacity... Toyosi saw me writing it. She tapped me and smiled. She had been reading it all the while, unknown to me. If my ears could hear I would have noticed when she opened the door and entered my room. I quickly flipped the book closed. "Come with me," she said in sign language. "I have a..." she couldn't sign out what she meant. "I have a something for you," she said at last. She must have thought of saying she had a surprise for me, but she didn't know how to do that in sign language. I followed her. To my shock, it was my mother I saw sitting right inside the parlour. I rushed to her and gave her the tightest hug I have ever done to anyone. Mother and I rolled on the floor, thanking our God for a happy ending. My father met us in the euphoria. He was happy too. My father and my mother hugged each other for the first time since I got to know them. Toyosi said that she had become a born-again Christian now. She said God told her to bring my mother back from the prison. She even confessed to the fact that she was the person calling me up in my dream. "I knew I cannot kill whom God hasn't killed because I tried it with voice language the first time but Rose didn't hear me, let alone give a reply. The second time I tried it, it was my own son who appeared and not Rose," Toyosi said. "Assuming Bode understood the sign language, he would have been dead by now because that is Apepa! " Toyosi wept and asked for our forgiveness. Willingly we forgave her. A week later, aunty Rachael came to tell us that she had found a fiancé--a very rich one for that matter; Honorable Daniel, the man she met during my graduation ceremony. "Daniel is a God-fearing man," Rachael said. I could spot a tint of gladness in her dimples. Her lips expanded and contracted as she did the sign language. She was telling my mother with her mouth and doing the sign language at the same time. "That's great!" my mother was happy. "Daniel would be travelling to the US with me permanently. He would be settling down there." "Thank you Jesus!" I exclaimed in sign language. But I would miss my aunty so much. Our school had resumed but my father insisted that I wasn't going to continue in a public school of the handicapped. They said I would do my school in a private secondary school for the deaf and dumb. I would be travelling to Abuja for that purpose. It was a special school where the special people from rich families attended. My father and her concubine, Toyosi, took my mother and I to Abuja to see the school I would be attending. It was like heaven. The buildings were as tall as the clouds. I saw rich children over there; the deaf, the dumb, the lame, the blind. They had no cause to be burdened in their hearts. Why should they worry when they had all things at their reach? If there is money, the disabled people wouldn't have any reason to worry, I thought. My father and I returned home after the one- week holiday in Abuja. My mum and Toyosi said they were going to do a little shopping. When we returned home, I found a letter hung in our letterbox. I read it: My aunt was notifying us that she had just travelled out of the country with her fiancé, Honorable Daniel. They wouldn't be returning soon. It was a mixture of joy and sadness for me when I read the news. Oh! My aunty! There can never be any two aunties in the world for me. The picture of my school-to-be set on my face: Springtime International Special School. I was glad I would be there someday, soonest. Toyosi returned to the house late. I was shocked when she returned all alone. "Where is my mother?" I asked her. She made her fingers into a bundle and flipped it over her mouth to signal to me that I should speak with my mouth. "Where is my mother?" I asked with a frown on my face. She touched her ears to signal to me that she couldn't hear my voice. I was flabbergasted as I saw her laughing out loud. John joined her in it."
Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by Babham(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
bros sammy ur website is nt dead o
Re: We Are Able (A Touching Story) by wucky: 11:20am On Oct 01, 2016
Thumbs up to u

(1) (2) (Reply)

On Wings Of Insanity (Short Story) / My Jamb Story / The Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.